Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 04:44 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
My aunt gives me a hard time about my little Hummer. She takes pride in driving her old Acura, in part, because she believes she's being environmentally responsible by driving an old car. What she fails to realize is that her old Acura pollutes a lot more than my Hummer.
uh huh
I suppose you will tell us next your gas mileage is better too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 04:49 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
The EPA should be abolished. This is a free country with the 'free enterprise' system. All companies and individuals should be allowed to dump their waste (chemical, toxic) whatever, wherever they want. I'm all for it. With one stipulation; that all pollution remains in America. So go to it. Celebrate Earth Day by changing the oil in your car and dumping the used oil into the sewer.
God Ble$$ America!

Old 04-22-2010, 04:50 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Hello,

Just wanted to give you a quick wake up call. I am a Christian. I exist, so therefore Christianity exists. Hope that helps... and if it doesn't, well go hug a tree and try to feel better about yourself already.
I worship the Purple Flying Pig. Therefore, they exist.

Just because you and your delusions think there is a gawd doesn't make it true. Now THATS a quick wake up call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
You have also been outspoken about your support for abortion so even an "accident" should be no problem for you. And if that's what you want and choose to do, it is no problem for me either. (In fact, fewer people to use up the earth's resources is an idea with merit.) Just please do it early in the pregnancy.
I agree. Less people should have children. Better for the Earth and its resources. Which is why abortion should be legal.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:05 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
You know these same nuts on the left that whine and cry about pollution don't care one bit about the massive pollution cause by illegal immigrants flooding across our borders. H*ll they even help and encourage them. In 2006 in ONE state alone, more than 1.18 million pounds of trash was collected along southern Arizona border.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You know these same nuts on the left that whine and cry about pollution don't care one bit about the massive pollution cause by illegal immigrants flooding across our borders. H*ll they even help and encourage them. In 2006 in ONE state alone, more than 1.18 million pounds of trash was collected along southern Arizona border.

You know damn well that I am AGAINST illegal immigration.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:07 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Most enviromentalist have good intentions but the wrong selling point. You want to get people to conserve, don't say "save the earth". What you should say is "if you want to save money, then do these things". I have heat reflective window tint and solar screens on all my windows, I keep my ac evaporator and condensor coils clean, I have a low flow shower head with an on/off switch, my water heater is set to 120 degrees, and all my inside lights are CFL bulbs. I didn't do that to save the enviroment. I did it to save money. That's my choice. No local regulation requires I do these things. I did them of my own free will. Do I care if my neighbors don't do these things? Hell no. I'll tell them what I did to save money and if they're interested, I'll tell them where I purchased the items or help them to install some. If they're not interested, that's their decision.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You know damn well that I am AGAINST illegal immigration.

Yet you support Democrats, who more than anyone, encourage and support illegal immigration.

I am against illegal immigration and true to my beliefs it is one of the reasons I would not vote for Bush.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Yet you support Democrats, who more than anyone, encourage and support illegal immigration.

I am against illegal immigration and true to my beliefs it is one of the reasons I would not vote for Bush.
And what do Republicans do to stop illegal immigration? They're in bed with each other. Democrats like it because of the Hispanic vote while the right likes it because of cheap labor.

I will support Democrats because I agree with their stances more and they're not any different than the Republicans on illegal immigration.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
And what do Republicans do to stop illegal immigration? They're in bed with each other. Democrats like it because of the Hispanic vote while the right likes it because of cheap labor.

I will support Democrats because I agree with their stances more and they're not any different than the Republicans on illegal immigration.

Which is why I am an Independent. You may note you are not the only liberal who has posted on this thread. I will take their "save the planet rants" when they get on board against the massive amounts of trash destroying the deserts.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:14 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
I'm not "upset" about "Earth Day". I just ignore it. I didn't even know it was "Earth Day" until I heard it mentioned on the radio. Awe shucks. I missed it.

I don't worship the Earth. I worship the Creator, Jesus Christ, who created all things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies