Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 02:49 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I should start a thread and ask why lefties have a problem with this law.

It's lefties always talking about how great government is and how they treat everyone equally and correct all injustices. Perceived or real.

Why all of a sudden the distrust in the government to do their jobs?

What's with all the hypocrisy?
That is an interesting question..........I have asked a couple of times now, what their solution to the illegal immigration crisis is, I have yet to get a response.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:54 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelosi View Post
In this case the Arizona government is creating the injustice, huge difference.

Well the lefties are the ones always wanting to give more and more power to the State. And they always say without a profit motive everything will be fair.

Then they act all shocked and surprised when the govt uses that power in ways they don't like. Hypocrisy.

The more power we give the State the more we can expect the State to take. A truer sentence has never been utterred.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:56 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
In this case the Arizona government is creating the injustice, huge difference.
And government should punish violence and fraud.

Once they get into other areas they are committing an injustice against it's own people. A truer statement has never been made.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:59 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
I did not know that 70% of Arizona was right wing lunatic..

For those in favor of illegal immigration, what is it doing for you? and do you live in a border state?

BTW, illegal immigrants come from all over the world. Ignorance is really not appealing.

and congrats to the OP for getting banned in their first month of membership on CD that takes mad skillz

Old 04-24-2010, 03:49 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
I will continue to attack those that cite freedom as a rallying cry then seek to strip others freedoms when it doesn't suit conservative ideology or political beliefs. You ignored my specific examples for a reason, you have no answer. The answer is, it's hypocrisy. "Gimmie my gun" but "You can't marry who you want to" or "the cops should stop and question all brown people"..Sad hypocrite.

I am for all freedoms.

If you want abortion- go for it
If you want to smoke pot- do it
If you want gay marriage (I think it is perverse, but think that people should do what they want) - go for it

I AM NOT FOR BREAKING THE LAW. I contrast to what our "Pelosi" states (it is interesting that this Pelosi has a similar level of cognitive function to the real San Fran Nan), breaking the law is not a "right".

If you consider illegal immigration to be a "right", then you are probably equally supportive of armed robbery, rape, and murder. You see, these are crimes as well. If we do not enforce our laws, anarchy results. Of course, liberals, being spoiled brat children acting out, will be the first to complain like an infant when the negative effects of anarchy spoil thier ability to live a pampered, sheltered life. However, they can always count on adults to bail them out when the baby gets hungry and needs a bottle. There are still Americans who work and have enough common sense to take car of the liberal burden placed upon us.

In the 19th century, there was the fallacious and derrogatory notion of "white man's burden" which has been expunged from the minds of educated and rational people. However, in modern times, there is now the
"conservative male's burden" of taking care of all the inane notions and messes that spoiled brat liberals create.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:55 PM

948 posts, read 894,186 times
Hate to tell you "Pelosi" (that's something to be proud of) but expect more states to enact like legislation. The majority of people with common sense have had enough. People of your ilk are going the way of the Dodo bird and not a minute too soon.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Talk about hyprocisy. Trying to sell another amnesty saying again ;this time we will stop the illegal entry. They never even tried from the promises in the 80's bill.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:03 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Im not sure that this is a right/left issue, as I am very far left as most of you who argue against my posts will attest. This is an American issue and I applaud Gov Jan Brewer...Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and she IS RIGHT about this issue.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:08 PM

948 posts, read 894,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Im not sure that this is a right/left issue, as I am very far left as most of you who argue against my posts will attest. This is an American issue and I applaud Gov Jan Brewer...Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and she IS RIGHT about this issue.
A lefty that agrees with this??? Wellllll dawggies there IS a God. You just agree cuz a woman did it c'mon admit it.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:54 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
Oh my....

Big business, agriculture, ranchers, farmers, meat processors want to exploit cheap labor. These are hardly liberal groups.

The GOP supported illegals to help their business buddies. Did you know Regan granted the first amnesty and Bush Jnr and Rove dithered on enforcement and in favor of amnesty.
Where do you think all your "organic" crap comes from...So when can we expect you to "grow your own" while paying your "hands" twice the working wage of the illegals ?

Quote:
WHat rights have liberals advocating in usurping?
Oh I don't know...(assuming you know the difference between rights and priveladge - I.E. Free speach is a right, a drivers license is a privaledge. )free speach, right to assembly, free exercise of religion, freedom of the press...are what come to mind off the top of my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies