Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:31 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It's even more bizarre than that:

Snuffster

Probably just another re-incarnation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 01:28 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,885 times
Um...whoever published that book needs to be shot. Seriously.

Homosexuality =/= Gender Identity Disorder

Reason? Because gay men identify as male. Gay females identify as female.

Those who fall under Gender Identity Disorder are those who are questioning their own sex.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:35 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
In all seriousness, I'm struggling to figure out why a heterosexual person would spend any time at all contemplating homosexual behavior. I spend my time trying to figure out what turns on my spouse, not conjuring images of sexual behaviors which hold no appeal for me.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-17-2010 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: quoted material was deleted.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:39 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
In all seriousness, I'm struggling to figure out why a heterosexual person would spend any time at all contemplating homosexual behavior. I spend my time trying to figure out what turns on my spouse, not conjuring images of sexual behaviors which hold no appeal for me. So, why exactly is somebody who claims to be firmly heterosexual commenting about the following?
I was in class learning about homosexuality and found a study that showed that aggressively homophobic men were more likely to be aroused watching gay prawns than accepting straight menPrawns is an innuendo.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:02 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we?

Is gender identity disorder a cause of homosexuality?
MODERATOR SPEAKING: Please stay on topic.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,991 times
Quote:
You conveniently left out that I said I posted those links to studies for desli as he requested that I cite some studies. How very disengenuous of you.

You also seem to have completely changed your tune about backing up claims by citing academic sources since you posted this a month ago. How convenient for you.
I realize you have grown accustomed to a life of selective reasoning, but dont forget to jog your selective memory and post the link to my quote in THAT SAME THREAD that stated this:
Quote:
Thats about as far as Im going to go with these references -- For one, Ive never been a big internet reference link person on these threads...its just not something I put tons of stock into...but as you asked, I figured I'd oblige. But also, you've driven your fingers into your ears and no amount of scientific research, academia nor proof will advance the substance of our discussion any further.
BEFORE I even made the statement that you quoted. Hmm, oddly enough that sounds remarkably similar to the tune that Im singing in this thread...Meaning that I have never engaged in link wars, and initially didnt want sources from that person either, but because a person requested them, I compromised my own practices. And as I predicted in that thread, presenting links didnt prove nor disprove anyone's opinion either way. How convenient of you to overlook this precursory statement..and how very unobservant of you..as expected..

//www.city-data.com/forum/13710417-post407.html

Quote:
As for the rest of your claims - The one and only "research" link you have posted in recent times on this topic was:
APA revises 'gay gene' theory (OneNewsNow.com)

A religious site quoting
Peter La Barbera from Americans for Truth about Homosexuality - which is in itself, a religious website which quotes extensively from the "junk science" of the long discredited "Dr" Paul Cameron (the source of much of the references to so called "studies" on religiously biased websites.)

LOL! Enough said.

Clearly your sources are far superior (and much more colorful) to mine.
Stated in classic Jaymax philosophical rhetoric: Quantity over quality...lol...Clearly my sources always have been superior, which is how I know my research is well founded while yours is mostly a hodgepodge of hogwash and psychobabble...If I didnt believe the sources for my research were superior, I would actually believe the information in those chicken sh*t links that you try to sell as independent research instead..lol......and just think..those are just the one's you couldnt dispute **Oh my bad, labeling a source "Junk Science" was supposed to pass for debunking a source**...."OH NOOOOO!!!...NOT RELIGION!!!...INFORMATION POSTED ON A RELIGIOUS SITE!!!...THATS LIKE KRYPTONITE...AAARRRGGHHHH!!" lol...GASP!..you mean that information on the internet may actually have a bias!!...NOO!...what an astute and profound acknowledgment from you! <or not>...but wait a minute - that must mean that even those links of yours, which are also found on various websites with political agendas, have a bias of their own!...so you mean to tell me that internet content comes from sources with a particular bias, kinda like how I stated two pages ago?...well now, who'da thunk it?..

now imagine how much more befuddled you would be if I actually tried to dispute your opinion with more sources!..lol I can admit when Im wrong, and always do...but fortunately my research has informed me that I am right in this instance that people arent born with predetermined sexuality..

But clearly your ability to google is FAARRR superior to mine..lmao

Last edited by solytaire; 05-20-2010 at 02:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies