Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 02:06 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Criminal , Mayor Booker isn't a criminal. He replaced a Criminal , and has cleaned out alot of the Cities Corruption , brought Cheaper Heathcare paided by pharmaceutical companies , has brought new wealth and jobs to Newark. Has Focus on the Crime rate , has focused on parks and alot more. Hes been and office since 2006. I guess you haven't been watching the news alot. Hes also been on alot of Regional new Programs , talking about Crime Reduction , Parks , and heathcare.

I agree,...Corey took off a little slow, I guess he had to let it all sink in, but I believe he's doing a wonderful job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene;13869358The people of NJ elected this [B
republican[/b] in a democratic state, brought to it's knees by ruinous, decades-long democrat/liberal policies.
I got one name for you: Christine Todd Whitman. You might want to do a little research on the mess she left.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Hes approve rating is slipping and hes making bad choices. We need a Governor like the Mayor of Newark , hes really doing some unique money saving things. I love how people form outside the state , think hes all great.
According to the record number of voters that went to the polls, they are behind him AND his ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

Now on the flip side of that, Christie's approval numbers are slipping and this is not only among the democrats, but republicans as well. The vote was not in support of Christie and his mandate, but against the unions and the free ride they have recieved by BOTH THE REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT IN NJ. You see, we've had more Republican governors in NJ than Democrats over the last 20 years. Only the last 8 have been democrats.
Quote:
Not uninformed at all, yes DiFrancesco took over when Whitman resigned for 1 year, was he elected? No, were any major legislations signed? No. So let me rephrase it since you want to get technical, because I do know my history. Republican Governors have owned NJ teacher union problems and free ride and all their corruption longer than any Democratic Governor in the last 20 years.
The explosion of public sector spending (unions) has happened in the last decade, when democrats were in charge. Btw, which party controls the legislature?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:37 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
According to the record number of voters that went to the polls, they are behind him AND his ideas.

The explosion of public sector spending (unions) has happened in the last decade, when democrats were in charge. Btw, which party controls the legislature?

So let me understand the mindset of someone living outside of NJ. The unions only occured since 2002? We've only had corrupton and a deficit in NJ since 2002? The previous Republican administration would not have had anything at all to do with the corruption and deficit because the legislature is majority democrats? The increase in spending wouldn't have had anything at all to do with de-privatizing and correcting Whitmans mess for 7 years?
Is that the load your trying to pass off. Unlike you who is an outsider looking in, I make no quams about the fact that we haven't had an effective governor since Kean. McGreevy would have been second if he just left his little playmate alone until his term was up.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I got one name for you: Christine Todd Whitman. You might want to do a little research on the mess she left.
Whitman was governor from 1994-2001.

Since 2002, the democrats have been in the chair all but one year, up until Christie.

Who controls the legislature?

It was the democrats during the last decade that have been guilty of overtaxing and overspending, to the benefit of their union patrons.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:43 PM

470 posts, read 461,795 times
Quote:
So let me understand the mindset of someone living outside of NJ. The unions only occured since 2002? We've only had corrupton and a deficit in NJ since 2002? The previous Republican administration would not have had anything at all to do with the corruption and deficit because the legislature is majority democrats? The increase in spending wouldn't have had anything at all to do with de-privatizing and correcting Whitmans mess for 7 years?
Is that the load your trying to pass off. Unlike you who is an outsider looking in, I make no quams about the fact that we haven't had an effective governor since Kean. McGreevy would have been second if he just left his little playmate alone until his term was up.
I could agree with what you wrote here. BTW, I didn't mean to pee in your wheaties before. My apologies fellow NJ citizen! I really mean that B&P.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Whitman was governor from 1994-2001.

Since 2002, the democrats have been in the chair all but one year, up until Christie.

Who controls the legislature?

It was the democrats during the last decade that have been guilty of overtaxing and overspending, to the benefit of their union patrons.
Corruption isn't a Red or Blue Problem , its a Jersey Problem. My state needs to focus more on Corruption and not on the blame game like Christie is doing. Hes scaring people into turning on other people, unlike Cory Booker. Booker is cleaning out the Corruption and uniting his City of Newark. We should take pointers form him , but Christie hasn't done that yet.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
So let me understand the mindset of someone living outside of NJ. The unions only occured since 2002? We've only had corrupton and a deficit in NJ since 2002?
What was the deficit? $1.4 Billion when the democrats took over.

What is it NOW - under a decade of democrat rule?

$11 Billion.

Quote:
The previous Republican administration would not have had anything at all to do with the corruption and deficit because the legislature is majority democrats? The increase in spending wouldn't have had anything at all to do with de-privatizing and correcting Whitmans mess for 7 years?
You mean way back in 2001? Please, don't tell me you are going to attempt to absolve the democrats, who have been in control for close to a decade, of the ten-fold increase in the budget deficit.

Quote:
Is that the load your trying to pass off.
You want to talk about loads? Of BS? You sure?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:58 PM

631 posts, read 719,827 times
It's a shame, I was starting to like the guy. I agreed that teachers shouldn't get a pay raise this year, and maybe they should contribute to their own benefits. Then he goes and gives HIS OWN STAFF a 440,000 pay raise, while the rest of us get screwed. So much for a good republican.

NorthJersey.com: N.J. gov's office payroll goes up under Christie

Old 04-23-2010, 03:00 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
What was the deficit? $1.4 Billion when the democrats took over.

What is it NOW - under a decade of democrat rule?

$11 Billion.

You mean way back in 2001? Please, don't tell me you are going to attempt to absolve the democrats, who have been in control for close to a decade, of the ten-fold increase in the budget deficit.

You want to talk about loads? Of BS? You sure?
How about you mind your own Politic business its our state not yours , pay attention to your state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies