Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 01:40 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I drove my Hummer to Walmart and bought some energy-efficient LED fluorescent lights. I'm a good American.

How about you?
Fired up my LP grill, pulled some steaks out of the freezer (from beef we ran on open graze) alongside some beets we grew in our garden. Then the little guy and I let some burning nitrocellulose loose at the shooting range. Job done Hail Earth Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 PM

948 posts, read 894,186 times
I celebrated by pouring a very small amount of beer into the Earth...for my homies.

Consequently refreshing Mother Earth with the precious, liquid gold.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:12 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Good for you! That oughta kill the rings
Actually, that would do nothing to the rings. It has an electric fan as well so that it will not overheat, which would be the main problem for a big block idling or driving in town.

Perhaps you need another round of education in mechanics school.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:27 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Why do people take such pride in being bad to the earth? Is it just in rebellion against the "other" political ideology?

You're bragging about the technology of 20 mpg. Why not push for that same spark of technological innovation to create 200 mpg and all the jobs that come with it? For all the debate over global warming (at least in political circles, if not scientific), there's absolutely no debate over the proven fact that burning carbon based energy pollutes local air. One need only spend time in Los Angeles to know this.

So, why be so beligerantly content with the status quo when the status quo is clearly harming your children and hurting our ability to create the next great new thing?

Bluefly, I'm sure you are a good person, but your post shows the brainwashing that has been done over "the earth". First you have to understand the basis of enviromental crap from governments and the u.n.
Simply put using the enviroment is a way to take away our Constitutional rights. Look, last time i was in nutmind land, (los angeles), the news was if people could or couldn't burn anything in their fireplace that day. Now if i own a home that has a fireplace, and i have the wood, and it's 40 degrees, out, i'm burning the wood in my fireplace and no nut job on radio or t.v. is going to tell me i can't. But what amazed me was the fact that not only my relitives thought they had to check and see if they could or not, but so did their neighbors. I left about 2 days early. I can't stand being around people who won't think for themselves. And following the enviromental nonsense is just that, not thinking for yourself. As for LA, and rest of Ca coast line, it has always been "the valley of smoke". 200 years ago Indian tribes bannished members of their tribe into the valley of smoke. In other words, stop claiming it's all man made when only 1 1/2 percent of whats in the air is.
The status quo is actuly allowing your mind to be twisted by this supposed scientific end of debate. Remember too that no report comes out that goes against the status quo "protect the enviroment"because too much gov. funding money is at risk.
Ever wonder what happened to the sciencist a few years ago that came out with a 20+ year long study and it said 98 percent of whats in the air is natural? He hasn't been able to get funding for anymore studies since.
Now that said, I see the claims of developing 200mpg cars is pie in the sky nonsense for practical use. First off, all those little in my way on the road nutjob toyotas, pirus or some garbage it's called? Check into the disposal of those "enviromental protection" cars. You might be shocked to learn they will do MORE harm than anything else on wheels.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:55 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
I dug out my pic of Lenin and put him on the altar.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Bluefly, I'm sure you are a good person, but your post shows the brainwashing that has been done over "the earth". First you have to understand the basis of enviromental crap from governments and the u.n.
Simply put using the enviroment is a way to take away our Constitutional rights. Look, last time i was in nutmind land, (los angeles), the news was if people could or couldn't burn anything in their fireplace that day. Now if i own a home that has a fireplace, and i have the wood, and it's 40 degrees, out, i'm burning the wood in my fireplace and no nut job on radio or t.v. is going to tell me i can't. But what amazed me was the fact that not only my relitives thought they had to check and see if they could or not, but so did their neighbors. I left about 2 days early. I can't stand being around people who won't think for themselves. And following the enviromental nonsense is just that, not thinking for yourself. As for LA, and rest of Ca coast line, it has always been "the valley of smoke". 200 years ago Indian tribes bannished members of their tribe into the valley of smoke. In other words, stop claiming it's all man made when only 1 1/2 percent of whats in the air is.
The status quo is actuly allowing your mind to be twisted by this supposed scientific end of debate. Remember too that no report comes out that goes against the status quo "protect the enviroment"because too much gov. funding money is at risk.
Ever wonder what happened to the sciencist a few years ago that came out with a 20+ year long study and it said 98 percent of whats in the air is natural? He hasn't been able to get funding for anymore studies since.
Now that said, I see the claims of developing 200mpg cars is pie in the sky nonsense for practical use. First off, all those little in my way on the road nutjob toyotas, pirus or some garbage it's called? Check into the disposal of those "enviromental protection" cars. You might be shocked to learn they will do MORE harm than anything else on wheels.
Whatever, kid. If there's brainwashing afoot, it would be on your side making some link between government and the environment. People who oppose building a safe, clean world for future generations always use "government" as a crutch. There's no link between government dependence and fixing the environment.

I saw from childhood with my own eyes the devastation humans cause. I saw it didn't work. No government program had to do it for me.

And you know what? 98% of particles in the air are natural. The problem is that we took natural stuff in the earth, burned it, and put it in the air. It's all natural, kid, but what was good in the earth is really bad in the air.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:59 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
I celebrated it like any other day : with respect for the gift of life

Old 04-24-2010, 05:06 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
First off, all those little in my way on the road nutjob toyotas, pirus or some garbage it's called? Check into the disposal of those "enviromental protection" cars. You might be shocked to learn they will do MORE harm than anything else on wheels.
Priuses - including their batteries - are highly recyclable.

"The car as a whole is 85 percent recyclable and more than 95 percent of its materials can be recovered through a process that accounts for two percent of its full life cycle CO2 emissions."

Toyota Prius' Battery Recycling Plan - autoevolution

Old 04-24-2010, 05:25 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I drove my Hummer to Walmart and bought some energy-efficient LED fluorescent lights. I'm a good American.

How about you?
Don't you mean "errf day"? Sorry I axed.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:31 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'm driving my Prius to go protest Obama's latest fishing ban...
Finally, someone else acknowleges this idiot fishing ban? I thought I was the only one on here that had mentioned it, and most liberals don't believe it.

Earth day? Didn't know it was. If I had known, I might have taken out a tree, just for spite. They come up volunteer all over the place here, and unless you control them, your land will soon be forested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies