Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times

Advertisements

Watching and reading all the ultra sensitive reactions feigned by the media and political hacks in an effort to brand people of opposing political beliefs as racist, xenophobic, intolerant brooding terrorists, I have to wonder what would happen if a camera were to broadcast from living rooms across the nation.

Would your private reaction to political cable news programs place you in the 'crosshairs' of the politically correct police despite your political beliefs? Current 'living room' and 'kitchen table' politics practiced by millions of Americans would never meet the standards practiced in the media and political arena.

How do you feel about that double standard?

Do you feel it should be applied to you?

Does your dog run and hide when you issue forth a verbal tirade at the appearance of certain politicians?

Have you thrown any objects in the direction of the tv?

Can you change the channel fast enough to prevent searing your brain with the image and words of a droning political hack?

What words issue forth from your mouth when you see one of the rabid political attack dogs blindly wielding twisted logic in an attempt to make a point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 AM

89,007 posts, read 44,813,405 times
It will be interesting to see how the MSM and political hacks try to backpedal their mantras to win back votes from the many Independents they've alienated along the way. Can't win without 'em.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:31 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Watching and reading all the ultra sensitive reactions feigned by the media and political hacks in an effort to brand people of opposing political beliefs as racist, xenophobic, intolerant brooding terrorists, I have to wonder what would happen if a camera were to broadcast from living rooms across the nation.

Would your private reaction to political cable news programs place you in the 'crosshairs' of the politically correct police despite your political beliefs? Current 'living room' and 'kitchen table' politics practiced by millions of Americans would never meet the standards practiced in the media and political arena.

How do you feel about that double standard?

Do you feel it should be applied to you?

Does your dog run and hide when you issue forth a verbal tirade at the appearance of certain politicians?

Have you thrown any objects in the direction of the tv?

Can you change the channel fast enough to prevent searing your brain with the image and words of a droning political hack?

What words issue forth from your mouth when you see one of the rabid political attack dogs blindly wielding twisted logic in an attempt to make a point?
You just decribed me to the letter. I've not yet resorted to throwing things at the TV, but I have (often) floated expletives and other condescending adjectives when some blowhard (usually liberal) manages to pull some political theory out of his arse that makes no sense to anyone or anything anywhere except in his/her own mind.

Ed Schultz and Chris Matthews are usually the subject of most of my ire, although O'Reilly gets under my skin from time to time also. Shultz is a lightweight beyond lightweights. The analysts he interviews are lightweights as well, which I believe is because he doesn't have what it takes be challenged on his views. I routinely curse Ed Schultz.

Sometimes i'd like to reach through the TV screen and strangle Chris Matthews. His attempt to set up a climax always falls short. I believe he does this intentionally because he knows the point will fall in favor of the person being interviewed, thus stealing the show from Matthews.

Regarding politicians, I almost become physically nauseated at the sight of Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Maxine Waters, Barbara Boxer, and Charles Rangel.

It's all entertainment, but when i'm in my Man Cave, I don't mind letting the profanity fly when the TV regurgitators get it wrong. And yes, the Political Correctness Police would be up in arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies