Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And yet the same control freaks are ok with our borders being a free-for-all.

Anything other than namecalling and unfounded accusations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 12:16 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
the government has discovered that citizens are irresponsible.
next discovery should be that they too are also most irresponsible.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:19 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
You're free to tell the workers at McDonalds you do not wish to have the toy in the happy meal.

You are free to not eat at places that put a lot of salt in their food.....

bottom line is that the government should not have to step in. People should be able to make their own choices.
so you want no health or safety standards at all for how food is harvested, produced, packaged, transported, and sold to you?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:24 AM

948 posts, read 894,464 times
Quote:
And yet the same control freaks are ok with our borders being a free-for-all.
These types will continue to impose their self righteous will on others until it encroaches on their rights. It will. It always does. They don't have snap to see it.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:28 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not in most restaurants, you're not.

And nice use of "unborn child" to throw in some emotional yet medically incorrect terminology. It's fetus.
It's not a child until it's viable.
But it is alive, correct?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
You're free to tell the workers at McDonalds you do not wish to have the toy in the happy meal.

You are free to not eat at places that put a lot of salt in their food.....

bottom line is that the government should not have to step in. People should be able to make their own choices.
That presumes the choices available aren't weighted all in one direction-- I'd venture to guess 95% of your supermarket is processed food.
http://trusted.md/blog/vreni_gurd/20...#axzz0mYsvutbs

Control freak is an interesting characterization tossed in this thread. I'm just wondering how frankenfood, antibiotic laden dairy products, reduced nutritional value apples, and mysterious chemicals I can't pronounce inserted into/onto 'food' I used to be able to readily identify isn't trickery, ramming it down everyones throats, or freakishly controlling markets? Things used to be much simpler until scammers started playing games. Why can't I just buy the apple I bought 50 yrs ago? Why is mercury allowed to be in our food supply when it's not listed in the ingredients? The Drill Coach: Mercury in Your Yogurt? (http://www.thedrillcoach.com/2009/01/mercury-in-your-yogurt.html - broken link)

It's funny too. You buy reduced fat milk (fat removed is used to make butter) and they charge you more for the lesser product whose byproduct feeds a higher premium product. Reduced sodium campbells-- you'd think the money they saved on salt would cut a few cents off the price tag. Oddly enough it adds 60 cents. Defies logic, doesn't it?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Plenty of your amigos do and they are the hypocrites...you on the other hand are just a big government apologist tool.
Got anything to add other than insults?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the government has discovered that citizens are irresponsible.
next discovery should be that they too are also most irresponsible.
Huck in all fairness, how can I be responsible for my own well being when I have to run a gauntlet of deceit? Make it too hard for people to do the right thing and they won't. Confuse people out of doing the right thing with misinformation and they can't.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I think McD's or wendy's started unsalting their fries years back because of sodium restricted diets. They just add a packet on the side and apparently haven't suffered utter financial collapse. I love salt & have no restrictions for health, but I like the amount I use not the amount they used to put on them.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:56 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:

And nice use of "unborn child" to throw in some emotional yet medically incorrect terminology. It's fetus.
It's not a child until it's viable.
Then what is it???? IT is a human life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies