Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 11:33 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
I'll gladly give Canada the keys to Michigan and be done with that......
I'd take you up on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 12:03 AM

946 posts, read 2,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
If Mexico is not taking over, I can tell you for one that, it’s pillaging, it’s ravaging and it’s destroying this country piece by piece like swarms of locusts on vegetation. California’s economy has suffered the brunt of this menace, and now has to bare the consequence of being overwhelmed by a generous public social program, that I suspect has been hijacked by agents of the Mexican Government.
I know, it's simply outrageous that those damn *******s can work in the fields harvesting our lettuce and other vegetables, we all know there are lots of white people who will happily take their place and keep our veggie prices down. Thank God for White Power! I see those guys out there all the time, lightning bolts on the sides of their necks as they harvest America's goodness. Oops, sorry, that's not quite right--otherwise my lettuce wouldn't be available at all, as those sorry white ****s can't work in the sun--that's why Mexicans are there.

And yes, I have owned my own lawn care business and know what it's like to mow in 115+ heat and what it's like to find people, white or brown, who can do it. Or black, yellow or red, I'm not prejudiced, I just wanted people who could work.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:27 AM

640 posts, read 1,732,169 times
I just want to remind everyone that "Gringo" is not a derogatory term. It simply means "American", sometimes referring more specifically to a "white American." I've heard of black people being called "gringo."

Old 05-02-2010, 12:43 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Maybe Mexico just wants back what once belonged to it? Maybe we can sell these states to Mexico to alleviate our national debt?
Uhm, excuse me but one of those states you want to sell to fix the national debt is my home. I do not take kindly to other people feeling they can suggest that my home is theirs to sell.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:55 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Im going to check on that .I swear I read someplace he was caught and beheaded......Gezzzz
Yea, think I'm gonna have to look into the history of his a bit more myself. I do remember wayyyyy back in junior high learning a bit about this period, and do remember reading that Houstons men wanted to kill Santa Ana, but Hosuton said no, and he returned to Mexico in disgrace, and with the anger of his surviving officers on his back. Thus It surprises me to learn that he commanded Mexican forces agianst the US. No wonder they lost. From what I hear, the new movie about the Alamo gives a bit less dramatic version of the story and it's characters than what we have been used to with Fess Parker and John Wayne. Think I'll watch it tonight and see what the skinny is. Been a spell since I saw a good history based flick.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:30 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I'd gladly give Mexico the keys to all of Texas, Oklahoma and Arizona and be done with it.
We'll be glad to tell the illegals where you live so you can do business with them. Since there won't be much employment in Michigan they'll probly just want to set up camp in your backyard. Maybe use the toilet in your house while you're gone to work.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:28 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Uhm, excuse me but one of those states you want to sell to fix the national debt is my home. I do not take kindly to other people feeling they can suggest that my home is theirs to sell.
Funny, the Palestinians said the same thing in 1947 and got railed in the ass anyway.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:56 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times
What are the values that define the American identity ?

Guns,capital penalty,capitalism,liberty,democracy...

Any Mexican who believes in those values is an hermano

My estimate is that 30-50% of the Mexicans are believers,thus pro- American...

So,the distinction is not an ethnic one,between Americans & Mexicans
but an ideological one,between pro-american & antiamerican elements...

Millions of Mexicans are more American than millions of antiamerican U.S citizens

Old 05-02-2010, 06:08 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
While remembering the Alamo, let's not forget:

Juan Abamillo was a native Tejano who had volunteered to serve in the Texas Revolution under the command of Juan N. Seguín. He had arrived at the Alamo on February 23, 1836 and he died there on March 6, 1836 as he fought alongside Travis, Crocket and the others.

Juan Antonio Badillo was born in Texas and also served under Captain Juan N. Seguín. Badillo accompanied Seguín to the Alamo in February. But when Seguín was called out to rally reinforcements, Badillo stayed at the Alamo. Like his fellow revolutionary, Juan Abamillo, Juan Antonio Badillo died on March 6, defending the Alamo against Mexican Federal troops.

Carlos Espalier (1819-1836) was born in Texas and was said to be a protégé of Jim Bowie. When he died at the Alamo, he was only seventeen years old.

José María Esparza (1802-1836), also known as Gregorio Esparza, was born in San Antonio de Béxar, as the child of Juan Antonio and Maria Petra (Olivas) Esparza. He married Anna Salazar, by whom he had several children. Esparza had enlisted with Captain Seguín in October 1835. When General Santa Anna and his forces arrived in February 1836, Esparza and his family were advised to take refuge in the Alamo. Although Esparza could have left if he had desired to do so, he decided to stay, and his family remained with him. He tended a cannon during the siege and died when the Alamo fell on March 6, 1836. His brother, Francisco Esparza, recovered his body and arranged for a Christian ceremony and burial. Most of the defenders were not given the same respect.

Antonio Fuentes (1813-1836) was born in San Antonio de Béxar, Texas. He was recruited by Juan N. Seguín and took part in the siege of Béxar. Fuentes had a falling out with the Seguín and Travis, but when the Mexican troops arrived in San Antonio, he stayed and fell with the other defenders.

Damacio Jiménez, a native of Texas, also joined Seguín's militia. Damacio had served with Colonel Travis at Anahuac and entered the Alamo in late 1835. He died with the other defenders.

José Toribio Losoya (1808-1836) was one of Capt. Juan N. Seguín's company of Tejanos. He had been born in the Alamo barrio on April 11, 1808, to Ventura Losoya and Concepción de Los Angeles Charlé. He deserted the Mexican army to enlist as a rifleman in Seguín's company. In February 1836, Losoya rode to the Alamo with Seguín and was there when the fortress fall. His wife and three children sought refuge in the mission chapel and survived the siege.

Andrés Nava (1810-1836) was a native of Texas who had enlisted for six months service under the command of Juan N. Seguín. He took part in the siege of Béxar and later died while defending the Alamo on March 6, 1836.

or

José Antonio Navarro (1795-1871), who was one of the three Tejano Mexicano signers of the Texas Declaration of Independence (the other two were José Francisco Ruiz and Lorenzo de Zavala). Navarro was elected to serve twice in the Texas Senate, and Navarro County was named in his honor.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:17 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
This is terrible that our men were killed. We need to demand a payment from mexico so we can give the money to their families... This bad deed needs to be made right...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies