Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 03:06 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Yes or no? Prominent Tea Party speaker doesn't think so. Thoughts?

Tom Tancredo To Tea Party Rally: "Send Obama Back To Kenya"
Addressing Tea Partiers in Greenville, South Carolina, Tancredo pumped up the crowd by saying "If his wife says Kenya is his homeland, why don't we just send him back?"

Racist, probably not... Rude and petty, yes.

Why are comments like "for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country" not concerning? If any other first lady had said some of the inflammatory things, Michelle has said, people would be all over it. The Obama's seem to get a pass no matter what they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 03:25 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
if you don't like America, leave...how can any one be offend by such an idea..

Old 08-18-2013, 04:50 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that if you say that to one of those folks who Wrap themselves in the flag, carry a rifle and call themselves "Patriots", they would be greatly offended and at the very least, take out a dog eared copy of the Constitution and tell you what it means.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:57 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Yes or no? Prominent Tea Party speaker doesn't think so. Thoughts?

Tom Tancredo To Tea Party Rally: "Send Obama Back To Kenya"
Depends. Is the comment made because of the skin color of the recipient, or because the speaker is stupid enough to actually think President Obama was born in Kenya? In other words, don't assume bigotry when idiocy will provide ample explanation.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:59 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Is it racist to tell an Irish man to go back to Ireland? Or how about telling a German to go back to Germany
I would say , Pay my air fare... I would like a vacation.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that if you say that to one of those folks who Wrap themselves in the flag, carry a rifle and call themselves "Patriots", they would be greatly offended and at the very least, take out a dog eared copy of the Constitution and tell you what it means.
Your example is flawed. For one, it would be a contradiction because those flag wrapping, gun toting; constitution loving "Patriots" are the epitome of loving one's country.

Of course they'd be offended, because they DO NOT HATE America.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Depends. Is the comment made because of the skin color of the recipient, or because the speaker is stupid enough to actually think President Obama was born in Kenya? In other words, don't assume bigotry when idiocy will provide ample explanation.
It has been made clear that it was based on neither. It was based on what Michelle Obama said, not the color of their skin, or if the BC is real.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jadex
Is it racist to tell an Irish man to go back to Ireland? Or how about telling a German to go back to Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I would say , Pay my air fare... I would like a vacation.
I'd take the deal as well... but I wouldn't know where to go. Italian, French, Mexican, Slavic, African, and probably a few others in my blood. I'm a frikkin mutt!

Old 08-18-2013, 06:39 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Obama was raised many of his years in Indonesia, a muslim country. He was raised by well off white grandparents because he had a dead beat dad. He went to schools many whites can only dream of going to. About the only thing he has in common with black americans is his skin color.

What makes anyone think he knows what it is truly like, or why does anyone think he can empathize when all he is a spoiled white boy uhm black boy who had more than most of us.
Quite unlike the last three GOP Presidential candidates who were saddled with fathers who were, IIRC, a President, an Admiral and a multi-millionaire. Watching how they overcame these handicaps should be an inspiration to us all.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:57 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by Jadex

I'd take the deal as well... but I wouldn't know where to go. Italian, French, Mexican, Slavic, African, and probably a few others in my blood. I'm a frikkin mutt!

Steven, we here in the P&OC therapy group are so proud of you for finally facing up to the fact that you're just a simple mutt, as you say. Understand that even mutts have value in today's society and you too can be productive. Acknowledging your condition to the group is the first step to recovery.

Thank you for sharing. Next meeting of the group is next Sunday at 4PM EST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies