Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we shoot and kill those trying to cross the border?
YES, by all means, we need to keep the illegals out 14 41.18%
No, NO WAY! 20 58.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 11:46 AM

220 posts, read 222,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
No, they should be apprehended and fingerprinted and photographed. If it the 1st offense, they are given a "no tresspass" letter and deported. If they come again, they will do mandatory jail time if they are men (often women and kids have no say so in the matter).

ahhh! a voice of reason

Old 05-01-2010, 11:52 AM

296 posts, read 273,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borikua View Post
This is what is in the hearts and minds of the white man.

There is no place in Heaven for your race... only the fiery pit.
what a nice way to generalize and speak for everyone. I'm sure there's a nice warm place for people like that as well.. enjoy

BTW, is there a puerto rican race I missed somewhere? Could've swore it was a little of this and a little of that, which means you're screwed by your own distorted logic.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:15 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner71 View Post
Tell me, what did BOOSH and the others before him do about protecting our borders?

I bet I wont get an answer.
Bush tried to get an amnesty for them as long as they promised to vote republican.

Had he succeeded, you might now have "Madame President", you betcha instead of the best Big-P President the country has seen since Kennedy.

Maybe even Lincoln, but we won't know that until 2016 when he leaves office.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You can't tell the difference between keeping people from leaving a country vs. letting criminals and leaches enter one at will?
Ask the dead ones who tried to cross. I'm certain they can put a fine point on the distinction for you.

If they can't tell you, ask those who were discovered and killed trying to free themselves from slavery via the Underground Railroad.

BTW - A man who crosses the border illegally to find work to feed his hungry family is neither a criminal nor a LEECH in my book. he is a hero, I can empathize with him , and I would do the same or more if I was in his shoes. Perhaps if we had been realistic long ago and changed the process of issuing green cards and work permits to speed it up, we might have slowed or stopped the problem.

But solving problems is not what politicians of any party are ever in business to do. A problem solved is one less wedge that can be used to divide the p[opulace and keep the donations coming in.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:29 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
You need a border that would be lethal to cross, with increasing discomfort as you approach it (so animals avoid it too). Putting border guards in the position of shooting immigrants won't work. Maybe some of the "stimulus" money that is being given to big corporations could go to developing the technology for a laser-border, or some variation.

Or, we can keep doing what we're doing, and equalize quality of life with Mexico.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
You need a border that would be lethal to cross, with increasing discomfort as you approach it (so animals avoid it too). Putting border guards in the position of shooting immigrants won't work. Maybe some of the "stimulus" money that is being given to big corporations could go to developing the technology for a laser-border, or some variation.

Or, we can keep doing what we're doing, and equalize quality of life with Mexico.
Good idea.

Send Dick Cheney down to the border with a jeep, a case of scotch, and a shotgun and tell him that anyone who tries to come across is a lawyer.

When word gets out, that'll keep 'em home, by golly!

Old 05-01-2010, 03:49 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Even suggesting that our great nation should shoot and kill unarmed men, women and children is beyond disgraceful. Thread closed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies