Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama
I approved of Clinton and approve of Obama 11 40.74%
I disapproved of Clinton and disapprove of Obama 7 25.93%
I disapproved of Clinton, but approve of Obama 0 0%
I approved of Clinton, but disapprove of Obama 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
As I'm sure you think it means something different than what the poster clearly meant.
False nastalgia or blatant racism. It's all gravy either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 09:02 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Clinton was not placater to the extent Obama is. He had liberal principles he was willing to fight for. Obama is almost consumed by "the process" and not the goals. That's likely why he doesnt rate as high with liberals. As for right wingers., the rise of Fox news twists their thinking. Obama although more moderate that Clinton is branded as a Totalitarian.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
My how the worms turn.

Gotta say OP, if you're looking for honesty from the righties on this forums with regard to this issue - you're going to be mostly disappointed. Some of these people will say anything to get at Obama - including praising a guy that they were recently blaming for the market crash and 9/11. (because Bush obviously bears zero responsibility).

Anyone who actually knows anything about Clinton should know that his arrogance level is several notches above Obama's. Anyone claiming otherwise is simply full of beans.

I mean just look at them twist on this thread. We have one claiming Obama is an arrogant jerk who does what he wants yet in their next breath he is a henpecked husband. Which tells me that some of these people are too chicken to state their actual reasons for hating Obama. That's OK though because those of us who were not born yesterday see it for what it is.

That said -- on the topic itself - Clinton could have gone down as one of the greats had he been able to keep his arrogance in check. Over-all a better-than-average president, regardless. Obama hasn't been in long enough. But that doesn't matter to the knee-jerkers on this forum. I'll add that I was not pulling for Hillary precisely because she seems to be nearly as arrogant as Bill.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 AM

At this point in his Presidency Obama has higher ratings than Clinton or Reagan.

http://pollkatz.homestead.com/files/...1_image001.gif

Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM

314 posts, read 189,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I saw some numbers that had Bill Clinton, upon leaving office, having an approval rating of 35-40% amongst Republicans and that right now 15-20% of Republicans approve of Obama. What do you think the fundamental difference between them is? Why such a large descrepancy?
Although Clintons unbelievable weakness got us attacked so many times, including the 911 "slop-over" WTC attack, at least he was a likeable guy. The current POS POTUS is neither competent nor likeable - a complete fraud who has to bring a pair of teleprompter with him to speak to children.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperarmati View Post
Although Clintons unbelievable weakness got us attacked so many times, including the 911 "slop-over" WTC attack, at least he was a likeable guy. The current POS POTUS is neither competent nor likeable - a complete fraud who has to bring a pair of teleprompter with him to speak to children.
You think a womanizer with his head constantly in his pants is more likeable than Obama? Clinton was probably the least morally upstanding president of our time. Say what you want about his politics, but as far as anyone knows, Obama's socially upstanding and seems likeable.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
A person doesn't need a decoder ring to figure out what that means.

Race baiting transparency. Your Boy would be proud!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
You think a womanizer with his head constantly in his pants is more likeable than Obama? Clinton was probably the least morally upstanding president of our time. Say what you want about his politics, but as far as anyone knows, Obama's socially upstanding and seems likeable.
You don't have a clue. Lying about sex is all you have on Clinton.

Bush lied us into a war, getting 5000 soldiers killed for nothing.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:26 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Race baiting transparency. Your Boy would be proud!
What you see as baiting some of us see as truth. Too bad for you eh?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:32 AM

padcrasher, I was speaking about the moral upstanding of Clinton when compared to the O Dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies