Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I have never seen any thread about Bush and marriage. I thread is about families not the White House. It is up to families and clear thinking people to protect the ageless tradition of marriage.

You said: "It is just the beginning assault on the traditional family structure by the gay community"

I was just wondering why it's apparently only the gay community that you take offense with when family values are being attacked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 09:09 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
That is why Californians are leaving the state in droves. Is no longer the US, not sure what one would call what it has "morphed" into....

One of the MAJOR movie networks, is presenting a month long agenda of gay movies, gay producers/director, etc. Special.

I blocked that channel.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:10 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I disagree, a frivolous suit is a frivolous suit, there are frivolous suits filed everyday that any decent lawyer would refuse to be part of, your're just venting your hatred of the gay community.
It's the liberal judges who make these immoral rulings, they will ruin this country if we vote them in. We'd better know WHO these judges are on the ballots and vote for the right ones from now on!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What ageless tradition?

Arranged marriage (frequently featuring very old men and very young women?
Polygamy (sometimes with sisters or with children)?
Serial marriage (multiple divorce)?
Forced procreation (no birth control)
Serial rape (men have a "right" to sex even if the wife is unwilling)?
Domestic slavery?

Which one of these fine traditions do you feel is threatened by homosexuals wanting to get married?

Maybe you missed it; Traditional Marriage not those that distort it or plan to distort it. I'm sure if we dug a little there would be people that would like to marry their dog but Traditional Marriage is the subject at hand.

Last edited by citigirl; 06-12-2007 at 09:30 AM..

Old 06-12-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You said: "It is just the beginning assault on the traditional family structure by the gay community"

I was just wondering why it's apparently only the gay community that you take offense with when family values are being attacked?
Name me one other group, community of people or organization that is activily confronting traditional marriage and I will start a thread just for you.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What ageless tradition?

Arranged marriage (frequently featuring very old men and very young women?
Polygamy (sometimes with sisters or with children)?
Serial marriage (multiple divorce)?
Forced procreation (no birth control)
Serial rape (men have a "right" to sex even if the wife is unwilling)?
Domestic slavery?

Which one of these fine traditions do you feel is threatened by homosexuals wanting to get married?
You named all the marriages that Americans do not condone. We are speaking of traditional marriage of the Bible and the U.S.A. How dare you speak of homosexuals wanting to get married. Marriage is and always has been about a woman and a man, not two people of the same sex. Homosexuals can call their union by another name than marriage!!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:31 AM

Maybe we should start filing suit because someone uses the word partner. Don't you feel left out?

Old 06-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
You named all the marriages that Americans do not condone. We are speaking of traditional marriage of the Bible and the U.S.A. How dare you speak of homosexuals wanting to get married. Marriage is and always has been about a woman and a man, not two people of the same sex. Homosexuals can call their union by another name than marriage!!

You mean the same Bible that offers advice on how to treat ones's slaves?

And what do you mean the Bible AND the U.S.A.?

Can you site what US law makes the Bible the official arbiter of morals in the US?

Last edited by burdell; 06-12-2007 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-12-2007, 10:02 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,076 times

Old 06-12-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Name me one other group, community of people or organization that is activily confronting traditional marriage and I will start a thread just for you.

Gee, I don't know.

Do adulterers have a community?

Do people who work two jobs to buy more stuff while ignoring their children have an organization?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies