Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 10:48 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I think that this is one thing we agree on--except maybe it being "their loss".

One customer does not make or break a business.
Agreed but I'm sure that CPL holder is an NRA member, and the NRA is 4 million strong so power in numbers.....

Old 05-04-2010, 10:49 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nice personal attack.
Perhaps you should read the post I responded to.
As an owner, I get to choose if I want your money, not you.
You better check the laws, the only reason for refusal of service, would be a violation of store policies. Anything other could be viewed as discrimination.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
If you're white, and I'm white, then you have no basis. And even if it were otherwise, you would have no PROOF.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:56 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Gee,the anti-gun people have such a low intelligence...
Leave your holier than thou non-sense at the door. Criticizing other peoples intelligence because your points are illogical and based around a selfish point of view. You are acting like a child that screams "you're so stupid!" because they didn't get their way.

Quote:
We r not talking about entering a HOME armed,

we talk about PRIVATE property for PUBLIC or COMMERCIAL use...

Do u get it now..?
No, not really. Private is private is private.

So many Americans think that the world revolves around them.

Walk into a nice restaurant and start yelling explitives. When you get kicked out, was your right to freedom of speech infringed?

Since when does your desire to exercise your rights impede a private business owners right to conduct their establishment in the way THEY see fit?

Just like the smoking people who think the world revolves around them. Pathetic.

Quote:
It is for PUBLIC use & for COMMERCIAL purposes...
Owned and operated by a private person.

Quote:
So, I repeat,the owners of those premises cannot deny entry to blondes, pregnant, blacks, Jews, homos, disabled...
You are right. However, I dont see guns in your list.

Quote:
They should not prohibit entry to gun bearers...
And thats your opinion, because you hold no value to the rights of people who spend their own money and invest in their own private enterprise, and instead all you can do is sit on a forum and yell and scream about YOUR rights. Me me me me me.

These are really pretty simple concepts.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:58 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Quote:
U keep pounding the same s*it,that gun carry is not a right...
I ask again..

Can that Fudgeruders whatever post a NO COLOURED sign..?

No...

So,they should not be able to post a NO GUN sign either...

Politics made simple...
Politics made idiotic.

Being black, and decieding to carry a gun are the same?

Old 05-04-2010, 11:15 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should read the post I responded to.
As an owner, I get to choose if I want your money, not you.
Absolutely - and the person you were responding to didn't disagree with that, but you responded as if they had, hence my comment.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:17 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Politics made idiotic.

Being black, and decieding to carry a gun are the same?
You didn't know? All black people carry guns, because all black people are gangsters out to rob and kill whitey.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:30 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Samurai had no problem respecting a Tea house by leaving their weapons at the door. Mutual respect and honoring the rights of all does matter.

A fair adjustment of the rights of all should a city decide it's against open carry is to allow visitors to check their weapons in at the door in custodial care. Open society needs to provide a way for those who do carry to stay in compliance with the law and not put them in situations where they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. I'm against that too. People who feel the need to carry everywhere at all times can choose not to go to these cities.

The story of luby's cafeteria-- the police being on scene and passively witnessing this man shoot this womans mother speaks to me of poor policy. They should have shot to kill this man the moment they arrived if he was continuing his assassinations. Once she was safely out of the building she could have gone to her car to get that gun and take him our herself. She did no such thing, deferring to an authority that didn't get exercised in timely way.
City restrictions were often contested and rightly so. Back then, cites were extremely small and the local constable was more capable of keeping the peace concerning law violators. Even then, those towns which instituted them were often a point of contest with their blanket laws. One might be able to make an argument back then in a small town, but today there is no foundation for such.

Fast forward to today and the police have no clue who is in the city or how dangerous they are. They do not check everyone who enters the city insuring they do not carry while in town, it is impractical to even think it possible. Due to this, it is reasonable for an individual to expect they can carry within the city in order to insure their own protection which can not be provided by the police, as you mentioned with an example.

As for "private" establishments, this is within the bounds of the property holders rights to determine who they do business with and how it will be conducted. It is practical to expect that you may not be allowed to carry within a certain business, not so in a city as I explained. They are simply too large to govern with any reasonable efficiency within this manner. As is often stated, only the law abiding citizens end up defenseless in such requirements which results in the law abiding suffering at the hands of criminals that abuse them.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:32 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
So you're saying that your personal choices trump my business choices.
I don't think so.

fine, do without the extra money, while you are at it also kick the cops and thugs out of your business for carrying firearms as well.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:36 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Why should I have to provide storage for your weapons?
I'm probably not going to bother going to places where I feel so unsafe that I must carry a weapon.
Your weapon is no reason for me to incur extra expense.
Don't eat in my restaurant if you don't want to follow my rules.
You don't, this was simply a result of the business in those past times. Usually when businesses provide such, they also attempt to remedy the issue. For instance, some places will provide a tie and jacket to accommodate cases that were unaware or could not oblige such a request at that time. They don't have to do such, they do it because they do not wish to alienate part of their consumer base. If a business does not wish to do such, then they can certainly refuse.

Again though, a business exists to make money and those businesses that spend more time attending to politics without practical reasoning, well... unless they have a die hard consumer group, they usually go out of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies