Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:46 AM

214 posts, read 120,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Do you not get that the middle class is NOW getting HIT with these taxes? Towns are increasing property taxes by 11 and in one instance 17%. But you stay on the outside looking in. Christie will be lucky if he's not recalled and by the way things are going, not only with those who did not vote at all, those who did not vote for him as well as those who did vote for him will sign their name on that little piece of paper to start the process.
oh please, take it up with your local municipality about your property taxes. They need to be accountable and responsible too, they can't just continue the status quo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 07:46 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Alright i'll go poll people's opinions today in Urban Jersey. Its like 60% don't like him & 40% do. .
Of course most urbanites don't like him. It's the urban areas that have been sucking up the tax dollars at an incredible rate and they see their long green gravy train threatened.

The data's out there that shows how much of the cities pay for the cost of running themselves and it's a travesty.

Now they may have to pick up more of the tab of running their own fiefdoms and they don't like it.

The days of tax and waste are over, if we're smart that is.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
And in those towns were property taxes went up, was is by double digits? That is whats occuring now. And again, to continue to sue the teachers and the unions as the scapegoat when their is a grossly overlapment and overpayment to these administrators. The burden IS now on the middle class whether you agree or not.
yes they were. Did you not realize that we have the highest property taxes in the nation? It didn't start with Christie. Like I said before take up your tax woes with your local municipality, they are the ones raising them so they can maintain their status quo and not help out in the mess. The teachers and unions are a big part of the problem, they all need to pitch in and do their part as well.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:50 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Of course most urbanites don't like him. It's the urban areas that have been sucking up the tax dollars at an incredible rate and they see their long green gravy train threatened.

The data's out there that shows how much of the cities pay for the cost of running themselves and it's a travesty.

Now they may have to pick up more of the tab of running their own fiefdoms and they don't like it.

There an easy scapegoat , but thats not fair to say that. What about the Middle Class? Surely we were sucking down tax $$$?

Old 05-21-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:

You're absolutely right. I live by the shore and it is quite the opposite in support for him.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:52 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:

Have you spoken to everyone that lives outside of the urban area's? I work down 287 at a large telecom company, Christie is the talk in every area and these folks are from Peapak, Mountainside, Somerset and they are highly upset with the urban area's for NOT voting, they are highly upset that they gave their vote to Christie. When your property taxes go up as a result of cuts, when your spouse is layed off even though she is one of those who actually work in an area that contribute to their health care, you tend to second guess and regret your original decison.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditTheFed View Post
yes they were. Did you not realize that we have the highest property taxes in the nation? It didn't start with Christie. Like I said before take up your tax woes with your local municipality, they are the ones raising them so they can maintain their status quo and not help out in the mess. The teachers and unions are a big part of the problem, they all need to pitch in and do their part as well.

They are "PART", so are the multiple services, multiple districts and the corruption. If NJ is so bankrupt, Christie needs to grow a pair and do what needs to be done and actually get on the Legislature to merge these services. He has no problem in being a bully where the teachers are concerned, why punk out now.

And by the way, I NEVER said we never had high property taxes, but we've NEVER been hit with double digits. And considering you are pointing the finger at the local government, explain exactly what it is on top of what Christie has already cut from the budget and these towns have already cut by way of service are They suppose to cut even more?

Old 05-21-2010, 07:59 AM

683 posts, read 428,696 times
Quote:
When your property taxes go up as a result of cuts, when your spouse is layed off even though she is one of those who actually work in an area that contribute to their health care, you tend to second guess and regret your original decison.
Someone has to pay the bill at some point, the problem in your area is the same problem happening all over the country and world for that matter. People have been enjoying benefits that haven't been paid for. At some point someone has to pay that bill. There's only a couple ways to pay for something and raising taxes is the simplest, if you don't want your taxes to go up you shouldn't have spent the money in the first place because now the bill has come and there's no money to pay it..

Taxes will go up, people will lose their jobs and it's 100% the fault of the people who were spending the money and unions.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:01 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I love how people outside the state love him and people in the state don't. Hes becoming an Enemy of the Middle & Urban Class. Even though he was elected , voter turnout was low (not surprised) , but most of us our looking back on the that as a mistake. I didn't vote , i wish i should have. My property taxes were stable before he came into office now there going up by 240$. He's not targeting the Corruption / Over paided employees in every State Agency but rather the union workers. Its leading to a divide in this state , on top of that hes pitting the Middle & low classes against each other.
I'm not wealthy....middle class in North Jersey and I LOVE Christie..oh and YOUR property taxes Nex or your parents???

Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Someone has to pay the bill at some point, the problem in your area is the same problem happening all over the country and world for that matter. People have been enjoying benefits that haven't been paid for. At some point someone has to pay that bill. There's only a couple ways to pay for something and raising taxes is the simplest, if you don't want your taxes to go up you shouldn't have spent the money in the first place because now the bill has come and there's no money to pay it..

Taxes will go up, people will lose their jobs and it's 100% the fault of the people who were spending the money and unions.

Do you live in NJ? NJ and their politicians have avoided the obvious for decades. There are too many school districts 600+, there are too many individual police and sheriff departments, there are too many high paid administrators. A co-work told me in his town of 4 public school, there is 2 adminstrators making over $120K, Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies