Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:29 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
At least I dont believe in delusions like God and Creationism. People usually stop having imaginary friends at 3. Are you even that old?
What problem do you have with God? Do you not believe in freedom of religion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 01:00 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
This family must mourn April 27'th and the fall of Apartheid. If they don't want to be assisted by those of color... stay home. No one really wants to be around them either.
Shame the hotel didn't throw them out so they could go down the street and see about real life.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:03 PM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
The family's request was boorish and the hotel associate erred in how it was handled. Is the "humiliation" worth $75,000?

Old 04-24-2010, 07:31 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
I like a little piece in a Randy Newman song entitled "Rednecks"

Down here we're to ignerant to realize the North has set the N**ger free,
He's free to be put in a cage in Harlem New York City,
He's free to be put in a cage in Hough in Cleveland,
He's free to be put in a cage in Roxbury in Boston,
He's free to be put in a cage on the South and West side of Chicago,
He's free to be put in a cage in Fillmore in San Francisco,
The're gathering em up for miles around, keeping the N**gers down!

Yes sir Sotherners are not the only ones with a problem even today.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:38 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth1 View Post
All the years white people have been on earth they have been the same evil, hateful, cruel, wicked people they are, and until people of color take the WHY to another level they will not understand this fact: white's cannot and will not change, its not in them to.

Here is some information for anyone of color open minded enough to look pass what white people have brainwashed all of our people with over time!
YouTube - NWOisOWNbackwards's Channel
This post is a prime example of brainwashing.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:45 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
boy dont you just blame the tea party for everything. anyone says.says alot about you

All y'all know that 8% of the 'teabaggers' are dems and another 40% consider themselves 'independents,' don't you? It's not all one political party or side or race or financial group, etc, etc, etc...

Old 07-12-2010, 03:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
And i don't care who is saying who about what! Any one of any Nationality or Relgion, can be a Racist, any one who harbors hatred for another human being, of a different color, or relgion, is considered a racist. There are many racists out there today and for different reasons. Any one can be considered a racist, when they have so much hatred for another Race. And sad as it is in 2010 there is still so much racial issues going around.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,423 times
Default Against Colorblindness

I think most people are better than the stereotype of white people, which then enters into our political arena. I think it is definitely true that there is a systemic racism- for instance, although black and white people consume all classes of illegal drug at the same rate- and black people make up 12% of the population, white people nearly 70%, in some areas blacks are incarcerated at up to 51 times the rate of white people for non-violent drug offenses- and the national average being blacks are incarcerated at 7 times the number as whites and they only make up 12% of the total population!, Does it not seem disturbing that we continue to spend more and more money on our criminal justice system with no end in sight, when stats have consistently shown treatment instead of incarceration reduces recidivism rates by 20% and the cost is 1/5th of the average incarceration cost. Moreover, we refuse as a society to talk about the fact that we do not, as a nation, incarcerate alcoholics- a drug that kills 5x more people annually and is involved in nearly 5 times more violent crimes than illegal drugs. To think of all the young black men, their families, and their communities. The problem, to me, is that we continue to say things like, 'well, I would put an alcoholic in prison too' or, we instead take it personally and respond in the vein: 'well, I know I/people i know am/are not racist b/c...'- and instead approach the idea as an unacceptable idea in our country- and rather than suggest black people do so much worse on nearly every measure-pay (black men on avg. make 70 cents to a white man's dollar for the same job, with same experience and education), education (more men in prison than college, etc), health (on avg. black people live 5 years less than white), etc... due to some inherent inferiority or laziness- perhaps we as a nation can acknowledge that 400+ years of oppression and treating black people as not full and equal human beings is not wiped away in a generation (post-Civil Rights era) and many of the disparities are likely due to this- no matter how much we white people know, just know, that all the white people we know aren't racist and thus anything wrong with the black community is not our problem.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,423 times
The idea that nearly 50% of teapartiers are independent/democractic is not supported by any recent studies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies