Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 08:54 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,756 times

Advertisements

Yes, definitely has......Brought us together and put us back into focus......

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 10:49 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
To the contrary. My wife and I are both conservative/constitutionalists. We no longer hear Bush bashing when we go out with her liberal school teacher friends. In fact, they have been very quiet about politics lately. That's a good thing!

I sell Solar Panels. I would say that I visit between 15-20 homeowners a week. A large majority speak out against Obama's policies. The liberals NEVER say a word! I'm starting to see some attempts at peeling off Obama Biden bumper stickers too!
I've noticed this too .. All of the friends (short of a couple of 20-somethings) I have, that voted Obama, are seemingly very quiet about things these days.

I never berated them for voting Obama .. it's a free country .. you can vote for whoever you want to .. I think they're being fairly quiet because this isn't the Obama they were expecting to get when they voted.

I'm not one of those "I Told You So" kind of guys .. I tend to let folks figure these things out for themselves ..

Since this is a 30/70 nation these days, It's hard for me to see my friends finally coming to understand that they really weren't a part of that 30% afterall.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:54 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Obama went from very popular to hated. Funny.
My relationships were and are too strong to let some wimpy pres affect them. I haven't lost a single person in my life because I strongly dislike the lost little soul that is Obama.
Once Obamacare kicks in he'll loose more support.
Our next President will win on the platform of Healthcare Reform Repeal .. lower taxes, and reversal of many of the most recent Federal Mandates .. Whether they be Democrat, Republican, or Independent, the one who appeals to the wants and the wishes of the American people in general, will be the the one who wins the Presidency in 2012.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Of I'm obsessed it is not with Obama but instead with preserving this Representative Republic's Constitutionally affirmed individual freedom's and state's rights. Obama just keeps trying to get in the way of those.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:38 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I would hear occasional put downs at work of Bush regarding the economy. Now I hear occasional put downs of Obama regarding the economy. You don't hear anybody vocally defending Obama. Bush at least had a few defenders.
Its like family gatherings. There's a wild child always getting into trouble and you knew they'd never amount to much. That would be Bush. He'd be joked about. Then you had the good kid who you expected a lot from and he goes out and gets busted selling drugs and stealing and nobody wants to mention his name anymore. Just a complete disappointment. That would be Obama.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:47 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
My mom's obsession has effected my relationship with her. Not in a horrible way but still, it's annoying. I'm not even a huge Obama fan but she knows my son and I voted for him and is constantly trying to get me to say I regret it (sorry mom, no can do). When she brings it up, AND SHE ALWAYS DOES, it's along the lines of "don't tell me you still support him" or "Did you hear that Obama wants to...", etc. It's like reading the titles of these threads I swear. She never used to talk about politics much so this is throwing me off a bit. She is 80 and I refuse to fight with her about it, I just try to change the subject. They cancelled their cable tv and now she listens to a bunch of conservative talk radio so you know..

The other day she dropped by my house unexpectedly, with my dad waiting outside in the car, to drop off a book on Presidents she found at a book sale and bought for my 19 year old son. OK, he doesn't want a book on Presidents but whatever, I thanked her and she turned to leave. But just before I closed the door she said "Oh, I forgot to tell you the best part of the book...it goes from Washington to Bush Jr and doesn't even mention Obama!". She may be old but I think at this point she is just doing things to purposely get a reaction from me.

Sounds like you have a beautiful and wonderful mother, props to her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies