Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:38 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

In his books "Nudge" and "On Rumors" Sunstein talks about conspiracy theories and how they must sometimes be controlled by government. He admits that some of them are proven true but not enough to allow that to go on and on. He has also written a paper while at Harvard, in 2008, in which he talked about how to destroy conspiracy theories and the theorists that advance them. Now think about what the White House is throwing around about the Tea Party movement and wonder if it is not a conspiracy theory. Sunstein says that the way to get at anti-government groups like this is to infiltrate their groups with government employed people to help spread their falsehoods. This man may well be the most fearful man in our government because of the power he has and the way he works.

Top Obama czar: Infiltrate all 'conspiracy theorists'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In his books "Nudge" and "On Rumors" Sunstein talks about conspiracy theories and how they must sometimes be controlled by government. He admits that some of them are proven true but not enough to allow that to go on and on. He has also written a paper while at Harvard, in 2008, in which he talked about how to destroy conspiracy theories and the theorists that advance them. Now think about what the White House is throwing around about the Tea Party movement and wonder if it is not a conspiracy theory. Sunstein says that the way to get at anti-government groups like this is to infiltrate their groups with government employed people to help spread their falsehoods. This man may well be the most fearful man in our government because of the power he has and the way he works.

For those who can't accept this story from WND here is one from HuffPo on the same topic.

Arthur Goldwag: Cass Sunstein's Thought Police

Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 AM

470 posts, read 462,195 times
How many government spies do you think are here on CD? I can think of a few off the top of my head.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:48 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
I repeat:

First they ignore you,
then they laugh at you,
then they fight you,
then you win.

We're past halfway there!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:19 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
How many government spies do you think are here on CD? I can think of a few off the top of my head.
There are so many of them, that many are actually arguing with each other.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:21 PM

470 posts, read 462,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
There are so many of them, that many are actually arguing with each other.
I agree, they are in complete disarray

Old 04-23-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
I can think of more like 5 and have intimated to a couple that I think they are disseminating propaganda. They come up with links too readily and fast for me.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I repeat:

First they ignore you,
then they laugh at you,
then they fight you,
then you win.

We're past halfway there!
But can we make it the rest of the way with THEIR control of the powers that could take us down. Sunstein talks about nudging people to where you want them to be and it seems to me that he is doing it right along. When they declared war on Fox, Beck, and Limbaugh last fall it appeared to me that they weren't at all worried about being seen as taking away freedom of speech for all.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:39 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Cass Sustein is strange joke of a man.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 PM

948 posts, read 894,595 times
These unlawful "czars" in particular this dangerous clown should be one of the items on the agenda of the Tea Party.

We can't get rid of these people soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies