Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

I know who originated them and what their purpose was but wonder if anyone else here knows. One could learn so much about things like this if they just took the time and energy to watch Glenn Beck expose progressive after progressive. He did a great job of it today.

Now back to those 4 minutemen. Who were they and who did they work for. I had forgotten them until Beck talked about them today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 10:04 PM

3,575 posts, read 3,075,384 times
Ooops, wrong Minutemen:

Minutemen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-22-2010 at 12:07 PM..

Old 04-21-2010, 10:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I know who originated them and what their purpose was but wonder if anyone else here knows. One could learn so much about things like this if they just took the time and energy to watch Glenn Beck expose progressive after progressive.
I'm currently watching yesterdays show, where MLK's niece is telling Beck that he has an obligation to continue to speak out. That hatemonger!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:18 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Here comes our daily Glenn Beck advertising.

All it takes is 4 minutes to realize how to stupid Beck is.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Note how the liberals cant enter into a discussion, and can only show their hate and intolerance..

Old 04-21-2010, 10:26 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,516,756 times
I'll bite

Lincoln Minute Men Historical Information - Original Minute Men

or maybe

http://www.ushistory.org/people/minutemen.htm

Old 04-22-2010, 12:02 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
I know who originated them and what their purpose was but wonder if anyone else here knows. One could learn so much about things like this if they just took the time and energy to watch Glenn Beck expose progressive after progressive. He did a great job of it today.

Now back to those 4 minutemen. Who were they and who did they work for. I had forgotten them until Beck talked about them today.
Huh?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:06 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Note how the liberals cant enter into a discussion, and can only show their hate and intolerance..
You mean the sane people? Sanity doesn't discriminate along political lines, but it certainly passed over the head of the OP.

The minutemen...progressives...Glenn Beck...LMAO!

Let's play the six degrees of Kevin Bacon, instead. Much more fun...and sane.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:06 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,258 times
Quote:

Is this OP a Trojan horse Glenn Beck advertisement?

Did I just get Glenn-rolled?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 AM

15,145 posts, read 14,327,477 times
75,000 voices carrying a single message. An organization who played an important part in unifying the people behind the Governments war effort.The men could reach an audience almost as large as that claimed by our modern network broadcasts. More than that, although, 75,000 voices were used they carried but a single message.
I am a four-minute man
I am the mouthpiece for democracy
I make men Think
I weld the most potent power of human endeavor- the spoken word
The blind do not read-the ignorant cannot read-the dullard will not read all men must harken my message
My appealis universal- elemental- primitive
Today, My appeal is more compelling-more potant- more universal than ever
I am a stoker for the great melting pot. In four minutes i breathe the flame of true American Patriotism to people of all kinds and creeds
I am a teacher I set forth in 240 seconds, lessons in loyalty, duty, thrift, conservation, co-operation
I am a preacher. U sing text that all men are equal, I invoke loyalty patriotism devotion
I am a doctor I give four minute treatments for disloyalty un- Americanism,selfishness laziness I eradicate listlessness and instill pep and enthusiasm
I am a lawyer Before a jury of all races and creeds I indict old world standards of caste, class distiction privileges and false pride
I am an optimist I have faith in the triumph of truth and right over might and brute force
I am a lover I love the stars and stripes I love to think this nation under god is having a new birth of freedom and that government of the people by the people and for the people shall not perish from the earth.
I pretty much just covered the highlights of this composition which was composed by Fred a Wirth, One of the four minute men from chicago in 1919.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies