Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:22 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The second pic, cyber looks like Sarah Jessie Parker when
she was younger

I have been told that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
seriously...you look like a cop named Sue, that I knew years ago

she was/is a good lady,,

you are irish???

Nope not her but I am glad she was nice. Yes I am Irish, French, German and Italian.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I have been told that before.

Nope not her but I am glad she was nice. Yes I am Irish, French, German and Italian.
good mix

me too a mutt of many

english, irish, scotish, german, italian, romanian, and a little native american

Old 07-15-2010, 02:18 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I don't generally hobnob with the "fake" crowd, but those WHITES I have met and known IN GENERAL in CA are healthier, happier, more robust types. Just thought it might have something to do with the sunshine!.
As if there's so much sunshine in SF and San Mateo....

Not to mention that the countries of origin of the traditional white population of the Bay Area are similar to those of the Northeast.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:23 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Questions View Post
Do you believe that White People in the Midwest are significantly different culturally than White People on the East Coast?

Here in suburban Washington DC they say that even with all the ethnic diversity we have that WHITE PEOPLE still are in the majority. Maybe but these are not the type of white people I am familar with. But here in the Urban Northeast, most of the so called White People come from Italian, Greek and Middle Eastern Ethnic Backgrounds and bring their culture to the area. For example, in suburban New York the US Census says that most white people have Italian Ancestry. Ever seen the TV Show Jersey Shore? You know the type.

But go to a place like Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota or Nebraska and most of the White People come from a German ancestry and the regional culture is completely different.

Do you see what I am talking about? Why does everyone lump all white people together acting like they are all the same? Whites in the Urban Northeast Cities and the Midwest are completely different. Don't you agree?

so true, we in the midwest believe in the here and now and staying out of other peoples business, while the NE believe in stealing from everyone as much as possible, the future meaning more than 1-2 years, and butting into each everyone elses business.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:31 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,164 times
I read in an earlier post, and now I can't remember who it was, that said they didn't consider Oklahoma to be Midwest, but did consider them rednecks. If Oklahoma isn't midwest, what is it called? We are not southwest, that is Arizona and New Mexico area. Not southeast, that is Tennessee and Kentucky and that area. I guess Oklahoma and Texas are the wild west?

Whoever said, that in Penn. after a tornado, the neighbors would wait for the gov. to build them a new barn and steal their cattle in the meantime. In Okla. they don't even wait for a tornado, if you have an unlocked gait--then you better lock them with a bunch of chains. Terrible but true.

Yah, there are a lot of rednecks in Oklahoma, but that is because of all the work done in the sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies