Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 12:40 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2010 View Post
With polls finding that 57% of Americans believe that Brewer’s law is “about right,” and 17% say that it “doesn’t go far enough.” Brewer has a lot of things going for her and shouldn’t be overlooked.

Could Jan Brewer be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States in Jan 2013?

I would seriously consider voting for her if she ran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 12:41 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
"they" would microchip her......to do "their" bidding.....

Old 07-25-2010, 12:45 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
"they" would microchip her......to do "their" bidding.....

You mean like Pelosi's Sock Puppet that is in there now?

Old 07-27-2010, 07:19 PM

12 posts, read 17,289 times
Maybe. She is just as big an idiot as Sarah Palin.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:22 PM

12 posts, read 17,289 times
The only house that Brewer needs to be in is the big house. Put her in an orange jump suit in a prison filled with hispanics. She knew her law was unconstitutional even as she signed it. She only did it to boost her ratings.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
No. Immigration's just another wedge issue the republicans use to rally their forces and further divide the nation. You won't hear a word about it in 2011, as it's not an election year.
If there was a republican administration you wouldn't hear a peep from her about illegal immigration. The republicans controlled the WH and both chambers for 6 years, and how did they address the immigration issue?
republicans dividing the nation?? guess again, the republicans are siding with the majority, and it is the democrats that are dividing the nation. immigration reform was tried, but the people put enough pressure on congress to stop the legislation before it got out of committee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Sorry I disagree. I think she opened her mind, listened to merits of argument from her constitutuents, and didn't allow the forgone conclusions so many in the GOP have leaned on so heavily. Palin is an example of that, Brewer is not, however I won't discount the motive of opportunistic grandstanding. This issue was dead on her desk for many years until the police and the people turned up the volume coinciding with an election cycle.

I cannot see how Az fiscal health can be fairly measured in light of national financial crisis unless she's grossly mismanaged comparatively to other states. I'll need more evidence than just your word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Arizona is almost as bad a California. A lot of it has to do with Medicaid mismanagement and the ridiculous political infrastructure we have.

Brewer - not so much gross mismanagement, as she has not done anything of note while she has been in office to fix a terrible fiscal situation. No job creation, no brave initiatives, other than a recent sales tax increase she was pushing. She has been ignoring the pressing issues all to ride this 1070 wave, counting on people in Maine and Montana to look at her now as presidential material.
arizonas fiscal problems are a result of the previous governor, and brewer has been trying to solve them with a bunch of rinos in the legislature who were willing to do jugheads bidding.

as for brewer for president, not sure if i would vote for her. even though she has plenty of government experience, i think she is too soft on dealing with fiscal issues at this time. perhaps in 2016 maybe??

Old 07-28-2010, 12:12 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
...I like my politicians with more bite(Brewer) than bark(Palin) We have a new GOP superstar in Jan Brewer, and this one actually have a brain(unlike palin).
I agree! Jan Brewer has proven herself to be a very effective Governor of Arizona thanks to her having the guts to finally do something about the tons of illegal immigrants ... as well as correct many things that the past Governor (Napolitano) forced through that have turned out to be very costly, and/or ineffective.

And I can't stand Palin either. She is nothing but a political blowhard who speaks like a conservative, but her actions & lifestyle are actually quite the opposite. Also, Jan Brewer has a much more pleasant voice in comparison to Palin who sounds like nails screeching on a chalk board!

Old 07-28-2010, 12:20 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
If Jan Brewer becomes President, it'll at least prove that Republicans can support a woman who isn't attractive.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:12 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If Jan Brewer becomes President, it'll at least prove that Republicans can support a woman who isn't attractive.
LOL! That was mean!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
New Repub candidate proposal: Run a Palin/ Celtic FC ticket. That would be a certain winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies