Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:29 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
And I will assume, simply by reading your posts, that the first-hand evidence I have gathers shows a glaring lack of said intellect on your part.
You are free to make that assumption.

I base my assumptions off of IQ statistics and personal experience. I am a man of science, not anecdotes or fairy tales or feel good "myths".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 07:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Those guys look African to me.
Exactly. African Latinos.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
You are free to make that assumption.

I base my assumptions off of IQ statistics and personal experience. I am a man of science, not anecdotes or fairy tales or feel good "myths".
The scientific method requires rigorous analysis, standards and extensive, repetitive testing. "Assumptions" don't figure into it. The fact that you make assumptions about entire groups of human beings is incongruous with your claim to be a man of science.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Exactly. African Latinos.
I stand corrected.

I wonder if many people realize that a majority of the slaves sold by the Africans to the Europeans were brought to South American Brazilian & Portuguese countries, not English countries like the U.S.A.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I stand corrected.

I wonder if many people realize that a majority of the slaves sold by the Africans to the Europeans were brought to South American Brazilian & Portuguese countries, not English countries like the U.S.A.
They should. Only about 10-15% of the Africans who made the Middle Passage came to what is now the United States.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
The scientific method requires rigorous analysis, standards and extensive, repetitive testing. "Assumptions" don't figure into it. The fact that you make assumptions about entire groups of human beings is incongruous with your claim to be a man of science.
I operate on the assumption that Blacks in America have an average IQ of 85, Latinos 89, Whites 100, Asians 103 (or 106) and Jews 113. I am fully aware of outliers, which is why I stated that personal experience of intellect/skill can sway my opinion. I am a man of science and logic, not anecdotes, diversity "myths", or unsubstantiated claims.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
They should. Only about 10-15% of the Africans who made the Middle Passage came to what is now the United States.
Only 10-15% of Americans have stepped outside of the country and into the real world.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:42 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, your anecdotal rant does not qualify as quantitative data. White Males are racially discriminated against in the form of Affirmative Action. This is a fact.

white males don't need affirmative action. Besides, aren't there more white males in college than black males anyway? So what are you so resentful about that for? Black males aren't taking your spot. I bet the college you go to has far more white males than Black yet you are getting your panties all up in a bunch over AA.

Quote:
Until AA is repealed, I will assume that minorities got accepted to college/workforce as a result of discrimination, unless I can gather first hand evidence of their intellect/skill

lol Who died and made you God? Minorities don't have to prove anything to you. Your assumption is worthless. If the minority has the credentials and meets the qualifications then they are just as deserving of any job as the next person white or Black. It seems like nothing will make you more happy than seeing minorities miserable.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I operate on the assumption that Blacks in America have an average IQ of 85, Latinos 89, Whites 100, Asians 103 (or 106) and Jews 113. I am fully aware of outliers, which is why I stated that personal experience of intellect/skill can sway my opinion. I am a man of science and logic, not anecdotes, diversity "myths", or unsubstantiated claims.
IQ is not in itself any credible measure of intelligence.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:50 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
The Whites who make this argument are usually just bitter snobs because they didn't get into the Ivy League college of their choice like Yale, Princeton, or Harvard; you are not being cheated out of anything because there are plenty of good colleges across the country where you can get a just as good education, and find a good job. Not to mention much more affordable. Nothing is holding you back. I'm Black and I didn't get into Harvard, Yale or Princeton or any of those other Ivy League schools and I have a good gpa. And please stop implying that many minorities who did get in did so with a low gpa; unless you are in admissions or have access to every black person's transcript you don't anything.
Right, and blacks who get arrested or don't go to college are just making excuses for their own failures and poor life choices.

Exactly correct. People who whine about being discriminated against do so because they're failures, regardless of skin color - that's what I said in my first post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies