Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:00 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Just because he belongs to CAIR who has proven to have ties to terrror groups is no reason to object ?

What if he was with the KKK or other white radical group who has not made near the threats on society as islam has ?

Instead of hiring him they should be investigating him . Whats next maybe a mad dog shooting like Ft.Hood ? Anyone involved in groups associated with terrorism should be watched .
Let's think about this. How many terrorist acts against Americans have the KKK or other white radical groups committed? Tens of thousands killed, thousands of incidents.

How many terrorist acts against Americans have Muslims committed? Thousands killed in one major act, a few other incidents within the past few years, otherwise the impact has been negligible.

I'd say that throughout our history, the white supremacists have killed more Americans than the Islamists. Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 07:06 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcegala View Post
Actually, I don't think people's objections to his appointment have as much to do with the fact that he's muslim, as it has to do with the fact that he was the Chairman of CAIR - an organization believed (or known) to have terrorist ties. Some would even go so far as to say that CAIR is a front for terrorist activity.
And some would, likewise, go so far as to say that one is innocent until proven guilty in the United States of America.

Interesting twist- this "potentially dangerous Muslim man" defended the same councilman's right to his Christian faith back in March. http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog...yarborough-and

Who is, truly, the most dangerous man in Jax? The Muslim Fulbright Scholar or the Christian Councilman?

Old 04-21-2010, 09:04 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I have never seen other faiths except Islam hated. Sure Christians do not think that Sikhism or Hinduism is the right way but they don't really hate Hinduism and other faiths. But Islam---even I as an atheist hate that religion.

We need to watch out for it. I know we usually agree on issues but this is one where we disagree. We need to keep an eye on the Islamic population in the USA in my honest opinion.
We do need to watch out for the Muslim leaders and the extremists, and they should be monitored by intel like any other threats, but sadly your average joe Muslim has been caught up in grand-scale hatred. Of the 1.5 billion practicing Muslims around the world, most just go about their daily lives. They are not dangerous, and yet they face way more prejudice than a Sikh or Hindu person.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:44 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
It occurred to me tonight that we have a sleeper cell in Jacksonville and it is the First Baptist Church.

It is the church that Yarborough belongs to and the same church that my former employer belongs to. The one who allowed an at-risk gay teen to be told that he was possessed by satan and allowed staff to tell teens that evolution was not true and that Muslims do not believe in God.

I have a way of putting bad experiences out of my mind, but was reminded of the following work situation while discussing Dr. Ahmed's appointment with my family tonight.

//www.city-data.com/forum/other...interview.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies