Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:03 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times

Advertisements

Why can't all of these groups just accept each other? Forget about agreeing with each other or liking each other which definitely won't happen. How about just a little bit of acceptance for everyone from everyone?

Everybody should have right to be heard without the excessive name-calling. And when a person in any of these groups says something stupid, displays an idiotic sign, or God forbid does something to hurt someone; then they are fair game... But they are still not a representation of the entire group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 09:04 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Again, it's not the Coffee Party against the Tea Party yet you insist on trying to turn this thread into a racist hate thing. Tit-for-tac in debate is for playground children and not appropriate in adult conversation.
Then why do you insist on practing this tactic?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:04 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/04/that-was-quick-forget-the-dialogue-angry-coffee-party-mob-wants-blood/ - broken link)
It looks like this woman wanted a civil Coffee Party, but she is getting overrun with politically partisan liberals. This is happening because her movement is a centrally controlled entity.

The advantage to the TEA Party is that they are all independent, but have the same overriding focus, so it will be very difficult for politically partisan RINOs to take it over.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Again, it's not the Coffee Party against the Tea Party yet you insist on trying to turn this thread into a racist hate thing. Tit-for-tac in debate is for playground children and not appropriate in adult conversation.
No its about the double standard

Oh but you dont mind turning the tea party events into a racist hate thing? We are only protesting because we are hateful racist.

its hypocrisy at its finest

Coffee party events arent racist but yet tea party events are. Coffee party was started because of the tea party

Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 AM

2 posts, read 1,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Thank you. We've disagreed on some things here in the past, and have found common ground on a number of things too. That response from you means a lot, and I appreciate it.
Gee...I just walked in the door! Absolutely a newbie around here but I've been reading this thread for a starter and just couldn't resist making my comment/statement for an opener!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
you betcha ! I saw three women in Birkenstocks pouring scalding hot coffee on 3 toddlers !!!!! When they finished doing that, they did the "ugly dance" with SATAN himself !!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
As I have said many times thier racist intent will be shown in full when Obama leaves in 20??. They will go back to thier country with all the same problems but it will be ok because the President is white again. They will have thier country back and those blacks in the tea party will be standing alone with thier signs.
Who says the President that follows Obama will be white? I do not think that is a guarantee, but apparently you do. I also don't think it should matter. Be careful. Sometimes you can get so involved with hammering other people for what you see as their prejudices that you can have a hard time spotting your own.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:08 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
A movement started by one of Obama's lead campaigners... Yeah, real "grass roots."
Annabel was never paid by the Obama campaign, but she worked very hard as volunteer, as did millions of other Americans. The Tea Party has many people in their ranks and upper tier organizations who have done the same for Republican candidates.

FACT CHECK: Did Annabel Park work for the Obama campaign? | Coffee Party

Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated Woman View Post
Gee...I just walked in the door! Absolutely a newbie around here but I've been reading this thread for a starter and just couldn't resist making my comment/statement for an opener!
Oh, I thought you were another poster with a name similar to yours.

Sorry bout that.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:14 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Who says the President that follows Obama will be white? I do not think that is a guarantee, but apparently you do. I also don't think it should matter. Be careful. Sometimes you can get so involved with hammering other people for what you see as their prejudices that you can have a hard time spotting your own.
If hes black the tea party will still be in full effect. I dont care what race the next president is but I know its no coincedence that this group showed up when it did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies