Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:23 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Yeah, like being a white sox fan but not being able to name ONE player.
Little lies, a sign of no problem with big lies.
Thanks to the poster on You Tube that he was caught in action.
How embarrassing.

lots of folks are "fans" of sport and can't name a player. there is a difference between being a fan and being fanatic. he doesn't have to know the name of every player to like the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 12:26 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
lots of folks are "fans" of sport and can't name a player. there is a difference between being a fan and being fanatic. he doesn't have to know the name of every player to like the game.
gee thanks for clearing that up, I was getting worried that Obama might be a pathological liar like most politicians

Old 05-01-2010, 01:07 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,704 times
I think he might be to lie about something like that.
The way he did it too, real bullsh## artist.
Creepy

Old 05-01-2010, 01:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
This is a clear case of taking what was said out of context:

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama To Wall Street: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"
PRESIDENT OBAMA: "Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money."
This is what he actually said:
"Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy."
Yes, they are shameless liars.
Both extremes, left and right, are shameless liars, it's just that the RW is a good bit more practiced at it.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:39 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,560 times
Not really seeing the lie. He said that HE thinks that at a certain point you've made enough money. It's the American way to continue making it.

One could infer that it's not neccessarily his way of seeing it.

And no, I'm not saying he's not American, so don't jump on that.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:21 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
Admit your only problem with this is it was used against your side.
Why don't you admit that you have no problem with this is because it's against my side an President Obama?

Old 05-01-2010, 06:27 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
He said it, they reported it, the right wingers aren't the ones lying about it.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama To Wall Street: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"
PRESIDENT OBAMA: "Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money."
"Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy."

They are?

His own words and still his supporters deny the truth.

http://blogs.ajc.com/kyle-wingfield/...kyle_wingfield

Quote:
Want to guess how many chief executives of financial companies in 2009, according to Forbes, earned as much as the 20 celebs I’ve listed here?

How about none?

In fact, the $2.4 billion in total earnings of the 100 highest-paid CEOs, regardless of industry, barely beat out the $2.1 billion of the twenty-five best-compensated celebs (living ones, that is).
Again, obama and his straw man - always looking for a target for his rhetoric to help him to push along his radical agenda.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:56 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,523 times
Quote:

Sounds to me like he thinks some people make too much money. As soon as he said he realized that wouldn't go over well so he tried to gloss it over.

No one can read that quote and not come to the conclusion that he thinks there should be a limit on pay. Kind of ironic, his tax returns showed he made 5 million last year. Right in the middle of a recession. He shouldn't be giving lectures on what people make. Guess the Bush economy has been pretty good to the Obama family.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:49 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Sounds to me like he thinks some people make too much money. As soon as he said he realized that wouldn't go over well so he tried to gloss it over.

No one can read that quote and not come to the conclusion that he thinks there should be a limit on pay. Kind of ironic, his tax returns showed he made 5 million last year. Right in the middle of a recession. He shouldn't be giving lectures on what people make. Guess the Bush economy has been pretty good to the Obama family.
Sounds to me that you have a reading comprehension problem as well as a problem realizing that Obama's tax return was for the year 2009 and he was POTUS for all but 20 days of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies