Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:53 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Yes, there are crazies in every religion. A lot of people are unaware that there are even violent Buddhists. However, there are also different types of crazy and different extents of crazy.

For example. There are not hundreds of Christians lining up to kill any of the creators of thousands of pieces of media that have mocked Christianity in one way or another. I don't see Buddhists posting murder photos and the addresses of Stone and Parker on their website "warning" them about the possibility of some Buddhists avenging the depiction of Buddha snorting cocaine on South Park.

Face it, Islam has more crazies and crazier crazies than other major religions. The fact that Pat Robertson is considered to be a fundamentalist Christian, but a Mullah with his views would be considered a moderate is very, very f--king telling. I never heard Jerry Falwell calling for Larry Flynt to be murdered because of his blasphemy or insults towards Falwell.

Your comparisons to some Tea Party members asking for a voice actor to be fired for making fun of them to some religious extremists who are stating that THEY WANT TO F--KING MURDER TWO PEOPLE WHO MADE A CARTOON THAT SUGGESTED IT MIGHT SHOW THE FACE OF THEIR PROPHET is laughable. "See, there are violations of free speech all around. Some people boycott and some behead infidels. It's all the same really."

F--king post-modern pseudo-intellectuals...

You're trying to understand liberal "logic". Don't bother, this is none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 12:00 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Oddly, neither one of us are threatening to kill or actually physically killing someone else for poking a little fun.
Most would qualify, but that doesn't stop those on the fringe.

Quote:
In other words, we need to tolerate intolerance and accept the unacceptable.
And you're no different, considering what you just said. I wish we could put people like you and them in an arena and have see you all go at it.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:01 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
In other words, we need to tolerate intolerance and accept the unacceptable.

Backwards, violent, fundamentalists who are still stuck in the Dark Ages cannot go exist with liberal values. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you will realize that these people f--king hate you and everything you stand for. Every precious idea you have about tolerance and equality is despised by these s--tbags.
Exactly!

I don't need to tolerate ignorant intolerance on bit. Not ever.

The burden and responsibility is on Muslims. Not the creators of South Park or any other artists who may decide to poke a little fun at Islam's make believe gods.

This weak, gutless, soft-spined apologist game is old and tired. It never was legitimate and never will be.

Rationalizing, excusing and making arguments for intolerence is the equivelent of supporting the vicious, murderous actions of these archaic lunatics.

Then you consider that they are constantly verbally and through physicall action, insulting, offending, oppressing and imposing themselves in every manner possible. They certainly aren't shy about flapping their gums and attacking and insulting non-believers.

As I was taught as a kid. If you're going to dish it out, then, learn to deal with it; when it's dished back to you. Otherwise, pick up your toys, shut the f'k up and go back home. And keep your mouth shut from now on.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:04 PM

To a liberal, it's worse to offend a person (one of their darlings) than it is to be brutally killed.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Exactly!

I don't need to tolerate ignorant intolerance on bit. Not ever.

The burden and responsibility is on Muslims. Not the creators of South Park or any other artists who may decide to poke a little fun at Islam's make believe gods.

This weak, gutless, soft-spined apologist game is old and tired. It never was legitimate and never will be.

Rationalizing, excusing and making arguments for intolerence is the equivelent of supporting the vicious, murderous actions of these archaic lunatics.

Then you consider that they are constantly verbally and through physicall action, insulting, offending, oppressing and imposing themselves in every manner possible. They certainly aren't shy about flapping their gums and attacking and insulting non-believers.

As I was taught as a kid. If you're going to dish it out, then, learn to deal with it; when it's dished back to you. Otherwise, pick up your toys, shut the f'k up and go back home. And keep your mouth shut from now on.
Ask a liberal what the difference making fun of Joseph Smith and Mormons with an entire episode, than having mohammed in a bear suit?

Why is the mormon thing okay, but not he mohammed thing?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:12 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

I also believe that we, as a society, ought to start respecting cultural differences and be more tolerant.
Islamic Supremacism is not a cultural difference. It is anti-human rights, anti-freedom of speech, anti-everything we in the West believe in. It must be opposed with the same fervor that the Arian Supremacism of the Nazis was opposed for it is only different in the group that receives the favored treatment.

Quote:

Besides, we must all learn to be accepting of other cultures. Tolerance and respect can go a long way.
Tolerance and respect is not what you will receive by submitting to aggression. Instead you will get more aggression and demands to submit. Sharia law calls for death to those who insult Allah, Islam, or Mohammad. They will never compromise on that. It is one of their core beliefs. Don’t be a dhimmi. Stand up for freedom of speech. After all if freedom of speech is only for non-offensive speech then it is not freedom of speech after all.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:19 PM

Einsteinsghost is calling for that one way tolerance thing.

We have to tolerate, bend over backwards to accomodate, self censore ourselves, but not ask the same of where these people come from, as that's not understanding their culture.

I think libs just need to admit they hate our society, and want it changed so they can sleep better at night, feeling they are do gooders, but in reality, they're going to get a lot of people killed...

the FUNNIEST thing is that liberals will suffer the most under shariah.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
And you're no different, considering what you just said. I wish we could put people like you and them in an arena and have see you all go at it.
How am I no different?

I am an atheist and I do not wish to kill Stone and Parker for the atheist otter episode of South Park. In fact, I think they had some valid points about some atheists becoming so infatuated with their atheism that they end up partaking in the same childish intolerance and self-satisfaction they claim to be free from.

Like I said, these people hate you. Yes, hate you. They consider you to be part of the same decadent culture as any non-Muslim Westerner. You consider women to be (more or less) your equal, you are open towards other religions, you don't think that stoning homosexuals is a way a society should conduct itself, and so on. In other words, you are everything they hate. And I do mean HATE. People like you get executed in the basements of secret police offices in fundamentalist countries because people like you cannot coexist with people like them.

As far as the arena idea goes. It might not be a bad idea. Judging from the kill ratios of Westerners to Islamic Fundamentalists, the odds would be in our favor. Another upside is that half they time when they end up killing some of us, they have to remove themselves from this world to do it.

Since we are throwing suggestions here. I have one of my own. I suggest you go to a country like Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia or Iran or Algeria. Go meet with the Taliban, Saudi or Iranian government, or the GIA. First, explain your sympathies with how Islam is being treated by the media in the West, then proceed to explain your views on other issues. I suggest gay rights or gender equality for starters. That way you can experience firsthand their tolerance towards Western views and their acceptance of multiculturalism. I await the expression on your face. How will I see it on the other side of the world? Well, because I will be watching the video of your severed head being waved around by your former "fellow human being" while some guy in ski mask ranting about the glory of Islam on LiveLeak.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
How am I no different?

I am an atheist and I do not wish to kill Stone and Parker for the atheist otter episode of South Park. In fact, I think they had some valid points about some atheists becoming so infatuated with their atheism that they end up partaking in the same childish intolerance and self-satisfaction they claim to be free from.

Like I said, these people hate you. Yes, hate you. They consider you to be part of the same decadent culture as any non-Muslim Westerner. You consider women to be (more or less) your equal, you are open towards other religions, you don't think that stoning homosexuals is a way a society should conduct itself, and so on. In other words, you are everything they hate. And I do mean HATE. People like you get executed in the basements of secret police offices in fundamentalist countries because people like you cannot coexist with people like them.

As far as the arena idea goes. It might not be a bad idea. Judging from the kill ratios of Westerners to Islamic Fundamentalists, the odds would be in our favor. Another upside is that half they time when they end up killing some of us, they have to remove themselves from this world to do it.

Since we are throwing suggestions here. I have one of my own. I suggest you go to a country like Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia or Iran or Algeria. Go meet with the Taliban, Saudi or Iranian government, or the GIA. First, explain your sympathies with how Islam is being treated by the media in the West, then proceed to explain your views on other issues. I suggest gay rights or gender equality for starters. That way you can experience firsthand their tolerance towards Western views and their acceptance of multiculturalism. I await the expression on your face. How will I see it on the other side of the world? Well, because I will be watching the video of your severed head being waved around by your former "fellow human being" while some guy in ski mask ranting about the glory of Islam on LiveLeak.

I suggest he even try to organize a gay pride parade in Iran or Saudi Arabia. He can let us know how that goes..

Oh wait, even better, since he's a liberal and liberals love inclusion, diversity, etc... Have him try to Enter mecca. oh wait, non muslims are phsysically barred from Mecca, he cannot enter it, but he can shout outside of Mecca how much of an apartheid state israel is

Old 04-23-2010, 12:32 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Those defined by extreme religious (and anti-religion) ideologies know no boundaries. If you stir up the mound they reside in, be prepared for the consequences.

I also believe that we, as a society, ought to start respecting cultural differences and be more tolerant.
There is a big debate in philosophy about how much society can be tolerant of those who practice intolerance. Should we have ignored Hitler's intolerant philosophy? Should we ignore those who practice a religion that they believe orders them to kill people who "insult" them, by mere words or publications?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies