Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:33 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times

Advertisements

I did it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 04:37 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Col. Mustard did it in the living room with the candle stick.
LOL. Nice.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:41 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Still smarting from criticism of the Bush Cheney response to Katrina, Cheney ordered Haliburton to fake a blowout on the Deep Horizon!

Of course such an accusation is beyond ridiculous but certainly no more ridiculous than the other conspiracy threads making the rounds.

So, join me in coming up with your own ridiculous conspiracy theory.

According to British writer David Icke, 5 to 12-foot (1.5 - 3.7 m) tall, blood-drinking, shape-shifting reptilian humanoids from the Alpha Draconis star system, now hiding in underground bases in Hollow Earth, are the force behind a worldwide conspiracy directed at humanity. He claims that the reptilians maintain their control through the generation of fear and negative emotion, which is food to these entities, by manufacturing conflicts, primarily wars.

He contends that most of the world's leaders are in fact related to these reptilians. Icke's theories now have supporters in 47 countries and he frequently gives lectures to crowds of 2,500 or more. American writer Vicki Santillano ranked the notion that "Reptilian humanoids control all of us" as the 10th most popular conspiracy theory.

File:Land of the Lost (1974) - Enik and the Marshalls.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-03-2010, 04:43 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
I'm wondering about something, could all of this drilling be setting off earthquakes?
I don't understand why we have had 2 small earthquakes in Illinois in the last 4 years when we didn't have any for at least 40 years that I know about.
Just asking because I'm really wondering.
Thanks

Old 05-03-2010, 04:46 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
If I am not mistaken, after the Exxon experience, they created a Federal law that would force, in this case BP, to pay for costs beyond the clean up, ie fishing industry losses, etc. Problem is, there is a limit of $75 million!!! Don't think that will be nearly enough. I think Congress is looking at increasing that limit to $10 billion, even if they do, it would not be retroactive to this event. I suspect there will be many law suits.

Federal law may limit BP liability in oil spill - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2010/05/03/general-energy-us-oil-spill-liability_7571449.html - broken link)
Yes , you are correct. Look for BP to try and head off , or delay liability, by throwing under the bus the owner of the drill rig along with a long list of diversions. Exxon did the same. !0 billion won't even make a dent , you are right on.
What BP has already done , by parachuting in all the lawyers, offering boat owners 5,000 w/ an exception clause to sue, tells us a lot already where things are going. BPs CEO has said that effort was now a mistake on the morning news , but , I think otherwise , it was deliberate. BP has already proven to be a bad actor, its only going to get worse.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:51 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
THE MAN IS A HERO. A DRUGGED OUT HERO, BUT A HERO NONE THE LESS. Why? Because he talks on the radio and stuff, that's why.

Rush Limbaugh Arrested On Drug Charges - CBS News

Old 05-03-2010, 04:57 PM

9 posts, read 4,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I suppose Nature will break the oil down over time--but how many decades or centuries?
It took what, two or three years after the Exxon Valdez spill, for Prince William Sound to get back to normal?

Old 05-03-2010, 05:00 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
pretty much the same reason i clicked on your thread.

+ 1

Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I'm not a Rush fan, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

The oil spill may not be natural, but oil is. He said it wrong, but he is not too far off. Nature will break the oil down over time...
The oil geyser as it stands now is NOT natural. Ask him to tell that to everybody who has his/her life affected by it, and the eco-system that is being damaged.

Radioactive radiation is natural too.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:05 PM

419 posts, read 447,949 times
Can we just use Limbaugh's lard for energy? It will last the nation decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies