Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:45 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Because it erves the agenda . Thats why you'll never hear about all the crimes these homosexuals commit on others, especially the young .

They chant at their rallies " recruit,recruit,recruit " , "sex before eight or it's too late " I had 'chicken' for supper[ chicken being young boys ] . Now they want to teach kids about fisting ! Too disgusting to describe here .

Only place you hear of this is amoung conservatives who warn people about their kids . Schools are huge recruiting grounds for these kids .

Where are the mothers and fathers of these kids ?
Where have you heard these "chants" at rallies? Or are you getting all of this information from fear-mongering right-winger sources ("gays want to eat our babies for lunch!!! oh my GOD!")?

I know quite a few gay people - I work for one, actually. While I'm sure there are some kooky ones, the ones I know are perfectly normal people who are not trying to "recruit" me or any other little kids to be gay. They just live their life and respectfully let others do the same.

Why is that so hard for you to do?

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-19-2010 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: the quote you replied to has been removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Homophobe means to fear homo, but I don't fear them or hate them . I just don't want them around my kids or grandkids .
Then don't let them onto your property. As far as public places go, you're out of luck. You can't determine who can go where in a free country.

2,318 posts, read 1,895,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Wait...what??

I've never heard any of those things and I've been to some pretty crazy Pride parades in my day....

Guess you were too busy checking out the menus .

Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,780,625 times
Quote:
Tell that to the Department of Education ! Tell them to stop promoting homosexuality on our kids . tell the homosexuals to stop attacking christians in the street and demanding rights for themselves while taking away the rights of others .

They are cowards on top of it, you don't see any homosexuals protesting or picketing a mosque ! They don't demand that mosque teach or promote thier agendas .
I see where you are coming from and understand your thoughts. I too am tired of getting bombarded with gay rights issues as well as other liberal causes. Without exception though, I am also concerned with privacy issues much more so. My concerns are for EVERY AMERICAN, regardless of race, creed, sexuality, and/or religion. The school issues you brought up are for another post I believe. Although I will say, I would like to see the gay community picket a mosque or anyother "religious" enity; as they always seem to choose Christian causes or the like.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:47 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
"Why won't gay people shut up about "rights"?

I would suspect that the simplest answer is that they won't "shut up" until they receive what they consider to be their full share.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:48 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
I see where you are coming from and understand your thoughts. I too am tired of getting bombarded with gay rights issues as well as other liberal causes.
We're all bombarded with all kinds of issues from all spectrums, political and apolitical. The trick is to grow a thicker skin. Otherwise, you'll just go crazy.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,561 times
Quote:
Homophobe means to fear homo, but I don't fear them or hate them . I just don't want them around my kids or grandkids .

I don't preach to them or bother them in school .

There are many madrassa [ I think it's what they call muslim school ] here now . I'd bet you the farm you couldn't throw a homosexual in one of those or make them go to one and call them homphobes either .
you're a funny old man! i'de love to sit out on your front porch with you and shoot the bunnies in your little garden some time! that's what i used to do with my pa-paw...

but sir, i believe you are one brick shy of a load...and maybe that's okay in your old age, i'll probably be a grumpy old man too some day!

as far as throwing a gay person into a "madrassa"...i'll pass.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"Why won't gay people shut up about "rights"?

I would suspect that the simplest answer is that they won't "shut up" until they receive what they consider to be their full share.
Uhh, you realize it was a sarcastic question, right?

Old 04-19-2010, 11:53 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
but I don't fear them or hate them . I just don't want them around my kids or grandkids .

I don't preach to them or bother them in school .
You know whats funny,

I have heard these exact same things said before. Just put in the "N" word, aka derogatory term often associated with African Americans.

My dad told me, he used to hear the same things to. Back in the early 60's, before integration took effect, and during its enactment.

I hope my son grows up in a world that accepts people for who they are. Maybe one day, He'll be able to tell his children about the hatred of homosexuals, so they can appreciate a world where that kind of hatred is marginalized, because it'll never completely go away, just like racism hasn't ever gone completely away.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Guess you were too busy checking out the menus .
Nope! Happily (nearly) married straight woman here!

I have a few friends who are gay and pride parades are pretty fun. They have stand up comedians, drag shows, performances etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies