Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:46 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Discrimination can happen in many ways. It can happen to anyone. On the job isn't the only way, and it can happen to minorities and straight White men. However, the effect makes a difference. White males can get discriminated against some state-run spheres. The private sphere is another matter. Minorities are more likely to be discriminated against, even with qualifications being the same. You have environmental discrimination. You are more likely to find waste and toxic dumping occurring in places where Blacks and Hispanics make up the majority. It can happen in some White working-class areas, more it happens more where Blacks and Hispanics live.

Discrimination isn't as simple as it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayvee View Post
At the end of the day, they dont respect my authority because they were raised not to. I truly believe that blacks and whites need to be re-segregated without any interference from white authorities to sabotage anything (which has been done in the past). Before DE-segregation, black crime, children being born out of wedlock were rare cases. Black business were also around and catered to the community, since De-segregation did not happen under mutual respect, all of those gains were lost. Violence is always used against minorities to give into what the tyrannical government wants ex.Bombing of black wall street, assassinations and deportations of black leaders that have some sort of growth program. The government wants weak dependent people so they can be used, abused, and flushed like tissue. (I believe that average white citizen could care less, and just want to live their lives and not be bothered)

I am not that unique, i have tons of friends that share the same attributes and have accomplished even greater things than me. When you say that whites are being discriminated because of the color of thier skin, that my friend is called "reverse racism" i dont know what you call it, maybe you should do a sample poll of whites and ask them if that qualifies.

I dont hate anybody, i feel it would just be better for both people (especially for blacks) to tend to their own with out any interference. There will always be racism because after reading your posts, you find fault when they go to college, get work, rob, hang in the hood, etc. So the best alternative for everyone is to re segregate because anything else would be genocide, which i am sure a lot of your comrades would love to occur.
I understand exactly what you mean. Not because I’m black, but people do not give me basic autonomy because of my blindness. I see this with Black people too. Often it’s subtle, sometimes it’s not so subtle, but it’s about giving people the same respect just for being human. Any accomplishments warrant respect above and beyond that base level of respect. Black people, in our society, have to work harder just to get that base level of respect. That is racism. White people may be discriminated against at times, but institutionalized racism is White-on-Black, which means that on the grand scale (within our country), White people are given authority and autonomy with much greater frequency than Black people. I honestly believe anyone person who is not able to admit this is either misinformed or willfully ignorant.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayvee View Post
At the end of the day, they dont respect my authority because they were raised not to. I truly believe that blacks and whites need to be re-segregated without any interference from white authorities to sabotage anything (which has been done in the past). Before DE-segregation, black crime, children being born out of wedlock were rare cases. Black business were also around and catered to the community, since De-segregation did not happen under mutual respect, all of those gains were lost. Violence is always used against minorities to give into what the tyrannical government wants ex.Bombing of black wall street, assassinations and deportations of black leaders that have some sort of growth program. The government wants weak dependent people so they can be used, abused, and flushed like tissue. (I believe that average white citizen could care less, and just want to live their lives and not be bothered)

I am not that unique, i have tons of friends that share the same attributes and have accomplished even greater things than me. When you say that whites are being discriminated because of the color of thier skin, that my friend is called "reverse racism" i dont know what you call it, maybe you should do a sample poll of whites and ask them if that qualifies.

I dont hate anybody, i feel it would just be better for both people (especially for blacks) to tend to their own with out any interference. There will always be racism because after reading your posts, you find fault when they go to college, get work, rob, hang in the hood, etc. So the best alternative for everyone is to re segregate because anything else would be genocide, which i am sure a lot of your comrades would love to occur.
1. I think you are mistaken. I (and none of my friends) were raised not to respect black people. I was taught to respect my elders. As I get older and grow wiser, I've learned to respect those who have earned my respect. I have many schoolmates who are Black and I have a high level respect for, but I can't help but think, in the back of my mind, that they may have been accepted to my college due to AA policy. I have no idea if they have been accepted because of their skin color or not, but it happens every single day and it's the black students who need the most help. Asians and Whites have to basically be perfect in order to get accepted into an ivy league school. For Hispanics, the bar is lowered. For Blacks, the bar is lowered even further. You can verify this through a quick "google" search, or I can post links if you prefer that method.

2. I say that White people are discriminated against because of the color of their skin because they are. It's mandated thanks to AA. The government is doing the discriminating. Do Blacks face more discrimination? Probably. Based on my dealings with most blue eyed devils, that is most definitely the case. Based on discussions with hispanics and Asians, it is MOST definitely the case. I feel bad for the Black folk who do not buy into the sick thug culture that White/Jewish media types funnel into your stereos and televisions. Thomas Sowell is one of my favorites writers. Walter Williams is one of my heroes, a true defender of liberty. Your culture is dying because of rap music/thug culture/great society social programs which ruined your families and my culture is getting ruined because of materialism/white guilt/great society programs which have ruined our families.

I try to speak the truth: what I see with my eyes and ears. My feelings regarding the average Black folk may be skewed, as I live in Philadelphia and have lived in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and North Charleston, SC. Every place I live, the black areas are violent and dangerous for a "white boy" to enter at night. Again, this is what I'm seeing with my eyes and hearing with my ears, not what is being fed to me through the boob tube. I wish all was well in our respective communities, but the reality tells a different story, and closing our eyes to these issues does nothing buy delay the inevitable. There needs to be a war against the thug, anti-scholastic culture that destroys a lot of Black areas. There needs to be a war against the entitlement culture and materialist culture that pervades the domain of the blue eyed devils. Until our culture's are repaired, America will continue its decline into "Slim Thugg", "Soulja' Boy", "Flo Rida", "Dancing With The Stars", "Survivor", and "American Idol", while the 2 party system (bought and paid for by corporate special interests) continues to erode our liberty and keep us on their dole, as they break us away from our families.

Declare war on the destruction/perversion of our culture, this opiate that broadcasts through radio waves and satellite dishes to numb us to what is really going on. That is how our communities can change.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
1. I think you are mistaken. I (and none of my friends) were raised not to respect black people. I was taught to respect my elders. As I get older and grow wiser, I've learned to respect those who have earned my respect. I have many schoolmates who are Black and I have a high level respect for, but I can't help but think, in the back of my mind, that they may have been accepted to my college due to AA policy. I have no idea if they have been accepted because of their skin color or not, but it happens every single day and it's the black students who need the most help. Asians and Whites have to basically be perfect in order to get accepted into an ivy league school. For Hispanics, the bar is lowered. For Blacks, the bar is lowered even further. You can verify this through a quick "google" search, or I can post links if you prefer that method.

2. I say that White people are discriminated against because of the color of their skin because they are. It's mandated thanks to AA. The government is doing the discriminating. Do Blacks face more discrimination? Probably. Based on my dealings with most blue eyed devils, that is most definitely the case. Based on discussions with hispanics and Asians, it is MOST definitely the case. I feel bad for the Black folk who do not buy into the sick thug culture that White/Jewish media types funnel into your stereos and televisions. Thomas Sowell is one of my favorites writers. Walter Williams is one of my heroes, a true defender of liberty. Your culture is dying because of rap music/thug culture/great society social programs which ruined your families and my culture is getting ruined because of materialism/white guilt/great society programs which have ruined our families.

I try to speak the truth: what I see with my eyes and ears. My feelings regarding the average Black folk may be skewed, as I live in Philadelphia and have lived in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and North Charleston, SC. Every place I live, the black areas are violent and dangerous for a "white boy" to enter at night. Again, this is what I'm seeing with my eyes and hearing with my ears, not what is being fed to me through the boob tube. I wish all was well in our respective communities, but the reality tells a different story, and closing our eyes to these issues does nothing buy delay the inevitable. There needs to be a war against the thug, anti-scholastic culture that destroys a lot of Black areas. There needs to be a war against the entitlement culture and materialist culture that pervades the domain of the blue eyed devils. Until our culture's are repaired, America will continue its decline into "Slim Thugg", "Soulja' Boy", "Flo Rida", "Dancing With The Stars", "Survivor", and "American Idol", while the 2 party system (bought and paid for by corporate special interests) continues to erode our liberty and keep us on their dole, as they break us away from our families.

Declare war on the destruction/perversion of our culture, this opiate that broadcasts through radio waves and satellite dishes to numb us to what is really going on. That is how our communities can change.
Whites might have to deal with the AA thing. Blacks have other things to deal with. Blacks are more likely to be discriminated against in the workforce when applying for jobs, even with qualifications being the same. I can't help but wonder if my father, who is Black, has been discriminated against because of his skin color. He is an engineer with a master's degree and alot of experience. He has been in situations where a White male with lesser education and experience has gotten the job before he did. He also has been in a position where someone else has been put on a project and my father wasn't, even with my father's skill and education level being equal or better. I've seen that.

Black and Hispanic neighborhoods are more likely to have issues with pollution and toxins. In Anniston,AL, Monsanto dumped its toxic wastes into a Black area. People got sick and alot of people died. Not saying this doesn't happen, but Black and Hispanic neighborhoods suffer from environmental discrimination. This is deadly too.

You got beat up for being "the White boy" in a Black neighborhood. I'm sorry if there were thugs who wanted to do that. On the other hand, maybe the problem is that you are in Philadelphia and Hampton Roads and North Charleston. Alot of poor areas. I am Black, and when I did move out to a rural White area, I ended up getting bullied and harassed. One kid even shot me with a paintball gun.

You state alot of things, but do you ever wonder where it came from? Why did Affirmative Action come about? Blacks and Hispanics were being discriminated against in the colleges and universities. Blacks and Hispanics could be turned away because of skin color.

Where did the anti-education, "thug culture", and self-destructiveness come from? How did it form?

I also have another question: What do YOU want? What are you seeking in all of this?

Old 03-12-2012, 12:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
What's with the whole contest about who faces the most discrimination?

White males face a lot of discrimination like i've got a billion dollars. It's a ridiculous assertion.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:17 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Whites might have to deal with the AA thing. Blacks have other things to deal with. Blacks are more likely to be discriminated against in the workforce when applying for jobs, even with qualifications being the same. I can't help but wonder if my father, who is Black, has been discriminated against because of his skin color. He is an engineer with a master's degree and alot of experience. He has been in situations where a White male with lesser education and experience has gotten the job before he did. He also has been in a position where someone else has been put on a project and my father wasn't, even with my father's skill and education level being equal or better. I've seen that.

Black and Hispanic neighborhoods are more likely to have issues with pollution and toxins. In Anniston,AL, Monsanto dumped its toxic wastes into a Black area. People got sick and alot of people died. Not saying this doesn't happen, but Black and Hispanic neighborhoods suffer from environmental discrimination. This is deadly too.

You got beat up for being "the White boy" in a Black neighborhood. I'm sorry if there were thugs who wanted to do that. On the other hand, maybe the problem is that you are in Philadelphia and Hampton Roads and North Charleston. Alot of poor areas. I am Black, and when I did move out to a rural White area, I ended up getting bullied and harassed. One kid even shot me with a paintball gun.

You state alot of things, but do you ever wonder where it came from? Why did Affirmative Action come about? Blacks and Hispanics were being discriminated against in the colleges and universities. Blacks and Hispanics could be turned away because of skin color.

Where did the anti-education, "thug culture", and self-destructiveness come from? How did it form?

I also have another question: What do YOU want? What are you seeking in all of this?
It came from the media, who decided to stop emphasizing artists like Diana Ross, the Four Tops, Al Green etc. and decided to put "Juvenile", "2Pac", and "Ice Cube" on the airwaves. The content of their art is a lot different from most Black art of the 60's, 70's and 80's. Al Green wasn't out to get Marvin Gaye because he dissed him in a song. Motown artists weren't killing each other. These White/Jewish owned media conglomerates are conditioning the masses through BET, MTV, even ABC. When there were MAJOR issues occurring in the Black world (Civil Rights era), there were people getting off their couch, inspired by acts like Sly and the Family Stone, Jefferson Airplane, Bob Dylan, the Black Panthers, and they created change by demonstrating and marching. I don't hear many acts these days (rap, rock, whatever) telling Black (or any other people) people to get up off their a$$ and fight what is going on in their communities. Black boys raised without a father is an atrocity. What movie/music is bringing light to this issue. I can guarantee it is not a black man behind the camera of the video "Hood Figga" and the many just like it brought to Black youth through BET and MTV. I can guarantee you it is not a black man sitting at a $5,000 chair at these record companies signing these acts to their labels.

Maybe I just prefer Jimi Hendrix to Lil' Wayne. Or maybe these corporations (who own our government) want people to stay dumb, to stay uneducated. Is that why they are infecting your children (and many White children as well) with misogynistic, thuggish Rap music?

I'm not even going to get into the garbage they flood into white homes (Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, etc.). Don't want anyone preaching to the little safe whitey's like Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, and Three Dog Night. Might wake these little spoiled brats up from their idealist slumber.

I will address your other points in detail later on, errands to run now. Just wanted to get your opinion on how our culture is shaping our children and how this correlates to the apathetic nature of a lot of kids these days. Marches on Washington are not a thing of the past, they are a tool used to promote change. Our generation has lost that spirit, as our government has provided us with distraction after distraction in order to misplace our frustrations. Look at what we are doing right now, arguing about "who faces the most discrimination?". Meanwhile, our mothers, fathers, grandparents, siblings, and friends continue to have their loved ones sacrificed in the tribal hell known as Afghanistan for what reason exactly? Why aren't we talking about that? Oh yeah, distractions such as Dem vs Rep, Black vs White, reality TV, sports, pop music, social media, etc. Let's all focus our energy on ending the wars, healing the family unit, damning the corporate interests that are driving small businesses and farmers out of work. Let's drop all of these stupid distractions meant to divide us. The middle class is disappearing and OWS (although poorly) raised some attention, but there must be an Occupy Washington movement to actually make some changes and save the middle class.

Last edited by tim6624; 03-12-2012 at 02:09 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
It came from the media, who decided to stop emphasizing artists like Diana Ross, the Four Tops, Al Green etc. and decided to put "Juvenile", "2Pac", and "Ice Cube" on the airwaves. The content of their art is a lot different from most Black art of the 60's, 70's and 80's. Al Green wasn't out to get Marvin Gaye because he dissed him in a song. Motown artists weren't killing each other. These White/Jewish owned media conglomerates are conditioning the masses through BET, MTV, even ABC. When there were MAJOR issues occurring in the Black world (Civil Rights era), there were people getting off their couch, inspired by acts like Sly and the Family Stone, Jefferson Airplane, Bob Dylan, the Black Panthers, and they created change by demonstrating and marching. I don't hear many acts these days (rap, rock, whatever) telling Black (or any other people) people to get up off their a$$ and fight what is going on in their communities. Black boys raised without a father is an atrocity. What movie/music is bringing light to this issue. I can guarantee it is not a black man behind the camera of the video "Hood Figga" and the many just like it brought to Black youth through BET and MTV. I can guarantee you it is not a black man sitting at a $5,000 chair at these record companies signing these acts to their labels.

Maybe I just prefer Jimi Hendrix to Lil' Wayne. Or maybe these corporations (who own our government) want people to stay dumb, to stay uneducated. Is that why they are infecting your children (and many White children as well) with misogynistic, thuggish Rap music?

I'm not even going to get into the garbage they flood into white homes (Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, etc.). Don't want anyone preaching to the little safe whitey's like Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, and Three Dog Night. Might wake these little spoiled brats up from their idealist slumber.

I will address your other points in detail later on, errands to run now. Just wanted to get your opinion on how our culture is shaping our children and how this correlates to the apathetic nature of a lot of kids these days. Marches on Washington are not a thing of the past, they are a tool used to promote change. Our generation has lost that spirit, as our government has provided us with distraction after distraction in order to misplace our frustrations. Look at what we are doing right now, arguing about "who faces the most discrimination?". Meanwhile, our mothers, fathers, grandparents, siblings, and friends continue to have their loved ones sacrificed in the tribal hell known as Afghanistan for what reason exactly? Why aren't we talking about that? Oh yeah, distractions such as Dem vs Rep, Black vs White, reality TV, sports, pop music, social media, etc. Let's all focus our energy on ending the wars, healing the family unit, damning the corporate interests that are driving small businesses and farmers out of work. Let's drop all of these stupid distractions meant to divide us. The middle class is disappearing and OWS (although poorly) raised some attention, but there must be an Occupy Washington movement to actually make some changes and save the middle class.
I ask because I don't listen to the rap music of today. My brother does, but I don't. My parents(both of them) would never have the music played in their home. I even rejected rap music in my teenage years. Some people were shocked by the idea that a Black kid like me was staying away from rap music.

To be honest, this is about money. Hip-hop and rap came out of the issues of poverty, discrimination and other problems. It started out being about community. When the love of money got involved, then the music became about being stupid, about money, sex, and killing people. The reason music about Black boys being raised without fathers, and other social issues isn't being made is because of MONEY. There is no money in making music about social issues or social consciousness. This is about money. Who buys the music Li'L Wayne, 50 Cents, Ludacris, and this other stuff? Why are people buying that crap?

To be honest, I am trying to stay away from today's culture. Whenever I hear Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, or Li'l Wayne, I wonder "why are you listening to that crap"? I don't know what kind of effect it is having, but all I know is that I wonder what will become of the kids of this generation. I know how I was raised. I listened to NPR as a teenager and was exposed to some interesting things. I have no idea about alot of the pop culture, other than the fact that I'm overexposed to it in passing. I go to Yahoo! and I see it. I go into the store and see a magazine about Kardashian or some other celebrity that I don't care about. It's everywhere, and yet I don't really pay much attention. All I know is that children are becoming more spoiled and I don't know what will happen in the coming years.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:50 PM

13 posts, read 8,423 times
You make a lot of assumptions for an individual that has never met me a day in your life. Typical! How do you know what type of manager i was? I was top in my region numerous times, and the few punks i had problems with, packed their shi* and hit the road.

Why do you assume that they were alpha males? Just because they were white? Isnt that being guilty of the same crap you accuse other people of? They were alpha males yet they had to answer to me? With some people there will always be double standards, this I accept whole heartily.

It is your opinion that segregation is stupid, as well as it is mine that it is not. I respectfully decline to carry on this conversation any longer because two "alpha" males can not be together peacefully..... lol....... i let you tell it...... Peace dude.....

People like you and people like me, dont and will not get along.... In the real world you stay in your corner and i will stay in mine.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:51 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
After reading the last few pages on here, I don't know what's worse, the white person (or people) on this forum who legitimize their own bigotry; or the blacks who actually entertain the very idea that they are considered "biologically inferior" with a series of arguments to those very same whites.

As a people, I have NO idea where our pride has gone. As far as I'm concerned, the whites who raise the very question aren't even worthy enough for me to acknowledge their existence.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
After reading the last few pages on here, I don't know what's worse, the white person (or people) on this forum who legitimize their own bigotry; or the blacks who actually entertain the very idea that they are considered "biologically inferior" with a series of arguments to those very same whites.

As a people, I have NO idea where our pride has gone. As far as I'm concerned, the whites who raise the very question aren't even worthy enough for me to acknowledge their existence.
Maybe it's because I haven't read this whole thread, but I didn't know there were any Blacks suggesting that they were "biologically inferior".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies