Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:59 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,958,778 times

Advertisements

Since the "War On Drugs" has been an expensive, dismal failure, yes, legalize ALL the junk! I don't care if it is natural, processed, or synthetic; new or old; deadly or just mildly annoying. I am tired of the cost in lives and dollars that fighting the garbage is costing.
DUI laws are already in force, and they will have to be strictly enforced.
If the mental defectives want to put this trash in their bodies, let them. Tax it heavily, and take the profit motive away from the criminals.
Since it is impossible to stop the insanity, it is time to make it legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 07:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,643,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think you're totally off base. The effects of drugs are so varied that to lump them all together makes no sense at all.
Hardly off base. The pro-drug side always compares hard drugs with alcohol, cigarettes, chocolate and coffee. The pro-drug side will compare people who have a glass of wine in the evening, a cup of coffee in the morning with hard core drug addicts injecting any sort of drug into their veins.

If it's someone's right to smoke pot all day then how is it not their right to use meth, heroine, lsd, date rape drugs and whatever else?

Old 04-22-2010, 07:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,729,486 times
OP - AFAIAC all currently illicite drugs should be available to any adult and sold over the counter in state operated, like New Hampshire hard liquor stores, retail facilities. Only thing required would be a proof of age ID.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,643,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Since the "War On Drugs" has been an expensive, dismal failure, yes, legalize ALL the junk! I don't care if it is natural, processed, or synthetic; new or old; deadly or just mildly annoying. I am tired of the cost in lives and dollars that fighting the garbage is costing.
DUI laws are already in force, and they will have to be strictly enforced.
If the mental defectives want to put this trash in their bodies, let them. Tax it heavily, and take the profit motive away from the criminals.
Since it is impossible to stop the insanity, it is time to make it legal.
I don't see the failure. Crime rates in the USA, especially homicides are down considerably from what they once were. But look at Mexico where all drugs are legal to use - and things are really going to hell there.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:05 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,268,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Marijuana is made by god. It was not manipulated by man, to be a drug.

Ignorance of a earth grown plant, has made it illegal.
Poison mushrooms were made by God too, but I see your point as well.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,412,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't see the failure. Crime rates in the USA, especially homicides are down considerably from what they once were. But look at Mexico where all drugs are legal to use - and things are really going to hell there.
i beg to differ...please show me any stat or link that shows how successfull our "War on Drugs" has been in the past 20 years...

Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,460,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
If you did and taxed it,there might never be a budget deficit.
only if you 'could' regulate the tax

the true answer to taxing ANY illegal thing (to include legal, and illegal people working 'off-the-books') is to get rid of the 'income' tax and bring the "fair-tax"

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation

Old 04-22-2010, 07:08 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,268,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hardly off base. The pro-drug side always compares hard drugs with alcohol, cigarettes, chocolate and coffee. The pro-drug side will compare people who have a glass of wine in the evening, a cup of coffee in the morning with hard core drug addicts injecting any sort of drug into their veins.

If it's someone's right to smoke pot all day then how is it not their right to use meth, heroine, lsd, date rape drugs and whatever else?
You mentioned "have a glass of wine one evening" then compared it somehow to "smoking pot all day". I, for one, only partake when snowboarding or during special occasions, and in between I never fantasize about when I'm going to take my next hit. However, I tend to overdrink when I do. The addicting effects of alcohol are far worse than pot, even from this anecdotal perspective and of course the statistics of people who are unable to responsibly handle alcohol tell the whole story.

We jail more people per capita than North Korea. Think about it...

Old 04-22-2010, 07:09 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,460,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Marijuana is made by god. It was not manipulated by man, to be a drug.
Ignorance of a earth grown plant, has made it illegal.
actually it was

originally hemp was low THC

hemp is a very USEFUL plant

todays' hemp (marijuana) has been MANIPULATED by man

Old 04-22-2010, 07:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,729,486 times
AFAIK - Growing, manufacturing, possessing, transporting and selling of all these drugs in illegal in Mexico. These laws are not enforced because the woefully under trained and under paid cops are bribed to ignore the traffickers. Another reason for ignoring the law is the drug economy is the only profitable economy in many rural areas since NAFTA put the wheat and corn farmers out of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies