Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do u agree with current CCP ( Concealed Carry Permit ) laws..?
YES,they are OK... 29 27.36%
NO,they should be more LIBERAL ( more pro gun carry) 56 52.83%
NO,they should be STRICTER ( more anti-gun carry) 21 19.81%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 02:46 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't want some 20 year old who is still flipping people off in the car and can't even control themselves or their language to have a CCP/CCW. I do agree though with the carry location(s).
So a young 20 yr old marine who has just returned from iraq is not qualified, in your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 03:28 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Your "classes by caliber" makes no sense. You can do as much damage with a .22 as you can a .45ACP.

At first glance, your additional training to carry on campus (I wouldn't limit it to colleges) looks good. I'm going to give it some thought.

I don't like the psych eval though. Too many things can go wrong there. I have some very strong right-wing beliefs. What if my shrink is a liberal, anti-gunner? To many personal things can mess up this.

I already am subject to random drug tests to keep my job. I had to go through a background check that made my CCW background check look like a joke.

Classes by caliber & age make sense,because all licenses are based either on age or on size & capability ( vehicles,boats,planes etc) ...

Easy to be understood by the non/anti-gun ...

Old 04-23-2010, 03:32 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,073 times
Can I make an alt (or two) and vote with it too?

Old 04-23-2010, 03:35 PM

948 posts, read 893,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't want some 20 year old who is still flipping people off in the car and can't even control themselves or their language to have a CCP/CCW. I do agree though with the carry location(s).
A CCP is difficult to get and even easier to lose. I agree and feel the minimum age should be at least 25 and if military personal younger than 25 at least be of rank. Texas age is 21. I disagree.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:48 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,908,830 times
But the non/anti-gun don't care about calibers. Throw in mm and it will really confuse them.

That's getting into the same thing as CA and a few other states banning the .50cal rifles just because .50 caliber is big and scary. The Barrett model 99 in .416 is perfectly legal. It shoots farther, is much more accurate and has more knock-down power at 2,000 yards than Barrett's .50 cal version.

Same way that you can't just say all .22's are the same when you have shorts, magnums and ammo ranging from sub-sonic to hypersonic. What about these .22 caliber pistols?

Old 04-23-2010, 03:55 PM

Therefore,u agree with me,caliber makes sense...to the ignorant...

Actually,the .50BMG ban was...beneficial...

Feinstein got it her way & we...got it a better way...

That's America...

Old 04-23-2010, 04:09 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,908,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Therefore,u agree with me,caliber makes sense...to the ignorant...
Yes, cal makes sense to the ignorant but catering to them doesn't help educate them. Not that they want it. It's having the same requirements to drive a 500hp sports car or a 500hp dump truck.

Quote:
Actually,the .50BMG ban was...beneficial...

Feinstein got it her way & we...got it a better way...
What about the .50 BMG sport shooters?

Quote:
That's America...
Shouldn't be if politicians paid attention to the Constitution.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Yes, cal makes sense to the ignorant but catering to them doesn't help educate them. Not that they want it. It's having the same requirements to drive a 500hp sports car or a 500hp dump truck.

What about the .50 BMG sport shooters?

Shouldn't be if politicians paid attention to the Constitution.

If someone is an avid .50 BMG shooter,but so stubborn that he can't ...downsize (..? ) to .416,he should emigrate to nearby Utah...

America is like nature...

Action causes reaction & when the going gets tough,the tough get going...
If somebody lives in a blue antigun district,he should emigrate to a red pro-gun one...
Only IL is viciously blue antigun,but then,who wants to live up there..?
5m people pro gun should drop the state & come to TX & FL...

I see no reason for a pro-gun to stay 1 more day in IL...

Old 04-28-2010, 09:10 PM

80 posts, read 198,622 times
Liberals are anti gun rights, I think your confusing it with Libertarian. Liberals and Conservatives are more about government control on these sorts of things. Correct me if I'm wrong. That being said I voted to keep them where they are. If anything I don't think you should need a CCP to have a firearm in the glovebox or console of your vehicle but to carry on your person It should stay where its at.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,496,224 times
Quote:
Classes by caliber & age make sense,because all licenses are based either on age or on size & capability ( vehicles,boats,planes etc) ...

Easy to be understood by the non/anti-gun ...
I like the gist of your proposal but trust me - I was a Firearms Trainer in the USAF for 12 years - to classify weapons by caliber as a core criteria for CCP is a poor choice. As the other poster pointed out, it's quite easy to inflict terminal damage on a target with a .22 from five feet away. A skilled user will have the weapon drawn, the safety off, the target (i.e. chest area, forehead, etc) acquired and the round fired in less than .7 seconds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies