Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times

Advertisements

I couldn't get through the link. But if that's really true, she either needs to get her tubes tied or close her legs for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 02:12 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Unemployed Mother of 15 - 'Somebody Owes me.'

She's right, I do owe her...a swift kick in the a$$!

Old 12-06-2011, 02:14 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
But you want him to pay back welfare...how's that gonna work?

By not giving it to him in the first place.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:36 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
That's the problem with these programs, they were meant to be a bridge to a better life, but they have become a way of life for many and after generations of families on welfare, they think this is the way it is supposed to be. Children learning from their parents.
If they do end up passing a law to have mandatory drug testing to receive welfare, then about 90% of those receiving it.. will be receiving it no more....

And what is the average in years that the long term have been receiving the gravy train?

Where does the free ride stop?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
I am tired of this nonesense. Too many children out there, to parents that should not be parents in anyway.

If you know you will not be able to take care of children the right way, do yourself a favor and use protection please.

Too many People out there with the mentality that somebody owes me. It gets sickening, and quite tiresome. No unemployed Mother needs to have fifteen children.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:25 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Though the job market is not as good as it once was, I don't believe that no one will hire someone. Also there are many agencies that work with the older population in order to help them get jobs. Also there are regular temp agencies that can match people with temporary positions. I personally have worked temp jobs for years. It is a good way to learn about many different businesses and get paid a decent wage. Most staffing agencies even offer benefits.

This works for those who have skills, but not for those without skills. Even temp agencies have little use for the unskilled, especially when they are older and there are so many younger applicants available.

I've been to temp agencies, filled out the paperwork. Out of the hundreds of job tasks on the form, there are maybe a half dozen for which I'm experienced and qualified. Oh, and I don't have a car, which REALLY limits the offerings from temp agencies even if they wanted to send me out on a job.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
By not giving it to him in the first place.

How's that gonna work? A person has to pass an employability test before they can receive welfare? Unskilled Need Not Apply?

Old 12-06-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Unskilled does not mean incapable. If a person with Down's Syndrome can bag groceries or put items in a box, someone without this sort of disability should be able to do it as well. They are also more able to move out of these sorts of jobs since they are not limited by mental retardation or developmental disabilities.

But in the real world, unskilled workers ARE limited by age and health. As in, employers don't have any good reason to hire older unskilled workers in times of high unemployment when there are so many younger workers available.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,084,715 times
Quote:
I don't want to be un-PC but since this is the political room.... um....mentally retarded people get unskilled jobs.

My mom was a teenage mom, high school drop out and went and got a job as an aid in a nursing home cleaning up old folk poop. She was unskilled. She didn't like that job so took advantage of the training her job provided and became a CNA. She made more money. She continually looked for better employment. She eventually landed a job in a factory (still had no high school diploma!) and made $12 an hour which is great money in the city I'm from. We lived very well. She stayed at that job over 10 years. While she was there she went back to school and got a GED and a degree in Early Childhood Education and subsequently opened up her own daycare center.

Unskilled does not mean incapable. If a person with Down's Syndrome can bag groceries or put items in a box, someone without this sort of disability should be able to do it as well. They are also more able to move out of these sorts of jobs since they are not limited by mental retardation or developmental disabilities.
Kudos to your mom for setting a great example for her children of how to persevere and overcome adversity.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 PM

162 posts, read 886,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrr View Post
You can't make this up.

An unemployed mother of 15, probably never worked a day in her life, says 'somebody owes me.'

With the crime, drugs, poverty, etc and the culture of glorifying unemployment, gangs, drug dealers, not taking responsibility, etc I can't imagine things will ever change.

Some of the choice quotes:

Mother, 12 children leave motel for new home
I think her va-jay-jay was a revolving door. Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies