Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 06:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Nice refutation! Do you have any coherent, intelligent points to make or are you incapable of logic and reason?

I'm not sure if White males face more discrimination than other groups, but they are the only group that faces institutionalized racism at the hands of this government.
A government...........that is staffed overwhelmingly by White males.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 06:38 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
A government...........that is staffed overwhelmingly by White males.
Can you back that statement up? If I recall correctly, minorities are disproportionately employed in government jobs.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
As a straight, white man, I feel blessed that I was born this way.

Just being white gives one an advantage.

Being a man doubles that advantage.

There are absolutely no insults that can be thrown at a white guy that can hurt as much as a black person being called the "N" word or a woman being called the "C" word or a gay person being called the "F" word.

White people in general are more trusted up front more than others.
You should come to work with me sometime, I can show you some white men who don't seem to be benefiting from that advantage.

AA seeks to make amends for past wrongs - racism today is not nearly as pervasive as it was in the past. What matters today is affluence, not skin color.

I knew a black kid who went to a private school, dad was a doctor, mom was a nurse, lived in a million dollar house, and got the benefits of AA - why? There are white kids out there living in trailers with methed out moms.

At the end of the day, race is a canard... If we're going to have affirmative action, the basis should be wealth, not race or gender.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:40 PM

994 posts, read 725,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I hate these racial undertone threads, i really do. However i totally disagree with that, i feel that GAY MEN AND WOMEN face more discrimination, then any other group. Any different racial group, at one time or another can be discriminated against. In America 2010 we really should get over the racial barriers that we have. Except for illegal's.
We cannot get over them. There is no way the Democratic party will ever allow equality because nearly every voting bloc that supports the Democrats does it out of resentment of wealthy white men. It's the same with NAACP, NOW, and other organizations.

Sexism will never go away because feminist activists won't let it go away. And the same with racism. Just think about it -- book contracts, documentaries, political contributions, research grants, public awareness campaigns -- discrimination is a multibillion dollar industry.

The very people fighting discrimination are the ones making the money from its existence. They have no incentive whatsoever to be successful in their fight. They need to keep fighting indefinitely or they're out of a job because they get paid to be discriminated against. They are professional victims.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:41 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
That is a possibility in the area of Government employment and college educations.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
You should come to work with me sometime, I can show you some white men who don't seem to be benefiting from that advantage.

AA seeks to make amends for past wrongs - racism today is not nearly as pervasive as it was in the past. What matters today is affluence, not skin color.

I knew a black kid who went to a private school, dad was a doctor, mom was a nurse, lived in a million dollar house, and got the benefits of AA - why? There are white kids out there living in trailers with methed out moms.

At the end of the day, race is a canard... If we're going to have affirmative action, the basis should be wealth, not race or gender.
The longer the government keeps these programs in place, the harder Whites have to work, and the better off they will be. Any program that enables me to achieve at a lower rate than another wouldn't give me half the drive I have now. As a White male, I have big footsteps to follow in, and I don't want any shortcuts. I want to EARN my lot in life.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Can you back that statement up? If I recall correctly, minorities are disproportionately employed in government jobs.
Really. The Senate, House, federal judiciary, state assemblies and state senates, the Federal Reserve, and most of the higher echelons of the U.S. military and law enforcement are staffed by minorities? News to me.

Minorities have a higher proportion to their population in mid- and lower-level government positions (bureaucrats, lower management, labor, etc) - but no actual advantage in numbers - than in the private sector, simply because the public sector has tried to eliminate discrimination in hiring while the private sector thrives on it.

I honestly don't think white men of any stripe have anything to complain about in terms of access to wealth and power in this society.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Really. The Senate, House, federal judiciary, state assemblies and state senates, the Federal Reserve, and most of the higher echelons of the U.S. military and law enforcement are staffed by minorities? News to me.

Minorities have a higher proportion in mid- and lower-level government positions (bureaucrats, lower management, labor, etc) than in the private sector, simply because the public sector has tried to eliminate discrimination in hiring while the private sector thrives on it.

I honestly don't think white men of any stripe have anything to complain about in terms of access to wealth and power in this society.
How many Senators and House members are democrats who rely on minority victims to garner votes? I wouldn't refer to them as "the man". The Fed is run by Jews, not Whites. The military is engaged in many "diversity" programs to lure young minorities into the war machines. As for law enforcement, I think you are right on that one.

So Billy Joe and Bobby Ray in Arkansas have access to wealth and power? And racial quotas despite lower standards?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
They must be monumentally incompetent. I see white men all the time who have no business being in the positions they have.

Quote:

I knew a black kid who went to a private school, dad was a doctor, mom was a nurse, lived in a million dollar house, and got the benefits of AA - why?
What benefits did he get?

Quote:
There are white kids out there living in trailers with methed out moms.
Then mama should get off the damn drugs. If she's methed out, why isn't her ass in jail? Oh, right......she's white.

Quote:
Then discrimination in all parts of society based on race needs to be eliminated first.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
How many Senators and House members are democrats who rely on minority victims to garner votes?
I don't know what you mean by "minority victims," but the vast majority of people in the electorate are white.

Quote:
I wouldn't refer to them as "the man". The Fed is run by Jews, not Whites. The military is engaged in many "diversity" programs to lure young minorities into the war machines. As for law enforcement, I think you are right on that one.
Uh, Tim..........Jews are White - at least the ones in the Government (Bernanke, Paulsen, etc.)
Quote:
So Billy Joe and Bobby Ray in Arkansas have access to wealth and power? And racial quotas despite lower standards?
They have more than Rasheed and Jamal in North Philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies