Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 04:12 PM

378 posts, read 423,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm just tired of ignoramuses. That's all.

You can "thinketh" whatever you want. That doesn't make your opinions factual.

Just what I expected.
Thank you for your contributions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 04:20 PM

378 posts, read 423,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Excellent post - wish I could rep you again.

Quote:
The answer to the highlighted question is that the contention that homosexuality is not a choice is the cornerstone of their political strategy. Without that premise, out the window goes protected group status and virtually every coercion tool, like mandatory GLBT "diversity training" that all employees must suffer in many large corporations today, that has been used in an attempt to change and control the individual and collective thoughts of people throughout society about the homosexual lifestyle.
An excellent post there as well. Extremely VALID point in this discussion.

Quote:
This is the thought police at work that is what makes this such an important issue to the future of freedom and free will itself. It is the only aspect of the issue that I care about. It is none of my business what anyone else chooses to do in the privacy of their home. Equally, the opinion of others regarding their choices and practices is none of their business. But....they think it is. That is the problem.
I agree, as long as what they do in the privacy of their homes is not detrimental to the whole of society.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:55 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,477,792 times
How boring. Another thread started by a straight person to belittle and demean gays and lesbians. I love it how so many heterosexuals seem to think they know what it is to be gay. As if they would know. This is from the same ones that over 80% claim they did not choose to be straight, but just were. And this bull about political maneuvering by the LGBTQ people to pressure the APA to make the decision that homosexuality is normal and natural. If we had so much control in the 70's to do that, do you not think we would have achieved full equality and full marriage rights by now. It is just a story made up by the christians and homophobes to push their agenda of making gays second class citizens.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:08 PM

37,113 posts, read 42,137,272 times
So, wait..now the issue is that you want people to be able to just say homosexuality is a choice? To what purpose?

Let's say you are right, it's a choice. 100% chosen by each person when they decide to have a relationship. What then? What do you do with that?

Old 05-10-2010, 06:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,639,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
Nothing I've posted has demonstrated that I have animosity or prejudice toward homosexuals . . . I merely posed some thought-provoking and, whether you like it or not, VALID questions.
...to which any average person living in the modern world would already know the answers. That's one reason why you're getting strongly negative reactions.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,022,428 times
Quote:
Excellent post - wish I could rep you again.

The answer to the highlighted question is that the contention that homosexuality is not a choice is the cornerstone of their political strategy. Without that premise, out the window goes protected group status and virtually every coercion tool, like mandatory GLBT "diversity training" that all employees must suffer in many large corporations today, that has been used in an attempt to change and control the individual and collective thoughts of people throughout society about the homosexual lifestyle.

This is the thought police at work that is what makes this such an important issue to the future of freedom and free will itself. It is the only aspect of the issue that I care about. It is none of my business what anyone else chooses to do in the privacy of their home. Equally, the opinion of others regarding their choices and practices is none of their business. But....they think it is. That is the problem.

Thank you for clarifying this. Now, it is starting to make sense! It always seemed odd to hear, "I was born this way." But, who has memories from before the age of four or five??? And, it is an important factor, especially when the teaching of Homosexuality and Gender Issues is being fought for in the public schools, even in elementary grades. Kevin Jennings, our Obama appointed Safe School Czar, has even written the forward to the book, "Que*ring Elementary Education," which talks about "unstraightening the thinking of our children. Well, if Homosexuality is a choice, which most studies have NOT ruled out, I do not want my child being indoctrinated into it by the public schools. I do not care what Homosexuals do in the privacy of their own home. I have friends and neighbors and even had a dentist who was gay - no problem. But, don't start trying to indoctrinate my kids into being Gay or even thinking about it and "normalizing" it.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
But, don't start trying to indoctrinate my kids into being Gay or even thinking about it and "normalizing" it.
Do you realize how silly this sounds? I can't believe there are still people think that their kids might "turn" gay if they're told that homosexuality is normal.

Your kids will be whatever they were meant to be, regardless of whether or not they learn anything (good or bad) about homosexuality.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:58 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,022,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Do you realize how silly this sounds? I can't believe there are still people think that their kids might "turn" gay if they're told that homosexuality is normal.

Your kids will be whatever they were meant to be, regardless of whether or not they learn anything (good or bad) about homosexuality.
How do you explain, "Gender Confusion," we keep hearing about?

Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
How do you explain, "Gender Confusion," we keep hearing about?
Sorry. I'm not familiar with "gender confusion". If you're talking about kids who experiment with gender roles, that's completely normal. If you're talking about adults who believe they were born as the wrong sex, that's an entirely different situation from simply being homosexual.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:19 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,274,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
As for "bi-sexuality" - it's my opinion that every human being on earth conceivably, theoretically, "could" be attracted to both sexes if their sex drive is strong enough and they don't choose to employ restraint and responsible behavior.

But the bigger truth is that a responsible individual does not act on every sexual impulse without thinking and considering consequences, and a responsible individual does not just "go where the love is" (as I recently read a self-proclaimed bi-sexual state).

I don't believe there is any such thing as true bi-sexuality, but rather, is a term applied to and used by those who don't employ restraint, aren't generally interested in a long-term and viable commitment, and get their kicks from the involvement of a third party.
How is bisexuality 'irresponsible'?

What does bisexuality have to do with a 'third party'?

I believe that every person is bisexual. Children are bothered by all forms of sexuality. This is a survival instinct. It's dangerous to come into contact with another person's bodily fluids (saliva, semen, mucus, urine, blood, vomit, etc). Children are then conditioned to accept certain types of behaviors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid seeing mommy and daddy kissing
eww gross
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy and daddy
It's not gross. Mommies and daddies kiss when they love each other
Over time development and social clues show children that certain dangerous behaviors are ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies