Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:51 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times

Advertisements

A mob-rule thugocracy cannot be "reformed" or "fixed" by a population of thugs. Unless we outlaw any form of preferential law and initiation of force nothing will change substantively. Once it is accepted that government should do anything other than act as a retaliatory force to protect individual freedom the inevitability of what we see here, and everywhere else in the world, is assured. Any system that is permitted to use force to impose its special interests will do so. Everyone that lives under the shadow of this weapon of government force are reduced to warring factions seeking the favor of the government thugs.

Politicians are not a special breed of human. In that they are thugs who impose their will on others, they are indeed "representing" the masses. That is why people "vote" for their preferred thug or "representative". They want their personal interests, their thugs, to dictate the lives of others. Until people realize that NO ONE should impose their personal interests upon others the system will manifest itself as one of force, threat, and extortion.

If people were not actually the thugs that they are, they would not feel the need to vote "their" tyrant into power, or to support preferential law. Everyone seems to believe that if their personal beliefs were imposed everything would be great. It is only when the "other" person's thugs get into power that something is "wrong". What most ignore is that "they" and the "others" are both wrong. They are both advocating the use of force to impose their will on others.

If you are an aspiring politician I hope that you seek to advance freedom not one "agenda" or another. I would say that a good "future" politician that wants to be truly liberal and progressive would embrace the idea of human freedom and not some silly system that reduces men to mere component tools to be used by the system. Those ideologies need robots not humans. The "left" and the "right" are simply different ends of the same authoritarian slope. The left are economic authoritarians and the right are social authoritarians. Neither side will admit that having either economic or social freedom is useless in isolation. Freedom requires BOTH social AND economic freedom. I am biased to be sure, so I would say that libertarianism is the only hope for human freedom, progress, and peace, and is the only consistently liberal philosophy.

Also, don't get fooled into believing in the so-called "middle". Those who simply pick and choose some freedoms, at some times, in some circumstances are no better than the extreme left and right. They might even be worse in that they don't even have a consistent basis to "justify" their peculiar special interest. The left may abuse the right, and the right may abuse the left, but the middle would abuse everyone under our system of arbitrary government force.

If you are just going to be another "planner", aspire to be another self-appointed Deity to "lead" the inferior by force, then you will have no trouble fitting right into the system already in place. I hope that you will stand for human freedom and not the special interests of one band of thugs or another. Good luck.

Live and let live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM

604 posts, read 750,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
A mob-rule thugocracy cannot be "reformed" or "fixed" by a population of thugs. Unless we outlaw any form of preferential law and initiation of force nothing will change substantively. Once it is accepted that government should do anything other than act as a retaliatory force to protect individual freedom the inevitability of what we see here, and everywhere else in the world, is assured. Any system that is permitted to use force to impose its special interests will do so. Everyone that lives under the shadow of this weapon of government force are reduced to warring factions seeking the favor of the government thugs.

Politicians are not a special breed of human. In that they are thugs who impose their will on others, they are indeed "representing" the masses. That is why people "vote" for their preferred thug or "representative". They want their personal interests, their thugs, to dictate the lives of others. Until people realize that NO ONE should impose their personal interests upon others the system will manifest itself as one of force, threat, and extortion.

If people were not actually the thugs that they are, they would not feel the need to vote "their" tyrant into power, or to support preferential law. Everyone seems to believe that if their personal beliefs were imposed everything would be great. It is only when the "other" person's thugs get into power that something is "wrong". What most ignore is that "they" and the "others" are both wrong. They are both advocating the use of force to impose their will on others.

If you are an aspiring politician I hope that you seek to advance freedom not one "agenda" or another. I would say that a good "future" politician that wants to be truly liberal and progressive would embrace the idea of human freedom and not some silly system that reduces men to mere component tools to be used by the system. Those ideologies need robots not humans. The "left" and the "right" are simply different ends of the same authoritarian slope. The left are economic authoritarians and the right are social authoritarians. Neither side will admit that having either economic or social freedom is useless in isolation. Freedom requires BOTH social AND economic freedom. I am biased to be sure, so I would say that libertarianism is the only hope for human freedom, progress, and peace, and is the only consistently liberal philosophy.

Also, don't get fooled into believing in the so-called "middle". Those who simply pick and choose some freedoms, at some times, in some circumstances are no better than the extreme left and right. They might even be worse in that they don't even have a consistent basis to "justify" their peculiar special interest. The left may abuse the right, and the right may abuse the left, but the middle would abuse everyone under our system of arbitrary government force.

If you are just going to be another "planner", aspire to be another self-appointed Deity to "lead" the inferior by force, then you will have no trouble fitting right into the system already in place. I hope that you will stand for human freedom and not the special interests of one band of thugs or another. Good luck.

Live and let live.
What form of government, if one exists, would you suggest the USA take up?

It seems like something new needs to be created. Where the government protects the people and does big public projects necessary, and police/fire departments, but SS, healthcare could be taken out, correct?

I figured I'd attempt to put term limits up, and stop people from working to only get re-elected...

Also, somehow limit how much money any coorperation could spend on items made outside the country, because we buy things at Wal-Mart (who makes more than Russia) and then Walmart sends their money to china...

POSSIBLY work to rebuild infrastructure and get poor people, and welfare members to work on that, as the Romans did...

Anything else/flaws in my ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies