Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:07 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,523 times

Advertisements

This thread is quite sad. What do you want people to tell you? That you're the only intelligent person in this community that we've never been to?

Sorry, you're not special. In fact, your posts so far have been extremely ignorant and naive. I went from a poor black community to an Ivy League university and I'm not nearly as arrogant as you seem to be with regard to the people in the Hood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 05:27 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
This thread is quite sad. What do you want people to tell you? That you're the only intelligent person in this community that we've never been to?

Sorry, you're not special. In fact, your posts so far have been extremely ignorant and naive. I went from a poor black community to an Ivy League university and I'm not nearly as arrogant as you seem to be with regard to the people in the Hood.
Instead of making comments about me, why don't you make comments about your own observations in the hood??

The fact that your so 'A' typical already puts me light years ahead of you...I should not of had to tell you that...

What are your own observations of the hood?
And why do you think the hood lacks diversity?

Why are people in the hood so Homoginious?, the same?

How come all cell phones owned by people in the hood always have the same tired predictable R&B or rap ring tones?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Instead of making comments about me, why don't you make comments about your own observations in the hood??

The fact that your so 'A' typical already puts me light years ahead of you...I should not of had to tell you that...

What are your own observations of the hood?
And why do you think the hood lacks diversity?

Why are people in the hood so Homoginious?, the same?

How come all cell phones owned by people in the hood always have the same tired predictable R&B or rap ring tones?
Your second sentence makes no sense.

I've already made numerous posts explaining why the hood lacks diversity, all of which you have ignored or brushed off. Also, it is "homogeneous".

Old 04-20-2010, 05:33 PM

I just want to point out that your only explanation to your own question is basically "because they're stupid".

Does that seem like an intelligent, well-thought out formulation to you?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Am I black?

I am a unique induvisual soul...the term 'black' is very generic to me...like calling a Eagle a 'bird'...or calling a Porche a 'car'....

Corrections: individual; an eagle; Porsche

I'm me...and I have my own unique experiences in life that have made me me...that are seperate from anyone else...just as with youself...

Corrections: separate; yourself

But if it makes you feel better to define me in terms of color...than follow your human instinct...I understand...but as far as I'm concerned I'm 'Starlite'....

Correction: then

Anyways...no, I don't really feel safe in the 'hood'...not unless I conform and hide who I really am or want to be...
People in the hood have a very low tolerance for that which is different.
Conformity is key in the hood...expecially amongst younger males...

Correction: Anyway; especially; younger men (I wish that certain types of people would stop referring to other humans as "males" or "females" as one would refer to animals)

It bugs me that people walk around so 'blind'...so close minded...so unwilling to grow beyond the enviornment they find themselves in...

Corrections: closed minded; environment

I mean I'm sure other communities do that to..but right now I'm dealing with where I'm at...

Correction: (a better way to phrase this sentence) I am sure that other communities are dealing with similar issues, but this is where I am currently located.

I did not grow up in the 'hood'...not even close...when I was younger I thought I'd would like it...but now I really don't...certain aspects I like...but other aspects I can't stand...at least the southern hood...

Not sure how the hood is in Boston or Minnisota or Texas or Tuscon...

Correction: Minnesota

Old 04-20-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
B-b-but I'm not like all those stupid people in the hood that all listen to the same music! I'm a special, unique flower! I'm the only one who really gets it! They're all stupid! Why are they stupid? Well.....you know...because! Because they're dumb!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:45 PM

If I called your phone right now...what ring tone would people standing near by hear??

Old 04-20-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
If I called your phone right now...what ring tone would people standing near by hear??
They would hear the default ringing that comes with my phone because I don't give a sh*t about ringtones. Why do you care so much about ringtones and music? Listen to what you want, ignore people who give you flak about it. Seriously, grow up.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Obviously you feel like this thread title is about 'you'....
Why is that?
Do you lack diversity in your life?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
If this question is directed at me, you would hear a standard chime ringtone that came with the phone. I do not believe in wasting money on something as trivial as a downloaded music ringtone.

Et tu?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies