Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:40 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times

Advertisements

I don't blame blacks for hating their past in America . If I were told a lie about one group of people being responsible for all my problems who pt me in bondage and worked me as a slave I'd be mad too !

But besides the fact not one of you were ever slaves, there is another reason you should stop complaining .Unless you want to start in the middle east with the arab slavers, then move on to your own people you so often relate to when calling yourself " African Americans " . Heres some info...Arrican black slave masters sold you to Europe and America .

Now lets unite and save ourselves together with the only ones who although did do the same thing yall did but we also abolished it, not the arab, not the African but the mean old white man and YOUR great nation of America .

I know all this was hidden in the Roots movies and lies by them and other agenda movies by Alex but the truth is out there and lets find before we are all slaves 'again'. Yes whites were also slaves of the Egyptians just a little farther back than you .

Don't let them divide us ,united we stand divided we fall and they know this ! The enemy is at our door . We are being invaded by foreigners who will destoy us with numbers .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 03:10 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
your bias shows in your posts. you obviously can't speak for anyone other than yourself. you insult people by assuming they don't know history. then belittle the experience by saying other people were oppressed. then want us all to unite? you need more reference than a book turned tv mini series and the bible to connect the dots.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:29 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I don't blame blacks for hating their past in America . If I were told a lie about one group of people being responsible for all my problems who pt me in bondage and worked me as a slave I'd be mad too !
Nice try, but no cigar.

The history of the involvement of African elites in aiding and abetting the slave trade is no secret, but that complicity does little to undermine the participation and institutionalization of the American's peculiar institution or the pseudo-science crafted to defend it.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
your bias shows in your posts. you obviously can't speak for anyone other than yourself. you insult people by assuming they don't know history. then belittle the experience by saying other people were oppressed. then want us all to unite? you need more reference than a book turned tv mini series and the bible to connect the dots.

It's not bias ,it's frustration . I didn't write history or invent any of it ,like some are doing .

I just vent here because once something happens there may not be any turning back . Some say bring it on, well thats because they have not seen what nationwide riots and civil wars do to people .

Old 04-20-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Nice try, but no cigar.

The history of the involvement of African elites in aiding and abetting the slave trade is no secret, but that complicity does little to undermine the participation and institutionalization of the American's peculiar institution or the pseudo-science crafted to defend it.
It is a huge SECRET to most . Why does it bother you so much, truth can be painful but it can also be healing .

Divide the blame instead of the nation . Stop listening to rich blacks and white who live in luxuary while they turn us aginst each other .

Old 04-20-2010, 03:48 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
It is a huge SECRET to most.
Who is this most?

Quote:
Why does it bother you so much, truth can be painful but it can also be healing .
Doesn't bother me in the least.

As for healing, perhaps if folks such as yourself weren't so desperate to shift blame instead of accepting the fact that even if every lick of blame for the slave trade were actually placed on another, the fact would still remain that the most pernicious forms of racism and discrimination that found their origins in the American version of the slave trade, sits solely on the shoulders of white America.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:26 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Who is this most?

As for healing, perhaps if folks such as yourself weren't so desperate to shift blame instead of accepting the fact that even if every lick of blame for the slave trade were actually placed on another, the fact would still remain that the most pernicious forms of racism and discrimination that found their origins in the American version of the slave trade, sits solely on the shoulders of white America.

Riddle me this OP...if the British Empire outlawed slavery in 1807, and the Dread Scott decision took place in 1857...that's 50 years, that the United States continued slavery. Do you think we did it just b/c we wanted to be different? Or on your incorrect bent that the 50 years between decisions or even the 6 years between Scott and the Emancipation Proclamation were just "warm-up" for your benevolence and *cough*, *cough* "good deeds"?

I think you're (OP) just trying to shift blame and make yourself feel better, by attempting to make someone else try to feel worse. Too bad most here see it for what it is.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:46 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
Who is this most?

Not on this white Americans shoulders. My family never had slaves so I have no burden of guilt on me whatsoever.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Who is this most?

Boo Hoo ! Thats a lie, but if it helps you to hate whites, and be racist , go for it !

Old 04-20-2010, 04:54 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:

But besides the fact not one of you were ever slaves, there is another reason you should stop complaining .Unless you want to start in the middle east with the arab slavers, then move on to your own people you so often relate to when calling yourself " African Americans " . Heres some info...Arrican black slave masters sold you to Europe and America .

Now lets unite and save ourselves together with the only ones who although did do the same thing yall did but we also abolished it, not the arab, not the African but the mean old white man and YOUR great nation of America .

I know all this was hidden in the Roots movies and lies by them and other agenda movies by Alex but the truth is out there and lets find before we are all slaves 'again'. Yes whites were also slaves of the Egyptians just a little farther back than you .

Don't let them divide us ,united we stand divided we fall and they know this ! The enemy is at our door . We are being invaded by foreigners who will destoy us with numbers .

What is this, a veiled attempt to take a swipe at illegal immigration of Mexican workers?

I don't know many black people who blame anyone for slavery. Honestly, I don't know a single black person who ever thinks about slavery. Its past history, no one today owned a slave, no one today was a slave, thats it, leave it alone.

Do you think that people of African decent are banning with Mexican illegal immigrants, in a plot to take over the country or something?

Seriously, if you have a point to make, just make it, without the dog and pony show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies