Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 06:38 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,949,573 times

Advertisements

The way I see it is that you cant have it both ways. Either single mothers are choosing losers to have children with...or absentee fathers are choosing loser women to have children with...and since society has already labeled dead beat fathers the losers, then that means that single mothers were the ones making the bad decision.

Really, single mothers, women who have abortions and deadbeat dads are all one in the same...all losers and deadbeats if you ask me. The vast majority of them that Ive met have horrible decision making skills, are irresponsible, and have proven to be poor judges of character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
In my lifetime there has been a huge HUGE change in who are considered losers. When I was younger a loser would be the bum who sat around getting drunk all day instead of going to work.
Today we don't call these guys losers anymore..we call them victims and are supposed to feel compassion towards them.

Today who we call losers are good natured men who don't project a dominant, controlling personality type. Many women call these guys losers and have much animosity towards them, yet these are exactly the type of men who would have made good, stable, loving husbands and fathers in an earlier more civilized era.

This is less of a sign of change in the definition of losers, and more of an indication of who are being made into winners via the change in women's standards. Socially and often financially, these men are still losers and eyesores to society per their behavior...but sexually, they are being made into the top dawgs by women who have an understood subsidy by society for their poor decision making.

The reality is that as women have gained economic freedom/social subsidies, they no longer need decent men. This works well for shortsighted women who run on emotion, live to gloat about their independence, and are guided by whimsical sexual pursuits...but it is devastating to their children, particularly young men. It is why we will continue to see a rise in violence against women by young men. As morally grounded men (who previously would have been exemplary father figures) are walled out from younger men's lives, the moral compass for America's young males is torn asunder. This is also why, in the future, there will continue to be a rise, as there is currently, in the demand for male "mentors"...as decent men will be asked to step in and do the social service of rectifying women's egregiously misguided decision making.

Last edited by solytaire; 05-01-2010 at 07:37 PM..

Old 05-01-2010, 06:56 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,502,873 times
The other part of this is that even though those thug guys act tough and in control they are dumb as rocks and so the women run everything around them. They are literally another child in the house with privileges. I often ask about couples I know who are like this,Where is that oldest boy of hers today. They have no clue and no interest in financially and responsibly being the head of the family. A lot of women like it that way they spend and spend and run up bills all they want and no man in thier life will say a word. If he does one more bag of weed or caine will fix that. Thats why its the single (or pseudo single since a single mom is really rarely single) moms fault.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:57 PM

28 posts, read 30,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Hey, it takes two to tango, doesn't it?

Heres the timeline

Two adults agree to have unprotected sex - equal decision, they both had the power

Woman gets pregnant, tells the possible father

Woman decides she wants the kid, the father doesn't - end equal decision making at this point.

See how that works?
A person who does not want kids having unprotected sex? That's just plain idiotic. Men know as well as women that sex has a risk. They are just as responsible for controlling their actions. Maybe before putting your penis in things you stop to ask the girl what she would do if she got pregnant. If she does not agree with you, do not insert penis. Avoid the situation all together.

Or is it only the women who should possess that kind of foresight?

Old 05-01-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJPots View Post
A person who does not want kids having unprotected sex? That's just plain idiotic. Men know as well as women that sex has a risk. They are just as responsible for controlling their actions. Maybe before putting your penis in things you stop to ask the girl what she would do if she got pregnant. If she does not agree with you, do not insert penis. Avoid the situation all together.

No by all means let him in. Then spend 18 years crying about men not being any good.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:03 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,286,523 times
Quote:

Ugh,

What kind of logic is this?

The woman has just as much say on what kind of protection is used, as he does.

Thats an EQUAL choice.

The unequal choice comes later, when the woman alone gets to decide if she wants the child or not.

If she wants it, and he doesn't, then he is forced to pay for something he never wanted.

She had more choices than he did, and thats wrong.

Be logical about this, please.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:09 PM

I never understood this argument...when women defend their right to abortion/evasion of responsibility, the first thing they say is that contraception is not 100 percent. But in the very next sentence, they cite the fact that men who seek to evade their responsibility should have used contraception, as a reason for why they should be held accountable for their irresponsibility.

That seems like such double talk imo.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:09 PM

28 posts, read 30,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
The way I see it is that you cant have it both ways. Either single mothers are choosing losers to have children with...or absentee fathers are choosing loser women to have children with...and since society has already labeled dead beat fathers the losers, then that means that single mothers were the ones making the bad decision.

Really, single mothers, women who have abortions and deadbeat dads are all one in the same...all losers and deadbeats if you ask me. The vast majority of them that Ive met have horrible decision making skills, are irresponsible, and have proven to be poor judges of character.
Deadbeats are not the same as single parents. A single parent is the one that is doing the right thing. They are raising their kids. Deadbeats don't bother because they are too selfish.

My mother was a single mother and worked 12 hour days as a nurse to support me and my brother because my father could not be bothered to lend a hand. He lived 2 miles away and I never saw him.

My "single mother" and my "deadbeat dad" are not one in the same. My mother is a hero as far as I am concerned and picked up the slack when my father decided he didn't want a family anymore.

My dad had a great job and was very enthusiastic about having a family when my mom married him. I guess the fact that he turned into a loser was her fault. She should have known better. Give me a break.

"Single parents" are not the problem. Bad parents, and lousy partners are.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Deadbeats are not the same as single parents. A single parent is the one that is doing the right thing. They are raising their kids. Deadbeats don't bother because they are too selfish.

My mother was a single mother and worked 12 hour days as a nurse to support me and my brother because my father could not be bothered to lend a hand. He lived 2 miles away and I never saw him.

My "single mother" and my "deadbeat dad" are not one in the same. My mother is a hero as far as I am concerned and picked up the slack when my father decided he didn't want a family anymore.

My dad had a great job and was very enthusiastic about having a family when my mom married him. I guess the fact that he turned into a loser was her fault. She should have known better. Give me a break.

Having a great job does not make a man a great man, much less ideal father material in the least...that is only a material qualification...IMO a single mother who chose the wrong man is every bit as much of a deadbeat as a deadbeat dad...both of them are failures...

Old 05-01-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:

Im sorry no disrespect to your mother but single parents are the problem. Not becuase they are bad parents but because it takes so much to truely raise a child not just in money but time and energy. Something is allways left out when a parent has to go it alone. There is a reason society needs two parents in the home and the more we get away from that the worst these kids become especially boys. Its evident everyday. Show me a low pants wearing walking down the middle of the street punk and Ill show a kid being raised by a single parent or sometimes grandparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies