Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Why should I cut him some slack just cause he's blind? I'm blind and I don't think Black people are primitive. And it doesn't matter if he knows a particular person is Black or not. His blindness does not excuse his prejudice, especially given the fact he fights hard for blind people's rights (which is how we became friends in the first place--cause we share that belief), which just makes him hypocritical. He thinks Black people are more animal-like, barbaric, simple-minded, closer to monkeys. I don't know how else to put it. He said some other more colorful things in his comment, but I left out parts of his comment in the name of privacy (cause it included name-dropping).
I'm sorry, but I can't accept the comment you posted (that your friend thinks blacks have a "primitive outlook") as synonymous with "He thinks Black people are more animal-like, barbaric, simple-minded, closer to monkeys" (your words). Surely you realize the difference.

I mean, my understanding of mathematics is pretty primitive. It doesn't mean that I'm primitive. Except to a mathematician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 PM

13 posts, read 8,434 times
@itshim

I dont think that you read the thread and what has been said! I am proud of myself and accomplishments and sometimes you got to let somebody know that you are nothing to be Fuked over. You must of missed the part when the white dude ran down his resume, so i ran down mine... Just because you feel like you dont "have" to acknowledge somebody's presence doesn't mean that somebody else wont.

Who died and made you god?

And by no means am i poor, you might want to get your money up!!!!!!!!! (hence, my resume)

You ask where is the pride? Who the hell are you bro? Obviously you felt some attraction to come to a post labeled "straight white men face more discrimination"! why? To post bull(sh*T)?

At the end of the day i feel constructive conversations is the only way to learn about one another. At any point if that discussion turns disrespectful (which it did) it is time to cut it off (which I did).

There was not a post just about "door knobs", did you miss the ac, motor, spark plug, gas mask (and the rest of the half page of inventions)? The dude asked "what have blacks created", so i told him. I told him about my academic scholarships, because he stated that blacks only get into college because of affirmative action.

Why you so sensitive dude? Are you mad you didnt achieve or something? I have no problem bragging about mines!!!!!! I could also brag about a certain physical part of my body that i am sure your lady (if your not gay) would like ! Making the complete package!!
There is nothing about me that seeks approval from anyone (hence, my lack of humility and respect for you)

The reality is that some white people have never met successful educated black men. I was put here to introduce it to them,

what have you been put here for? To talk (sh*t)? The only one who feels like they might not be worthy, or seeks human approval might be you, hence you probably cant read or are too lazy to.

Do you see what disrespect begets? Disrespect! YOU PEON!!!!!!!!!!

The reason blacks cant move forward is because of "NIGGE(R)S" like you, that are quick to cut somebody's throat without even knowing the story (in this case, reading the story, which is right in front of your eyes, and is unbelievable that it could be missed, unless you cant read, or have selective reading)

Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayvee View Post
@itshim
I dont think that you read the thread and what has been said! I am proud of myself and accomplishments and sometimes you got to let somebody know that you are nothing to be Fuked over. You must of missed the part when the white dude ran down his resume, so i ran down mine... Just because you feel like you dont "have" to acknowledge somebody's presence doesn't mean that somebody else wont.

Who died and made you god?

And by no means am i poor, you might want to get your money up!!!!!!!!! (hence, my resume)

You ask where is the pride? Who the hell are you bro? Obviously you felt some attraction to come to a post labeled "straight white men face more discrimination"! why? To post bull(sh*T)?

At the end of the day i feel constructive conversations is the only way to learn about one another. At any point if that discussion turns disrespectful (which it did) it is time to cut it off (which I did).

There was not a post just about "door knobs", did you miss the ac, motor, spark plug, gas mask (and the rest of the half page of inventions)? The dude asked "what have blacks created", so i told him. I told him about my academic scholarships, because he stated that blacks only get into college because of affirmative action.

Why you so sensitive dude? Are you mad you didnt achieve or something? I have no problem bragging about mines!!!!!! I could also brag about a certain physical part of my body that i am sure your lady (if your not gay) would like ! Making the complete package!!
There is nothing about me that seeks approval from anyone (hence, my lack of humility and respect for you)

The reality is that some white people have never met successful educated black men. I was put here to introduce it to them,

what have you been put here for? To talk (sh*t)? The only one who feels like they might not be worthy, or seeks human approval might be you, hence you probably cant read or are too lazy to.

Do you see what disrespect begets? Disrespect! YOU PEON!!!!!!!!!!

The reason blacks cant move forward is because of "NIGGE(R)S" like you, that are quick to cut somebody's throat without even knowing the story (in this case, reading the story, which is right in front of your eyes, and is unbelievable that it could be missed, unless you cant read, or have selective reading)
Say what you want bro...I know what I saw.

And what I witnessed was someone down on his two knees nuzzling the left cheek of his face against some white kid's rosey red ass trying to convince him that he was human and worth his time. LOL.

The kid didn't even have a job and here you are, a grown man with Management skills, and scholarships explainin away why you were worth a nanosecond of his time and he broke you down NOT once but twice--calling you both an "outlier" and that he WAS NOT impressed with your accomplishments LOL

Oh goodness, i can't even hold it in lol.

Either way,.I don't care if my ancestors couldn't rub two sticks together, the simple idea that I would have to prove that I am as "human" as he is enough to not even acknowledge that he even exists in my world.

Last edited by itshim; 03-12-2012 at 09:57 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM

You dont even know me!! The only logical way you could come to a conclusion such as that is if you harbored those feelings. If that is all that you got from the conversation i had with him you are not even worth being looked down upon like the peon you are. .......... Such a disgrace

Black people might have a chance when select breeds such as yours die off!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:00 PM

See you prove your ignorance!! The gentleman is a grown man that served in the military!!! Nobody ever told you that it is better to look stupid than to express it and remove all doubt? Go back and read the posts **** boy.... I can see you are not going to amount to anything in life

Last edited by clayvee; 03-12-2012 at 10:15 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
God, that is sad. I just lost a friend today because he made the following comment:

"You know that any Blacks in the United States, especially the ones in your area (with the only exception being President Obama and other black politicians), have that primitive mindset."

I want to be able to be his friend but I just can't do it. If he thinks that Black people have a "primitive mindset", then he thinks my family and my friends have "primitive mindsets". I just can't do it. The ironic part is that this guy is blind and he probably met people that were Black, and enjoyed their company, but since they didn't fit his stereotype of Black people, he probably didn't even realize it.

I think I will quote that to every idiot who says that racism doesn't exist anymore cause we have a Black president.
Yeah it's a shame how such bigotry can willfully display such ignorance. I can understand a good political discussion and disagreement wrapped around race relations, but for some blacks to even entertain the question of their humanity just leaves me mind boggled.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,411,413 times
There is some discrimination against every demographic, including straight, white males, but they are not persecuted. It's not like us white guys are being thrown into concentration camps, being disallowed to enter certain public places, or being enslaved.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't accept the comment you posted (that your friend thinks blacks have a "primitive outlook") as synonymous with "He thinks Black people are more animal-like, barbaric, simple-minded, closer to monkeys" (your words). Surely you realize the difference.

I mean, my understanding of mathematics is pretty primitive. It doesn't mean that I'm primitive. Except to a mathematician.
There are parts of his comments I left out in the name of privacy. Based on the entire comment he made, it was quite clear that was his meaning, especially the part where he refers to Black people as n-----rs.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:58 PM

744 posts, read 812,097 times
Systematically, absolutely, White men are by far the most discriminated against.

However, I believe it would be harder to be a Black man because everyone assumes you are stupid and a criminal consciously or subconsciously which has to be hard to live with.

People in general are seriously afraid of black men, imagine you are working at a convenience store at 1 am and a Black man walks in, you get really scared, I know I would be and I'm not racist.

Also Black women are stereotyped as obnoxious and loud with delusions of grandeur IE "I'm a strong Black educated woman *snaps fingers across face and bobs head back and forth*"and generally are considered the least attractive group of women.

With that said, Black people enjoy great advantages particularly when it comes to higher education and public sector employment due to affirmative action.

Hispanics are stereotyped as either gang members or day laborers who get paid under the table and also women who have 32 anchor babies which all qualify for welfare benefits and also using emergency room as primary care. All while living 22 people to a 1 bedroom apartment and eating rice and beans all day while sending money out of the US to Mexico/south America VIA western union, these stereotypes are unfair to them because there are a few Hispanics who are decent people and are net contributors to the US.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:21 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Systematically, absolutely, White men are by far the most discriminated against.

However, I believe it would be harder to be a Black man because everyone assumes you are stupid and a criminal consciously or subconsciously which has to be hard to live with.

People in general are seriously afraid of black men, imagine you are working at a convenience store at 1 am and a Black man walks in, you get really scared, I know I would be and I'm not racist.

Also Black women are stereotyped as obnoxious and loud with delusions of grandeur IE "I'm a strong Black educated woman *snaps fingers across face and bobs head back and forth*"and generally are considered the least attractive group of women.

With that said, Black people enjoy great advantages particularly when it comes to higher education and public sector employment due to affirmative action.

Hispanics are stereotyped as either gang members or day laborers who get paid under the table and also women who have 32 anchor babies which all qualify for welfare benefits and also using emergency room as primary care. All while living 22 people to a 1 bedroom apartment and eating rice and beans all day while sending money out of the US to Mexico/south America VIA western union, these stereotypes are unfair to them because there are a few Hispanics who are decent people and are net contributors to the US.
Really? Well, affirmative action is one thing. The private sphere is another thing. Whites run the vast majority of private companies in the USA. Blacks are more likely to be discriminated in terms of home loaning, more discrimination in terms of the private jobs sector.

At least you know that it would be harder to be Black. I am Black and I do feel like I get discriminated in other ways. It isn't in the college entrance that I'm worried about. It happens when I go shopping and I have to wonder if someone is going to call the police on me because I look "suspicious" to them. At the end of the day, I end up asking "how does it help ME"? I've been asking that question for years now. What have I learned? Most people won't answer.

It is easy for someone to say "don't want to be stereotyped, don't act like a stereotype". I am here to say it isn't that simple. Often, it is the people who don't act like the stereotype who are the most concerned about being stereotyped. I can't speak for anyone else, but I worry because I am living in this society and in order for me to live in this society like everyone else, it is helpful NOT to be stereotyped. What good does it do for me if I'm out at night and because of my skin color, someone is scared of me?

Blacks might enjoy certain advantages in the public sector and in state colleges/universities, but not in the private sector. Blacks also get shafted in terms of private lending.

Black neighborhoods are also more likely to get polluted and have toxic waste being dumped into where people are living. There is such thing as environmental discrimination. Blacks living in such places suffer from higher rates of cancer, lead poisoning, asthma, and litany of other health problems. White neighborhoods are less likely to have to worry about that stuff.

I thought it was important to education some people about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies