Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,900,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
But, but....I keep hearing from the sympathizers that there are plenty of black Teabaggers..
I am sure that you can find some black people at the Tea Parties.

The wealthy, middle aged white teabaggers need someone to carry their golf clubs and shine their shoes just like the good old days they are so nostalgic for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 12:54 PM

23,468 posts, read 23,810,518 times
Quote:
we all know why there's an infinitesimal amount of AA in Teabagger membership
That's right.
  • 96% of black voters voted for Obama.
  • Their support is more about racial pride than politics.
  • Black people overwhelmingly support Democrat candidates.

We all do know why the numbers are so small. Some of us are honest about it, and some aren't.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:55 PM

13,611 posts, read 20,667,679 times
Report: Only 67,000 Teabaggers in the entire country..

Then why is everyone on the Left from MSNBC to the President himself running around in a state of deranged paranoia and wetting their pants over a paltry sum of people theatrically excercising their Constitutional rights?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:02 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,400,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's right.
  • 96% of black voters voted for Obama.
  • Their support is more about racial pride than politics.
  • Black people overwhelmingly support Democrat candidates.

We all do know why the numbers are so small. Some of us are honest about it, and some aren't.

Oh I get it...a little blame the victim mentality, huh?

How blacks vote gives the Teabaggers a right to be racists...okay, sure.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,799,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

Then why is everyone on the Left from MSNBC to the President himself running around in a state of deranged paranoia and wetting their pants over a paltry sum of people theatrically excercising their Constitutional rights?
Right on the money. They must truly be frightened of this movement, just look how many threads the Leftists start on this forum.

Quote:

Do you ever NOT think about race?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:07 PM

23,468 posts, read 23,810,518 times
Quote:

What? You're not making sense.

There's no "blame" for anybody, and I never suggested otherwise. There's nothing wrong with the majority of protesters being white, if you're honest enough to look at why that is.

The facts are what they are, and only someone dishonest enough to try and replace those facts with a cry of racism would see the situation any other way.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:09 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,519,768 times
I wouold think that is right on activist that identify tehmselves as such. Biut the influenece like mnay other is more widespread.Its like looking at thosae who identify with either major party after all these centuries.Low and gettinglower.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,540,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Exactly. Another manufactured story from the Left in an attempt to dismiss the movement.

The over 100,000 that attended the DC rally last year and the hundreds of thousands that turned out in April of this year, represent millions of like minded individuals across this nation.
I've gone to three tea party events....and I am in no way affiliated with them or what they represent.

I'm really hoping they're not counting people who showed up get a good laugh...

Old 04-23-2010, 01:30 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,408,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

Speaking of "deranged paranoia"....

Actually, if y'all weren't so self-absorbed and "irony-challenged", you'd understand that ALL non-winger "interest" in the "Teabagger" phenomenon, is pretty much of the "WTF!?" variety, kinda like the natural human fascination with the crazy guy standing on the streetcorner talking to himself.

But for some of us, it's also become an ongoing source of entertainment: "tune in again for the next exciting episode of "The Teabagger Family"! Those wild-n-crazy guys (and gals) who are all nuttier than a fruitcake, dumb as a fencepost, and what's more, they think they're all Patriots!"

Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,858,157 times
Quote:
How does the lack of actions by blacks to join the tea party movement, make the tea party movement "racists"? They are not to blame for the failures of the black community to act!

Thats like blaming the Jews for allowing Hitler to kill them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies