Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
she can wear a hot air baloon for all i care but should show a little respect to her classmates in the yearbook that they are themselves forking out a lot of their OWN money for. it aint her yearbook and it aint her school and it aint just her selfish memories. she is looking for nothing but attention and got it. at the expense of her classmates and their families
And, the school found themselves embroiled in an expensive lawsuit. Again, rational adults should know better than to let the tail wag the dog. Now, the entire community will pay, and their blame is misplaced if they're angry with the girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 10:13 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
And, the school found themselves embroiled in an expensive lawsuit. Again, rational adults should know better than to let the tail wag the dog. Now, the entire community will pay, and their blame is misplaced if they're angry with the girl.
thats what its all about with you liberals. sure the whole community will pay even grandma who did nothing but bake bisquits. carry on

Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
thats what its all about with you liberals. sure the whole community will pay even grandma who did nothing but bake bisquits. carry on
Grandma probably want's to his the school board over the head with a rolling pin for being so stupid.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Grandma probably want's to his the school board over the head with a rolling pin for being so stupid.
his on the head is kinda cruel. but for what its worth mind your own business stay out of my town and i'll stay out of yours.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
yuor school sounds like a wasteland. not acceptable where i live. cowboys would splain it to you

Funny, because I was in High School Rodeo, 4H and FFA....all while sporting a bright pink mohawk

Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times
Quote:
Still not getting my point, parfleche. I have no intention of defending this girl's actions. I really don't know what her motivation was in wearing the tuxedo, and I don't particularly care. What I do care about is the school district having the resources to provide an effective education to its students. That is the administration's core duty, not involving the school in ridiculous lawsuits about clothing to make a point. All the money they spent defending their actions in court is now lost and cannot be used to purchase books, pay teachers, or fund extracurricular activities. THAT is a disgrace, particularly in a time when school districts are so hard up for money. I wasn't kidding that I find the administration's actions to be a breech of fiduciary duty bordering on malfeasance. Grandma has every right to be royally pissed and take a rolling pin to their heads, because she now has to pick up the tab for their short sightedness.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 04-28-2010 at 10:42 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 10:47 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,636,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I'm glad to see the South falling deeper and deeper under its own ignorance and pride.

The rest of the country is moving forward, but it's becoming blatantly obvious that conservatives will be far outnumbered in the coming years.

This woman will surely find a better life outside of Mississippi, a place where no one should ever live.
Uh, buddy....you live in Massachusetts.

I would rather saw off my left foot than move to any part of Massachusetts ever. You're talking about other states being worthless? I'd take any man, woman, or child in any part of Mississippi over the so called "educated" folk of Boston and Cambridge.

Your state voted in a half-dead alcoholic drunk driving murderer for half a century. Time to keep quiet.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Still not getting my point, parfleche. I have no intention of defending this girl's actions. I really don't know what her motivation was in wearing the tuxedo, and I don't particularly care. What I do care about is the school district having the resources to provide an effective education to its students. That is the administration's core duty, not involving the school in ridiculous lawsuits about clothing to make a point. All the money they spent defending their actions in court is now lost and cannot be used to purchase books, pay teachers, or fund extracurricular activities. THAT is a disgrace, particularly in a time when school districts are so hard up for money. I wasn't kidding that I find the administration's actions to be a breech of fiduciary duty bordering on malfeasance. Grandma has every right to be royally pissed and take a rolling pin to their heads, because she now has to pick up the tab for their short sightedness.
the school district is not filing a lawsuit. they would rather spend their money on books i'm sure. but they are dealing with a spoiled brat that thinks she can control the whole district cause she thinks she is special and change everything around her with no care about anyone else or how it may hurt them. selfish and stupid hope she gets what she wants

Old 04-28-2010, 11:09 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
GOOD! She is a female she needs to wear a dress or other female attire not a damn tuxedo! Not everyone is as backwards as New York and California!
Oh the horror. She wore a tuxedo; the world can't handle that.

Earth to LostSoul83: it's not 1865 anymore. People these days actually like having the freedom to live how they want to, not how you want them to. And there's really nothing you can do about it.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:11 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
his on the head is kinda cruel. but for what its worth mind your own business stay out of my town and i'll stay out of yours.
No. I'm coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies