Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:28 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Are you high? Are my got-damn tax dollars paying for an out-of-work bum like you to sit around all day and get high???????????????? WTF??????????????
no I'm not high stupid. and your gotdamn tax dollars are not paying for me either.i am self employed so i dont even qualify for unemployment.i make my own way dont need no king or master
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 11:34 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,328,741 times
What something are you refering to with the 8% quote? Was it something that concerned 1/6 of our entire economy or just something attempting to influance public policy? What polls and poll numbers are you coming up with all your statistics from? Liberals through the mainstream media for years have attempted to influance public policy by supporting their own agenda. By slanting news coverage to support their idealogy, they've managed to sway public opinion. Should'nt Fox news be allowed to do the same to bring some real objectivity to the news.
I'm not going to defend FOX's News standards because they don't need defending. Is FOX News 'objective"? By the standards of a professional scientist conducting research in a bubble suit and hermetically-sealed clean room, no.But by the standards of contemporary journalism--i.e., the new york times, cbs, and msnbc-- absolutely. In reality, FOX easily exceeds those standards everyday.Think about this for a second. The White House-- residence of the most powerful government in the world, home of the "nuclear football", guarantor of freedom around the world---launched an official attack website targeting a private news organization. In America. Rumors that the Obama Administration's FOX Lies website was designed by Hugo Chavez can not be confirmed.
Why do liberals detest FOX News with such a burning passion? Why does Fox News loom so large in the liberal imagination?Why do they see it as a fire- breathing monster with frightening powers aimed at destroying the Democratic Party? Especially when you consider that there are 300 million people living in this country and on any given night only about 2 million are watching Fox News, would any rational person think Fox news is the evil empire.How can a news operation possibly be " fair and balanced" when it has the gall to present both sides of the arguement.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:23 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,139,204 times
A good test is to watch fox news for 2 days and make a note every time they spin a report, When that number shows about 99.9% you will see the point.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
But its the people like you that DO get sick someday and the rest of us productive people in society have to flip the bill for! If 1/2 you fools really believed what you say then let's make it a true libertarian paradise and let you people die when you get sick rather than get treatment! Of course you'll agree with that until you actually get sick.
Irony ...

Productive people supporting legislation that encourages counter productivity ..

It boggles the mind ..

Old 04-21-2010, 05:25 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
i dont know what the heck you are talking about. i just wanna be left alone and keep the little money i make for vittles and fixens, not to pay for your health ins
Going to do your own surgery are you? Let me know how that turns out

Old 04-21-2010, 05:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Back to the original topic

Fox news and the right wing radio talk shows are all part of a coordinated propoganda campaign designed to destroy the Democratic party and any old fashioned conservatives. This propoganda camapign is financed by selling advertizing in line with the "message".

Old 04-21-2010, 05:47 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
So Fox News/Talk Radio rails on Obama that he's against the American people because he passes healthcare and they use polls showing that 47% of America is against so he's saying to hell with the American public and forcing this on them. Yet when Bush was prez there would be poll numbers showing like 8% of the American public supporting something he was doing and they would talk about how courageous it was and he was just making the tough decisions a president has to make....Why is this??????????/
Examples of 8% of the American public not supporting what Bush was doing followed by talk about how courageous it was?

Old 04-21-2010, 05:51 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times
Quote:
You said now you 'get to pay a fine'...So in the context of what you wrote you indicate you do not have health insurance...I'm telling you go get another job. Like the Republicans say, you are in such a crappy position in life to not have health insurance because of the decisions you have made. So get off of your lazy arse and get a real job so the rest of us don't have to support your lazy rear when you get sick.
Ignorance is bliss. You assume a lot and we all know hat happens when we assume. Do you realize that some people pay for their health care with real money? I have done it several times rather that pay $1500 a month in premiums. If you would use the brain God gave you you would realize that the insurance industry is why health care is such a problem. Catastrophic health insurance would be all a person would need when they are young and healthy. The rest could come out of pocket and you would actually save money. Many self-employed people, you know what that is I hope, don't have group insurance are very healthy and would rather pay for health care with their profits that pay month after month of premeiums when they don't need to go to the doctor for every sniffle.

This is a prime example of the problem with Americans, they don't think anymore, they are brainwashed, little drones walking through life without a clue just doing as they are told without a thought that it might be wrong. Too many people have become a part of the problem instead of being a part of the solution, exactly what DC wants.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Well isn't the Republican motto tough sh*t? If you don't like it start your own health insurance company...Get a better job so you don't have to pay a fine...What are you going to do sit around like a worthless do nothing and wait for the gov't to control your life??????????

GRRRRRREAT post........( but"they" won't get it)

Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
A good test is to watch fox news for 2 days and make a note every time they spin a report, When that number shows about 99.9% you will see the point.
I am sure that you have done that many more than once. In fact, it sounds to me like you are eating out of Rahm's hand and spewing his crap. Could you be an avid fan of MSNBC or Kos? Probably, from the sound of that post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies