Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 09:30 PM

14,941 posts, read 8,555,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
That's mostly your opinion...and you are like Ann Coulter concerning facts...you make up your own.

The Republican party beginning in 1981 does not even resemble the Republican party I voted and worked for when I was young. They vote for everything that comes along to support corporations and the wealthy. That's the facts. I've only voted for a Democrat for president twice in my lifetime...2004 and 2008 but I'll never vote for the Spend and Borrow Republicans again if I live to 100. 'Course at my age I won't be voting too many more times anyway.
Ridiculous ... not just my opinion ... it is a proven fact ... unless you can show me where all those great jobs are ... all of those new US exports NAFTA and GATT were supposed to create .... Hmm?

I guess all of those naysayers who warned that corporations were going to massively move jobs off shore ... including that guy with the big ears "Thaat sucking sound you'll hear are all of the jobs leavin Amerka", among a multitude of others who warned us precisely what NAFTA and GATT would do were .. err. uh .. wrong? Right-O

And, for the record ... the republican party never was what you thought it was .. it just took you decades to figure it out. They didn't change ... you just got a little smarter ... not a lot ... just a little .. and I say that because in 2004 and 2008 you thought that dubya's fellow Bonesman Kerry, or the mighty slayer of CO2, his holiness and high priest of the church of global warming, Al Gore were there to save the day? LOL They were the shills sir ... in the old boxing parlance ... they took a dive ... they were setup men for the Bush clan.

No, Al, you can't be president ... but we will make sure you get stinking rich off global warming ... get a Nobel Peace Prize, and an Oscar as consolation prizes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
really? penalize them? they pay 0 percent in taxes!!! MAKE THEM PAY TAXES!

i pay 37.5% in taxes, i find the tax tables UNFAIR because the bottom bracket has a big fat 0!
That's right!!! Let them eat cake.

If you're going to be a boot lickin slave for the federal reserve bankers .. everybody needs to fall in line!!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
ok ok ok i understand what you mean, sales tax, everything else tax, yes the poor do pay taxes, but my little brother didn't pay ANYTHING in taxes this year and he got a nice big fat return!

its not a lie, the tax liability of a person earning under 20,000 is $40 look it up. so i'm not wrong when i say they don't pay taxes on april 15th. $40 is not 40%
And I'll bet that brother of yours is living like Astor's pet freaking donkey on all that money he's withheld from Uncle Sam who needs it sooo much more than your brother ... the little un-patriotic tax evader.

Man .. are you freaking people for real?

Old 04-20-2010, 01:22 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,555,038 times
Again...the facts are that with a Republican majority in the congress George W. Bush assumed a financial condition which was slated to completely pay down the national debt by 2012 and he used the reconciliation procedure in 2001 and again in 2003 to put tax cuts in place by a simple majority which rewarded his wealthy supporters and doubled the national debt from $5.6 trillion to $11 trillion.

"During his first term (2001-2004), Bush sought and obtained Congressional approval for tax cuts: the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001, the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act of 2002 and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003. These acts decreased all tax rates and reduced the capital gains tax.
The U.S. national debt grew significantly from 2001 to 2008, both in dollars terms and relative to the size of the economy (GDP),[1] due to a combination of tax cuts and wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq."

Old 04-20-2010, 05:04 AM

I didn't figure you George W. Bush fans would want to talk about it any more.

And the $450 billion of surplus generated during the last three years of the Clinton administration is real...it did happen.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:34 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,425,821 times
Quote:
i pay 37.5% in taxes, i find the tax tables UNFAIR because the bottom bracket has a big fat 0!
Nobody pays 37.5%. That's at best a marginal rate, and likely the sum of your federal and state rates with maybe some other stuff thrown in. Meanwhile, the 0% tax rate applies if your taxable income is between $0 and $5. Now someone would have reached that level after subtracting out the personal exemption and standard deduction, but guess what -- you don't pay any tax on those either since you also deduct them, and quite possibly a good deal more as well. Are you happy taking nice, fat deductions for yourself while trying to deny them to people who make less than you do? That doesn't seem all that noble to me.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Nobody pays 37.5%. That's at best a marginal rate, and likely the sum of your federal and state rates with maybe some other stuff thrown in. Meanwhile, the 0% tax rate applies if your taxable income is between $0 and $5. Now someone would have reached that level after subtracting out the personal exemption and standard deduction, but guess what -- you don't pay any tax on those either since you also deduct them, and quite possibly a good deal more as well. Are you happy taking nice, fat deductions for yourself while trying to deny them to people who make less than you do? That doesn't seem all that noble to me.
I have a friend who moved to the MS Gulf Coast about 1970. He went into the metal building construction business. He's a millionaire now and has earned close to half a million each year for the last ten years. He told me that if he ever had to pay more than 20% to the government he would fire his accountant.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:12 AM

19 posts, read 20,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
It is about respect. No white POTUS has been asked to show his BC so why is he being asked. It is nothing but racist hate that makes people try to find something to degrade this President. No one else in history ever was even questioned.
Please stop with the race card.... its been so over used in recent years, that it has lost all effectiveness with most people...

John McCain was asked for his....
http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/mccain%20birth.html (broken link)

Funny thing is Obama said this the day after he was sworn into office:

[LEFT]"For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. This administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but with those who seek it to be known," Obama said before a gathering that included his senior staff. "The mere fact that you have the legal power to keep something secret does not mean you should always use it. Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2009/01/21/60474/undoing-bush-obama-orders-easier.html#ixzz0ldzIkrfc

Transparency? Obama?
[/LEFT]

Old 04-20-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
So Obama HAD TO start a new war in Afghanistan, while continuing the Bush war in Iraq? He couldn't have said to himself, "I believe in spending for social programs and I'll have more money for them if I don't do the Republican thing of starting idiotic wars in foreign countries to distract the masses from the collapse of the US economy?"
When did you arrive on our planet? Bush began the invasion of Afghanistan on October 7, 2001, and we and some NATO forces have been there ever since, including while Bush fumbled away a perfectly good victory by pulling so many troops out for his useless adventuring over in Iraq. President Obama spoke throughout his campaign of the need to wind down our Iraqi presence while returning lost focus to the war that mattered, the one to support the governments of Pakistan and Afghanistan by targeting al Qaeda and resurgent Taliban forces in the region. That is exactly what he has done.

The seeds of the economic crisis were meanwhile sown between 2002 and 2006. They were left to germinate then through their emergence in credit markets in mid-2007 and a bursting into full flower througout the broader economy over the Fall of 2008. The US economy was in a literal free-fall by the time the new administration was sworn in, and there is hardly any need to distract attention from the quite remarkable efforts that then pulled us back from the abyss and have since set us at least tentatively back on a path toward progress. With Republicans contributing nothing but pointless stalling and delaying tactics the entire time.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Ridiculous ... not just my opinion ... it is a proven fact ... unless you can show me where all those great jobs are ... all of those new US exports NAFTA and GATT were supposed to create .... Hmm?
That's the trouble with any sort of free trade. It's easy to spot the jobs that have been lost and all but impossible to pin down the jobs that have been gained. This leads a lot of people into misconceptions over the whole idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies