Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:20 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
U.S. Federal District Court judge has ruled that the University of Wyoming must allow William Ayers to speak on campus. Previously UoW had withdrawn its invitation to
Ayers to speak here after receiving numerous threatening emails and statements that major contributors to the Univ. would stop supporting it if they allowed Ayers to speak.

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regio...771490ca6.html

The judge reviewing the case said: "If the First Amendment can't find sanctuary somewhere on a college campus, where can it take refuge?" -- U.S. District Judge William Downes
Ayres and his wife should have been tried as enemy combatants in military tribunals and then taken out and shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Ayres and his wife should have been tried as enemy combatants in military tribunals and then taken out and shot.

you said that wrong. delete everything between "been" and "taken"
then you have it right.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:39 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,147 times
Quote:
You can't even do that with enemy combatants. The government's problem was that with all their efforts, they could never build a case where Ayres could even be charged with a crime. Funny thing about the Constitutional right to a trial and the presumption of innocence.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I support free speech but I really don;t think liberals can say thaey have in simialr circumstnces.; They have forced amny that have doen nothig but disgree with them to not beinvited by threats . I say they needd to gibve a varianceof speakers and people can boucott if they personally want to. i really tho don't see Ayers as a very good speaker for his poiunt of view.Cahney is a good example of the liberals views on real free speech.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:15 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Did you read more then one sentence?

Did you read the beginning of that chapter where he wrote:

"I don't remember, but I imagine".
"This then, is the dream of a death".

That is not a factual account of what happened, it is nothing more then Ayers imagining what might have happened that day and what the effect of that kind of bomb could be.

Do I really have to explain the difference between a dream and reality?
Between imagining something and witnessing it?

He wasn't there, he can only guess at what went on and what was said. Again, no proof of anything.
oh, it was a dream bomb, so he's off the hook?

i give up. this scuzz could decapitate a puppy on live tv and your ilk would be cheerleading and making excuses from the bleachers.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
You can't even do that with enemy combatants. The government's problem was that with all their efforts, they could never build a case where Ayres could even be charged with a crime. Funny thing about the Constitutional right to a trial and the presumption of innocence.
The government would have had an easier time of it in a military tribunal.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:35 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,147 times
Quote:
The government would have had an easier time of it in a military tribunal.
No the standards of proof are comparable. Besides Ayers could not be tried in a military tribunal.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:53 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
oh, it was a dream bomb, so he's off the hook?

i give up. this scuzz could decapitate a puppy on live tv and your ilk would be cheerleading and making excuses from the bleachers.

Ayers could kiss the gift of life back into a child and your kind would accuse him of child molestation.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:07 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and I am considered a radical because Tim McVeigh (who I have never said any good word about and supported the death penalty for him) blew up a building in OKC. I am radical because liberals say TM was a conservative and I am conservative.

Liberals on the other hand defend murderers and see no conflict with thier own positions.

It does fit liberal dogma. The Ethics of an act are determined by two things success or failure, and the greater good.... To a liberal killing communists on the other side of the world is horrible. killing American Judges who "stand for the man" is honorable because the killers stand against the man and against killing communists....

Odanny, it is hard to fathom we share the same planet.
Fred, you are a victim of your own paranoia. No one accused you of being a radical that I can see ( my apologies if I missed something). A person can be conservative without being an extremist/radical, just as a person can be a liberal without being an extremist/radical. The biggest problem I see with politics in the US today is that the two parties try to polarize all discussions, looking at everything as black or white; Extremist Conservative's or Extremist Liberal; when in fact most American's are Centrists. And most Conservatives and Liberals are not Extremists or Radicals at all.

I respect all citizens who respect the constitution and the laws of these United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies