Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 09:50 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times

Advertisements

Do you people realize that it's not against the law to be a communist? Do you understand that our Constitution PROTECTS that choice? Do you think that people should have their careers and lives destroyed because of their political idealogy? How ironic that you would complain about communists and then steal a play right out of uncle Joe's book and write their names in red in your ledgers, and then persecute them.

I am no communist but they have a right to freedom of expression too. We see who really are the totalitarians here. All too clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hero?

A meatball sub is more an American hero than that lying drunk SOB will ever be
well at least we know where each other stands....

So was FDR an American Hero?

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
.... freaking Soviet COMMUNISTS. who lived in America and wanted RUSSIA to win the cold war....

Go Joe!
Freaking Americans who don't share your point of view. And why should they? The Constitution gave ALL Americans the freedom to think as they liked, and to express their thoughts. Evidently, you, like Joe, aren't a big fan of the Constitution of the United States.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
.... freaking Soviet COMMUNISTS. who lived in America and wanted RUSSIA to win the cold war....

Go Joe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The people he attacked wanted to enslave us with communism. I don't exactly like everything he did but after the USSR fell everything he said was proven.

The great irony here is the drunk Senator from Wisconsin embraced the strategy of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin: A lie told often enough becomes truth.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:52 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Civil War not 1950's.
It was not the official motto until 1956. And what was going on in the US in the 50s? Uh huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Do you people realize that it's not against the law to be a communist? Do you understand that our Constitution PROTECTS that choice? Do you think that people should have their careers and lives destroyed because of their political idealogy? How ironic that you would complain about communists and then steal a play right out of uncle Joe's book and write their names in red in your ledgers, and then persecute them.

I am no communist but they have a right to freedom of expression too. We see who really are the totalitarians here. All too clearly.
It depends on what you are calling a communist.

I have a hard time finding a way for a person to both value freedom and liberty and be a communist.

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:

I don't care if someone is a communist. I do care when they infiltrate our government with the purpose of enslaving us. I also care when they spy for enemies. Which is what was happening.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
So - you must support legislation that lowers taxes for corporations that outsource, and legislation that continually increases the number of H1-B visas?

Because - I expect the federal gov't to do the exact opposite in order to help me.
Actually, I am in favor of dropping federal taxes on corporations. Do you really think a corporation pays taxes? They just pass their tax burden along to the customer as higher prices.

Working in the IT industry, I am directly impacted by outsourcing. In fact, I've trained my replacement at a previous job. It is slowly turning around. A lot of companies advertise they have on-shore help desks. They are finding that large projects are difficult to manage when most of the people are on the other side of the world. Skilled analysts are difficult to find now because Indian worker bees took all of the entry level jobs.

Out of your examples, the only thing that the government should be involved in is the H1-B visas since it is immigration. Let the market decide about companies who outsource.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
It was not the official motto until 1956. And what was going on in the US in the 50s? Uh huh.

It was on our coins well before the 50's.

It wasn't about McCarthy either but about moral superiority over the atheist communists.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:

The cold war and the soviets were winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies