Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
(I guess it is OK for county government to tell businesses how to conduct the orperations?)
They already do and have in many businesses for years.

Quote:
(but it is OK for government to tell businesses how to conduct their operations?)
They already do and have for years. Ever heard of monopoly laws?

Quote:
(With all the emphasis on "health" it is only a matter of time until the government mandates Physical Readiness Tests for the general populace. Never happen, you say? Yeah, right.)
Paranoid much?

Quote:
(No, they just want to tell us what we can and cannot have in the house.)
They make recomendations. Doesn't mean it's law. If you're insecure about things enough to where you feel you're oppressed by government recomendations, you have issues that stem beyond politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 10:39 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Exactly. This individual is free to eat whatever they want, whenever they want. No one's stopping them. A question I have for the OP, do you oppose last call laws?
I'm not sure what a "last call law" is...

Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And yet the same control freaks are ok with our borders being a free-for-all.
False. Almost next to no left leaning posters on this board stated that.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
False. Almost next to no left leaning posters on this board stated that.
Do you support amnesty?

Old 04-28-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I'm not sure what a "last call law" is...
Law that states bars have to stop serving alcohol after a certain time.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Do you support amnesty?
Nope.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
The rant by the OP is a truly vintage whine.

Get real. Nobody, including the government, gives a damn what you do to yourself. You ain't that important.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I can't believe you went there. Do you really need to be explained the definition of "all-volunteer armed forces?"
All the more reason not to complain. Anyone who in the service now volunteered to be told what to do by the government and that includes being told how/what to eat, when to sleep, when to go to the doctor, how much weight to lose/gain and so on.

However, since our OP collects medicare, I wouldn't presume that s/he actually served post-draft.

On the one hand, the OP is bemoaning actions that may save us, the taxpayers, money on his or her medical care in the long run and yet is trying to suggest that s/he sees no reason for anyone to modify their behavior. Strange argument.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:47 AM

48 posts, read 22,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
It is interesting that a woman's "right to privacy" extends to killing her unborn child, but not to what she eats.

In California, they want to forbid the giving of toys in children's meals, supposedly to reduce "childhood obesity".

The government is telling the makers of processed foods that they MUST reduce the amount of salt in their products, to reduce "vascular and heart disease". It was quite funny that during one of the news articles on tv, the picture was of someone passing a salt shaker over their plate. Repeatedly.

The government has forbidden smoking in "public places" for reasons of "health". Never mind the "rights" of the property owner.

The government in some areas has forbidden the use of certain fats in food preparation.

To all of the health fanatics I say "Leave us alone!"
If I don't want to excercise, you can't make me.
If I want to eat salty foods because I like the flavor, you can't stop me.
If I want to use lard for pastry because it works better than vegetable shortening, you can't stop me.
Yes, if I continue to do all of the above, I will DIE!
But, if you avoid all of the above, SO WILL YOU!

"THEY" say that it is because bad health habits cost society money for medical care. Sorry, I can't see it.
A smoker gets cancer or emphysema, and dies.
An over weight person gets one or more of any number of diseases, gets sick, and dies.
A super healthy person gets a number of diseases at the same time, winds up in a nursing home, lingers on and on until he/she becomes an animated vegetable, then finally dies, after running through his entire estate plus a lot of public money.

The government has NO right in my kitchen, or standing behind me in a restaurant, telling me what I can or cannot eat, or how often I can eat it, or when I can eat it.

The "do-gooders" even want us to avoid wild game, because of the "flakes of lead" in the meat! REALLY! If I bring down a deer with a heart-lung shot, the rump roast and round steaks, even the backstrap, are contaminated with lead? WOW, that bullet REALLY EXPLODED!
Stupid people.

I like salt in my food. I like garlic. I like pastry made with lard. I want to enjoy eating. Leave me alone!
I enjoyed smoking, until YOUR taxes made it too expensive. I quit. That's all you get! LEAVE ME ALONE!
By the way, I am on Tricare and Medicare. YOU get to pay my medical expenses. thank you.

Right on! but tell that to the conservatives that want government mandate medical procedures because they think "it's right".

2 New Abortion Laws Passed In Oklahoma

Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Plenty of your amigos do and they are the hypocrites...you on the other hand are just a big government apologist tool.
Send me posts from 5 different posters on this site who support amnesty. Me thinks somebody is full of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies