Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2010, 01:11 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times

Advertisements

And that is why...well.... LOL.

Everyone knows we need taxes. Every one knows this. It's how things get paid for, these days. It's kind of ....necessary. Tea partiers have rallies where they say slogans like, "Some should not pay all, all should pay some." That sounds reasonable.

And then you people like this guy. Tell me; "True patriot' or "WTF is this guy smoking?"

" the original tea party involved destroying a taxed commodity in order to hinder the collection of taxes on that product. With cigarettes, you can just quit smoking and become a patriot and part of our tax revolt. There are many in California who will no longer buy big ticket items in California because the sales tax is being raised an entire point (7.75% -> 8.75%). We will drive to Arizona or Nevada to purchase these items. That will hurt local retailers, and drive more businesses, jobs and families out of California, leaving the state in a worse situation than it was before.
Black markets will emerge and bartering will expand as Americans will revert to ’survival mode’. We will not be slaves to our government, no matter who the president is. Liberals don’t understand how the world works. Their marxist dreams will come crashing down, just like the Soviet Union."

I'm reading this thinking, "This has got to be a joke."

Are you going to stop buying, stuff like gasoline (taxes) to drive your truck (taxes, license fees, mandatory mandated insurance in some states) to drive on a Federal Highway (taxes) patrolled and kept safe by State Troopers (Taxes) to get to Arizona or Nevada to buy a "big ticket item."

What's a big ticket item... a fridge? You're gonna show the government you're serious about taxation by buying a fridge in Arizona?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAhAHA.

I wonder how many Tea Partiers would rather die than take an ambulance on a road paid for by state/local/federal taxes to a hospital that takes Medicaid/Medicare dollars. True patriots put their money where their mouth is. If you're gonna be a bigot, you can't just be 1/2 a bigot. It's just not convincing.

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.The correct use of the term requires the elements of obstinacy, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing devotion.

Bigotry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember a depressing episode of The Jeffersons in which, purely by chance, George Jefferson administers life-saving CPR to the leader of a white supremacist organization (for some reason they're together in the same building, or in an elevator, or something). The guy is recovering in the hospital when George Jefferson is introduced to him by a friend as the man who saved his life. The white supremacist guy looks at his friend and says "you should have let me die."

That, my friend is true bigotry. Or looked at in another light, extreme dedication to your cause.

"Making me work to pay your way is SLAVERY."

sounds like

"Making you work to pay my way is A-OK."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 01:20 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
And that is why...well.... LOL.

Everyone knows we need taxes. Every one knows this. It's how things get paid for, these days. It's kind of ....necessary. Tea partiers have rallies where they say slogans like, "Some should not pay all, all should pay some." That sounds reasonable.

And then you people like this guy. Tell me; "True patriot' or "WTF is this guy smoking?"

" the original tea party involved destroying a taxed commodity in order to hinder the collection of taxes on that product. With cigarettes, you can just quit smoking and become a patriot and part of our tax revolt. There are many in California who will no longer buy big ticket items in California because the sales tax is being raised an entire point (7.75% -> 8.75%). We will drive to Arizona or Nevada to purchase these items. That will hurt local retailers, and drive more businesses, jobs and families out of California, leaving the state in a worse situation than it was before.
Black markets will emerge and bartering will expand as Americans will revert to ’survival mode’. We will not be slaves to our government, no matter who the president is. Liberals don’t understand how the world works. Their marxist dreams will come crashing down, just like the Soviet Union."

I'm reading this thinking, "This has got to be a joke."

Are you going to stop buying, stuff like gasoline (taxes) to drive your truck (taxes, license fees, mandatory mandated insurance in some states) to drive on a Federal Highway (taxes) patrolled and kept safe by State Troopers (Taxes) to get to Arizona or Nevada to buy a "big ticket item."

What's a big ticket item... a fridge? You're gonna show the government you're serious about taxation by buying a fridge in Arizona?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAhAHA.

I wonder how many Tea Partiers would rather die than take an ambulance on a road paid for by state/local/federal taxes to a hospital that takes Medicaid/Medicare dollars. True patriots put their money where their mouth is. If you're gonna be a bigot, you can't just be 1/2 a bigot. It's just not convincing.

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.The correct use of the term requires the elements of obstinacy, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing devotion.

Bigotry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember a depressing episode of The Jeffersons in which, purely by chance, George Jefferson administers life-saving CPR to the leader of a white supremacist organization (for some reason they're together in the same building, or in an elevator, or something). The guy is recovering in the hospital when George Jefferson is introduced to him by a friend as the man who saved his life. The white supremacist guy looks at his friend and says "you should have let me die."

That, my friend is true bigotry. Or looked at in another light, extreme dedication to your cause.

"Making me work to pay your way is SLAVERY."

sounds like

"Making you work to pay my way is A-OK."
I'm sure you have a point to that rambling post, so I'll be patient and maybe you'll get to one in another post or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies