Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:17 PM

494 posts, read 890,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
This is what happens when you rely on abstinence-only sex ed.
Yep, and promote the idea that it is shameful and offensive to be a single parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 10:30 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Many 18-22 year olds drop out of things their parents believe only to come back when they mature.

Never heard, "My father was so dumb when I was 18 but by the time I turned 25 I was amazed how he had learned so much." LOL
That is not the case with this however, as study after study shows a decline in the % of Protestants and Catholics alike. In fact I would not be surprised if Protestants, for the first time in US history, no longer make up a majority of the population in the near future.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:34 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Not surprising. Our whole society is dropping out.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Protestant 51.3%, Roman Catholic 23.9%, Mormon 1.7%, other Christian 1.6%, Jewish 1.7%, Buddhist 0.7%, Muslim 0.6%, other or unspecified 2.5%, unaffiliated 12.1%, none 4%
https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/us.html

So you're saying that a larger % of people in the US are religious who get abortions? Really?

On unrelated news, a larger percentage of people at the pool are wet as opposed to people who aren't at the pool.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:41 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/us.html

So you're saying that a larger % of people in the US are religious who get abortions? Really?

On unrelated news, a larger percentage of people at the pool are wet as opposed to people who aren't at the pool.
No I am simply saying you cannot "breed" an ideology into the majority. As was suggested by another poster on this thread.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:42 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
My grandmother told me stories of a place in Utah where the catholic church sent pregnant nuns to deal with their "problem". I have no reason to doubt my grandma, or this report.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
COULD HAVE SHOULD OF FIGURED. You have some very religious Parents, and they don't talk to their children about birth control, at all, or the consequences of getting pregnant at a very early teenage. Hate to say this, but when your very strict with your children, and you don't communicate with them about Sex, NOT EVEN YOUR RELIGION, will keep the little inquestive teenagers from having and experiment with SEX. Their hormones are also doing the talking.
This is true. Also, the Fundamentalist Christian churches are surprisingly accepting of unwed pregnancy. Now this might be a reason for FC girls to have a lower abortion rate, but perhaps some just don't want to be pregnant or are afraid to talk to their parents about it.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:02 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
It's just another skewed "finding" using percentages to try and prove an agenda. It's always been the case that the young don't tend to be as religious and as they get older and closer to death they start to realize and see the importance of life and how precious it is. There is no better example than Norma Leah McCorvey.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:15 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
COULD HAVE SHOULD OF FIGURED. You have some very religious Parents, and they don't talk to their children about birth control, at all, or the consequences of getting pregnant at a very early teenage. Hate to say this, but when your very strict with your children, and you don't communicate with them about Sex, NOT EVEN YOUR RELIGION, will keep the little inquestive teenagers from having and experiment with SEX. Their hormones are also doing the talking.
I watched this take place within my extended family. We have not one, but two preachers in our family. One is a second-cousin's hubby and the other is my paternal uncle (by marriage). The former is a fundie born-again type who preaches out of his basement and the latter is more legit - Southern Baptist.

They both made comments about how my parents and my other aunts' and uncles' kids would be holy terrors. Guess whose kids ended up on dope and preggers as teens? Uh huh.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:20 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
I'm not a liberal and don't see nothing wrong with abortion. I mean, the world is suffering from overpopulation as it is.

And do you think there's something wrong for some people who dislike and never want children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yeah, right. What a bunch of liberal BS.

We Americans still believe in God and the right to life. Spin all you want, but your perverse liberal notions of "normalacy" will not penetrate families based on support, love and faith.

If you want abortion, go ahead and do it. Abortion is good, as it keeps down the liberal population problem. We will continue to have children and will be the majority. For you liberals who are so for "illegal immigration", did you ever stop and think that these Hispanics are all Catholics? They are not idiots, like liberals, and are actually hard working people of faith. Thier second generation will throw off the lunacy of liberalism and will not support the pablum fed to them, as told by Obama and Pelosi. Most of the Hispanic immigrants in our parish are hardworking and have kids who bust thier ass in school. Also, they are CATHOLIC and, as a result, do not believe in the church of liberalism, but have faith in GOD.

Liberals love abortion and hate kids, so eventually they will die off. Thank Goodness- it is like a 100 year fungus, but fortunately will be eradicated by its own beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies