Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:17 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Again, I said that I respect them for going after everyone equally. You are lying about my having an issue with them spoofing Judaism and Christianity. Just completely lying. My posts are right here for everyone to read, and I never said it, because it's not true. They go after everyone. I'm glad that they do.
I would be lying if you never brought up your issue against them spoofing religions you favor. Your grudge that you continue to maintain is the one that proves it. This is a case of... an eye for an eye. If they can do it, so can we. Isn't it?

Quote:
Also, what world do you live in where a person can't enjoy both Judaism and Christianity? For the record, I enjoy both, not that I owe you an explanation. Just the same, I have no problem with South Park going right after these religions along with everything else in the world they address.

So really, you've got nothing to offer here.
You don't owe me any explanation. Our posts reveal virtually everything. Having said that, it is great you "enjoy" two religions, and probably hate and dislike all others (definitely hate the third of the trio of Abrahamic religions, as far as I can tell).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 08:18 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
are you kidding me? have you not been paying attention?

so your suggesting we just leave them alone and they will go away? ever heard of hitler? the countries around germany in the 1930's just gave him land to shut him up. well he wanted more and more and more. he didn't stop. finally america had to butt in and kill everyone.

thats what i wanna do!

they won't tolerate you.

so you're saying an offensive show shouldn't offend certain people? you're afraid of the muslims, admit it. you're a coward
The left insists only one one way tolerance and respect, and completely ignore the direspect Islam has for other religions.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Your freedom of speech doesn't protect you from its consequences, or should it? You should raise this same question to tea partiers who called GEICO to fire the guy, who plays the voice of the gecko, over the you tube video that mocks them.
Firing someone is a bit different than FIRING bullets at someone or beheading someone because you mocked their sky fairy.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:21 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,031,222 times
Quote:
Then why are you complaining?
I was referring to your Teabagger post.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
We have freedom of speech in this country. If we give in to this, what is next? People with blue eyes? Classical music?

TVs have an off switch. If someone doesn't like the show, don't watch it.

I for one, will never give in to terrorism.
Yeah. Imagine if mormons threatened to kill Parker and stone over the Joeseph Smith episode, which mocked Mormonism. SP hasn't even mocked Islam, they just had mohammed depicted once.. Yet, death threats.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
The left insists only one one way tolerance and respect, and completely ignore the direspect Islam has for other religions.
"The struggle for world domination will be fought entirely between us, between Germans and Jews" - Hitler

That quotes point at two things:
1- Ultra nationalism
2- Hatred for a particular sect of people, based on their religion.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,031,222 times
Free speech is the whole thing, the whole ball game. Free speech is life itself.

Salman Rushdie

Old 04-23-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
"The struggle for world domination will be fought entirely between us, between Germans and Jews" - Hitler

That quotes point at two things:
1- Ultra nationalism
2- Hatred for a particular sect of people, based on their religion.

DO jews go blowing things up if they have a gripe?

If you offend a Christian, Jew, or a Muslim, whom do you have the most to fear from? Why?

Old 04-23-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
I was referring to your Teabagger post.
I know. And I assumed you weren't being hypocritical about freedom of speech, and that you agreed that freedom of speech doesn't protect you from its consequences.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:24 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
I would be lying if you never brought up your issue against them spoofing religions you favor.
OK, try and follow along here.
I brought the other religions up to YOU.
Not for my benefit, but for YOURS.

To give you an opportunity to provide us with some similar posts you surely made when the show went after other religions. You must have done that, right? You didn't just wait until they spoofed this one to decide to speak out.

Quote:
Our posts reveal virtually everything. Having said that, it is great you "enjoy" two religions, and probably hate and dislike all others (definitely hate the third of the trio of Abrahamic religions, as far as I can tell).
When you have to use a word like "probably" to declare someone's hate for something, it only proves that you have nothing to offer. You say I "probably" hate all religions other than Judaism and Christianity. I say you're not "probably" wrong, you are definitely wrong.

You "probably" have brought some decent things to the table in other threads on this forum. This definitely isn't one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies