Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:40 AM

683 posts, read 427,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That's true.

Are you suggesting Obama has an unacknowledged drinking problem?
It sure would explain a lot, we all know that drinking and smoking tends to go together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Probably not, the recovery process takes a lot of will power and nerve to even enter and that's only after you've acknowledged you have a problem...
Bush never stopped drinking.
Will power and nerve have nothing to do with recovery, not taking the first drink does.

Quote:
It sure would explain a lot, we all know that drinking and smoking tends to go together.
"We all know" automatically makes your statement false.

Here's Bush at the Beijing Olympics, virus again?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izPXS...eature=related

There are numerous links, but I don't have access outside of the US.

Last edited by chielgirl; 04-29-2010 at 08:42 AM..

Old 04-29-2010, 09:33 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,107,068 times
What's wrong with the President (whether it was Bush or Obama) having a few drinks?? Even though I am a Republican, I would love to have a drink (or seven) with Obama.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
What's wrong with the President (whether it was Bush or Obama) having a few drinks?? Even though I am a Republican, I would love to have a drink (or seven) with Obama.
You don't understand, it's ok for Obama to be a drunk and smoke whatever he can find but when Bush pops up in a picture with a scrape on his arm or a beer in his hand he's a card carrying lush.

Having a beer summit at the White House is perfectly fine.

YouTube - Why Was Joe Biden At The Obama Beer Summit?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Bush never stopped drinking.
Will power and nerve have nothing to do with recovery, not taking the first drink does.

"We all know" automatically makes your statement false.
I'm sorry, maybe I should have said "people with common sense know that drinking and smoking tend to go hand in hand."

Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,755,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
He admitted to having drinking problems (alcoholic) years ago but sobered up and became born again christian. Was he lying about being an addict, or did he fall off the wagon? People didn't hold it against him when he said he was clean and sober. See?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:23 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,672,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
(CNN) -- Laura Bush is suggesting she, her husband and several aides were poisoned during a 2007 visit to Germany for the G8 summit, one of several new details in the former first lady's forthcoming memoir, "Spoken From the Heart."

Due to hit bookshelves May 4 but purchased by CNN at a Washington-area bookstore, Mrs. Bush says she and former President George W. Bush became mysteriously sick on the Germany trip to such a degree that the president became bedridden.

Laura Bush in memoir: George and I may have been poisoned - CNN.com

It was alcohol poising. So, when she says they were poisoned it's a half truth, politics as usual.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:54 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,258,000 times
Quote:
You don't understand, it's ok for Obama to be a drunk and smoke whatever he can find but when Bush pops up in a picture with a scrape on his arm or a beer in his hand he's a card carrying lush.

There's nothing wring with an adult having a beer.

There IS something wrong anytime an alcoholic who is (supposedly) in recovery has a beer.

Also, there is no evidence that I'm aware of that Obama is a drunk, or smokes anything other than cigarettes.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:07 AM

90 posts, read 123,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Just another drunk and his co-dependant spouse. In this matter they both have my sympathies.
hopefully you think the same way about the kennedy idiot that drove off a bridge when he was drunk and killed someone. too bad he is not here anymore.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:54 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:

1. This is off-topic. The topic is about Laura Bush's memoir about the G-8 summit and being poisoned. Not about Obama.

2. Did you miss the video of Bush drinking the night before he got sick at the G8?

Yes, having a beer is perfectly fine.

Bush Talks of Past Addiction - washingtonpost.com
Bush, who was here to celebrate the seventh anniversary of his program to funnel federal funds to "faith-based" social service organizations, has occasionally talked over the years about his struggles with alcohol before he quit in 1986 after waking up with a hangover from celebrating his 40th birthday.

Bush is a self-proclaimed alcoholic.
Albeit one that never stopped drinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies