Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 03:10 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,520,193 times

Advertisements

Fuddruckers Chain Feeling Heat From Pro-Gun Advocates - Law Blog - WSJ

Old 05-01-2010, 03:14 PM

36,877 posts, read 18,756,220 times
It's their business. They can run it as they see fit as long as they are within the law.

What's your problem? You think your hamburger will be served so rare that you'll have to shoot it before you can have lunch?

Last edited by cuebald; 05-01-2010 at 03:27 PM..

Old 05-01-2010, 03:16 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,187,698 times
If I own a business and I don't want people bringing their guns in, that is my right.
I don't have to serve you.
It's a family friendly restaurant, for goodness sake.

Wanna get mad at Chuckie Cheese, too?

I have less and less respect for gun whackos every day.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:25 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,220,006 times
I'm a gun owner, and there's NO right to bring guns into private establishments. It should be up to the owner, like with smoking, allow it or ban it, up to the owner... Not to the state.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:26 PM

296 posts, read 272,637 times
This, like most articles dealing with guns, is a retarded article. Texas is not an open carry state, so there really should not be an issue. The restaurants should call the police if they see anyone carrying in the open because you cannot do that in any city in the state of Texas.

BTW, don't hate the player if you don't even know how to play the game..

Old 05-01-2010, 03:42 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,473,103 times
This is an interesting thread because it is about a problem that has to be solved...

Gun carry,open or concealed,is a civil right.
No proprietor,no business owner,nobody can violate that right.

In the same way that no business can prohibit blondes,Jews,blacks,homosexuals,disabled etc to enter,work or be served on its premises.
Tobacco use is not a right.Smokers can be banned...

I don't know the exact legal framework but we have to carry this issue to the Supreme Court,to ballots ,to Congressional & State Legislature politics.

Nobody should be able to deny us the right to lawfully carry a gun,openly or concealed...

Old 05-01-2010, 03:54 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,149,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
This is an interesting thread because it is about a problem that has to be solved...

In the same way that no business can prohibit blondes,Jews,blacks,homosexuals,disabled etc to enter,work or be served on its premises.

I don't know the exact legal framework but we have to carry this issue to the Supreme Court,to ballots ,to Congressional & State Legislature politics.

Nobody should be able to deny us the right to lawfully carry a gun,openly or concealed...
Gun carry is governed by the laws of your state and municipality.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:08 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,220,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post

trust me, I'm a gun rights person, but no, not on private property. The owner should decide everything, I think even including people they don't want on. If you don't like that, boycott the heck out of them. It shouldn't be up to the state to tell people how to run their businesses. If they want to ban smoking, fine. If they allow it, fine. If they don't allow black people, well I simply wouldn't go there (I'm white). If they allow guns, I'd be afraid for my life.

I can't see why people would think a shop owner cannot deny gun carriers entrance.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:19 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,471,286 times
Although I don't own a weapon, I'm all for our Second Amendment rights. I'm also for the rights of the business owner to set the rules in her/his business. Personally, I like the idea of concealed carry, bcause it gives the good guys the element of suprise when the bad guys misbehave. OH is a concealed carry state and I'm glad it is. I happen to believe that gun owners that have gone through concealed carrry training would be welcome in any business I owned. And I don't believe anyone who intended to do harm would actually pay attention to a "No Guns Allowed" sign. I do understand how some customers may be unnerved by sitting at the next table to one where a guy had a pistol strapped to his side, though.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:24 PM

18,125 posts, read 15,519,157 times
I have a CCW, been carrying for quite a while now. I respect private establishments right to post a 'no carry' zone. I don't have to patronize their business. But they had better post it. If it's not posted as a no carry establishment, and someone gets bent (like they are going to know whether I'm carrying or not) to bad. I have less and less respect for the bleeding heart progressive hoplophobes every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies